• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

mazi

picross pundit
1000 days ago, on february 14th, 2019, team cherry announced hollow knight: silksong. originally planned to be DLC for the first game, it has been expanded to become a full-blown sequel to hollow knight.

here's what we've seen of the game so far:

announcement trailer:

details from team cherry:

treehouse gameplay demo from E3 2019:

xbox announcement trailer:

two songs from the soundtrack:

some details from the preview in EDGE magazine #354 (summary from here):
j216dw5g1j8q.jpeg

• Team Cherry's next game will not be Hollow Knight related
  • Team Cherry like Castlevania Lords of Shadow!
  • Hornet will have the ability to perform tasks for NPC's, keep track of tasks you've completed through noticeboards around Pharloom.
  • Not replacing organic quest lines from the first Hollow Knight.
  • Instead of rescuing Grub's from jars, now you rescue fleas, that get themselves into little scraps.
  • Hornet's Crests are fully customisable, can be easily changed to reflect your play style.
  • Trying to create a game that's accessible to new players, but also matches the difficulty of the original game.
  • 'Tricks' such as Sting Shards, Pimpillo Bombs, straight pins, can be crafted at benches from shards gathered from defeated enemies.
  • The objective of the game is to climb to the Citadel, but there will be 'many other lands'
  • Hollow Knight composer Christopher Larkin returns
  • Start off the game having lost many of your powers
  • PC and Switch only at launch, release date TBA. the game has since been announced to launch on Xbox and Playstation as well.

links:
steam page
eshop page
xbox page
playstation page
page on the hollow knight wiki (contains info on the enemies, bosses and areas revealed so far)

Last edited:
I hope the game is actually coming out in February. I wonder if Nintendo spotlights the game in the next direct, and then it comes out two weeks later.

I'm trying to not even think about this since I already know it's going to be worth the wait

Doesn't make the wait any less excruciating...

I somehow read this as press-release and got excited for a second.

Brb, crying in a corner.

First one was my first indie and first ever 2d metroidvania I played. Loved it. Can't wait for the next one!

September 2021 - Bayo 3 was reconfirmed after 1,386 days from announcement
October 2021 - Metroid Dread was released after 16 years since the first rumors
November 2021 - SMTV is going to be released after 58 months from reveal
December 2021 - ;) One can dream, at least.

It's frustrating obviously, but I like to think that each day passing makes the game better. And it will be darn good then.

I read Silksong, I clicked fast as I can to measure my disappoinment to not know when will be getting more news/release date/gameplay videos.

I know Team Cherry is taking their time to deliver a great experience polishing the game but plz... End our suffering... XD... We need an update... XD

Any hope for more info/shadow drop during this year TGA?
i definitely think it's a big enough indie game that if team cherry had a new trailer for it or a release date announcement, geoff wouldn't hesitate to put it in the show. i'm a little bit hopeful it shows up, like i've been for the past few game awards :(

Honestly, this is the game I've been looking forward to the most in my adult life. But I've actively stopped following it so it can be a fun and exciting time when I find it's actually out. Since I don't want to overhype it in my mind. Instead, I just replay Hollow Knight for the 293048230498th time lmao

Hollow Knight was so good... I'm excited about this one.

I also played HK kinda late so it'll be fun (I guess) to discover the game alongside the community.

Surely, surely 2022 is the year. The original is my favourite game from this gen after BotW and I’m in for the sequel day 1 whenever it releases.

Hollow Knight was so good... I'm excited about this one.

I also played HK kinda late so it'll be fun (I guess) to discover the game alongside the community.
Yeah, I came into HK late myself. Been super looking forward to this since. Also reminds me I need to find wherever the hell my Hornet shirt went, lol.

I really doubt that list is accurate, but I do think we'll see Silksong here. It's about time.

I would have imagined a February direct shadowdrop but a Keighleys shadowdrop would be also impressive.
It's not going to be a shadowdrop, especially since we're probably looking at a retail release.

I think it's a partial list, not sure though.
Well it doesn't have confirmed titles like Sonic so it's at least partial (but imo likely just fake)

Anyways Silksong hype! Expecting/hoping for a release date trailer

Saying this "lines up" with a 4chan "leak" is like saying something lined up with a horoscope. There are dozens of them every day and they all try to be as broad and vaguely plausible as possible.

Saying this "lines up" with a 4chan "leak" is like saying something lined up with a horoscope. There are dozens of them every day and they all try to be as broad and vaguely plausible as possible.
Hey, I'm holding to hope! Although to be fair, yeah this could have been faked haha.

I want to believe, but I refuse to.

I also will purchase and download it the very moment it goes live on the eshop.

If the list is accurate, then Hooray for Bayo 3, Callisto Protocol, and TMNT!! With the Sonic stuff and possibly Silksong, won’t be too bad of a show for me personally. It will finally be the year where I am interested in more than just two games that they show/announce at least.

Holy shit. Feels like I’ve been waiting my whole life for this moment!

A shadowdrop would actually be a mixed bag for me since I'm still not done with SMT V and I'm not sure I want to put it on hold, even for Silksong, so that'll cause me some internal conflict. But if I start playing Silksong I probably won't want to double up with something else

"Luckily" I think this just means the Nvidia leak has the right month and Silksong will be a February release, so we'll be getting a release date trailer today (hopefully)

A shadowdrop would actually be a mixed bag for me since I'm still not done with SMT V and I'm not sure I want to put it on hold, even for Silksong, so that'll cause me some internal conflict. But if I start playing Silksong I probably won't want to double up with something else

"Luckily" I think this just means the Nvidia leak has the right month and Silksong will be a February release, so we'll be getting a release date trailer today (hopefully)
That Nvidia leak was crazy, we went from all of that leak is bullshit, to a huge chunk of 2022 releases being leaked.

If this is true, you guys don’t even know how much this means to me. I have literally never been more excited for anything in my life. If you hear faint screaming during the trailer that’s probably me from far away.

I would love for it to be true but i'm not getting my hopes up, and honestly, i would prefer for it to be shadowdropped during a direct.
Well at least i would know what to play until Triangle Strategy comes out.

Please shadowdrop, please shadowdrop! Will this be the last time my hopes and expectations rise up waiting for silksong?

One day we will be right when we predict Silksong for an event

But today was not that day (weeps silently into the abyss)

Back
Top Bottom