• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Hideo Kojima's Snatcher turns 34 - Kojima tweets about it

Are you a SNATCHER?

• A what now?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Hehehe, how could you guess? *opens mouth and blasts lazers*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, of course not!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a JUNKER

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • My Neo Kobe pizza! It sank just like the rest of this city's gonna!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Sumio Mondo

Lynchian
Pronouns
He/Him
It would go on to influence the likes of Goichi Suda (Suda51) to enter the games industry. It the first game that Silent Hill & Gravity Rush creator Keiichiro Toyama worked on at Konami as a graphic designer for the SEGA CD version of the game (the pixel art is beautiful in this version of the game) and an early example of Akira Yamaoka's work as a composer/arranger at Konami (PC Engine version & SEGA CD versions).

It was Kojima's second game after the original Metal Gear as Writer/Director.

It's also one of the most expensive games to buy on the internet. And features some of the best pixel art in video games. Anyone else like this game?

Snatcher-GIF.gif
iu

1e8fc67aec768e4554ea9e5f755c9ee7.gif
iu

iu
iu

tumblr_m83xn1UGS81rb85xmo1_r1_500.gif
b51eb1cd1a7ea6d008b0c49eb5dfb2bf.gif
0000e7f96134fbd9ea78cca6986be247.gif
tumblr_n6h4dmfhoY1tbqxcro1_500.gif

1365594760795.gif

Last edited:
genuinely baffled that M2 didn't add the SEGA CD port to the Genesis Mini 2, they were able to work with Konami to add the Turbografx CD version (untranslated) to the TG-16 Mini. Even though it quite literally caused the age rating for the system to jump up to Mature. (surprisingly the just as gruesome Splatterhouse wasn't an issue, as a Namco Museum collection on Switch was able to get away with a Teen rating despite including the uncensored arcade version.)

I wish Snatcher was a good as its visuals. The writing is some of Kojima's worst, and thats saying a lot (a great localization can't make up for the absolute mess of a plot). Its not total garbage of course, some of the meta moments are still fun, and as one of the earlier Japanese adventure games to make it west, its fame and influence is understandable, but its wild how Kojima's limits as a writer, and a lot of his tricks, were played out in his first game with a substantial narrative.

Hopefully the SCD version can some day find it's way on to NSO. Unlikely I know (due to content) but here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom