• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong β€” Pre-release Discussion Thread

You are being issued a two-week ban for trolling and derailing over a series of posts, and a history of such behavior. -BozPaggs, hologram, mazi, paranoodle
yes you are. i'm talking about this:
That's what I'm hoping for! The trailer had a big emphasis on action. That's why I'm excited now. I'm discussing the trailer of a game I'm excited for.

S I L K
SOOOOOOONG

Do we? Then yeah I'm not excited anymore but I didn't see that in the trailer
We already know it's going to be at least as large as Hollow Knight, the devs confirmed that ages ago (and they've probably added to it since then)

I have no clue why anyone would think that Silksong would be anywhere near 3-4 hours in length

Oh, man, I am disappointed we didn't get a date.

I am thinking of two possibilities here. There is either no date at all, which is the most likely scenario and means there are still some months of waiting left for us to go through. Or perhaps Team Cherry reached some sort of agreement with Microsoft and Nintendo, allowing the former to hold the premiere of the new trailer and the latter to reveal the date.

Is that wishful thinking on my part? Absolutely. But.... you never know.

seems like there won't be an xbox one version
Discover a vast, haunted kingdom in Hollow Knight: Silksong! The sequel to the award-winning action-adventure. Explore, fight and survive as you ascend to the peak of a land ruled by silk and song when Hollow Knight: Silksong launches with Xbox Game Pass.

Coming to Xbox Series X|S, Windows PCs, Day One on Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, and via Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Last edited:
MS: Available Day 1 on Game Pass!
Us: Which is?
MS: Which is what?
Us: What day is "day 1?"
MS: When it becomes available on Game Pass!
Us: ...

Well at the very least there'll be some neat YouTube analyses coming up soon once the HK community finishes making their hour-long analyses of 1 and a half minutes of footage

We'll get a release date this month in the Direct.
This is what I'm thinking as well. It seems to me that MS knows what the release date will be, but doesn't reveal it. I think the marketing has been divided between MS and Nintendo. MS gets the "it's day 1 on game pass" thing. Nintendo gets the "as you already know, it's day 1 on the Switch as well, and here's the release date".

Found Brock's alt accounts ;)
Well, going by post count compared to when the accounts where created, and that they found it importaint to post here , both the same... yeah...could actually be.

Im actually suprized that brock was banned. Expected a warning at most.

My gut says, we will see this game this summer. 40% chance its a shadow drop in the nintendo direct (with it either being XBox shortly after that, or at the same time)

Yeah I'm totally on team "will get another trailer and a date in the Direct". Don't think it'll be shadowdropped, though, although that COULD be a reason to not give any kind of a release window today, so who knows.

Coming to all platforms bar Playstation according to the official page
yeah seems like it'll be skipping PS at launch. i guess MS paid for the port.

screenshot2022-06-13a7tj1d.png

Yeah I'm totally on team "will get another trailer and a date in the Direct". Don't think it'll be shadowdropped, though, although that COULD be a reason to not give any kind of a release window today, so who knows.
Even if not, if they want the release to be given at nintendos direct, then giving a release windows would be confusing (2 release anouncements in a short period, some publications/fans could mix it up)

just rewatched the trailer and good god, this game is going to be incredible.

This game is looking SO good. I can't wait to explore these areas, especially with the music and atmosphere really dripping around me.
yeah, looks insane. team cherry are just perfectionists, the attention to details in some of the shots is ridiculous.

Only aspect im not fond of:
it looks less colorfull. One thing i really liked with the first trailer, is that compared to HK the colors popped more and where less variants of blue and green with grey.

this was the weirdest announcement in the xbox show. while they talked about all games releasing within 12 months and later reconfirmed that specifically for silksong, all other games were given a 2022 or 2023 release date and included in the collage shown at the end of the show.

FVEotJOVEAA76mU

silksong not being there makes me think we're getting the date soon and MS just wasn't allowed to reveal it.

Only aspect im not fond of:
it looks less colorfull. One thing i really liked with the first trailer, is that compared to HK the colors popped more and where less variants of blue and green with grey.

Yeah the first trailer certainly popped more, but at least we know the game is going to be colorful as fuc.

9823BE2F-4C0F-48BF-8CCE-DC4360FA7217.jpeg
AF905195-2380-4F62-A2B3-F26B827C6133.jpeg

3FABE1C6-4B05-40CB-B591-00D10DC62A03.jpeg

Attachments

• 8942A43F-BF4B-40E5-AECF-3B0F7B0A1EDE.jpeg
    8942A43F-BF4B-40E5-AECF-3B0F7B0A1EDE.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 85
this was the weirdest announcement in the xbox show. while they talked about all games releasing within 12 months and later reconfirmed that specifically for silksong, all other games were given a 2022 or 2023 release date and included in the collage shown at the end of the show.

FVEotJOVEAA76mU

silksong not being there makes me think we're getting the date soon and MS just wasn't allowed to reveal it.
Oh, that's an interesting catch! I like your reasoning!

Back
Top Bottom