• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Harvestella (farming simulation RPG from Square Enix) announced for Switch and Steam, out November 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the look of this. Like if Rune Factory went Xenoblade. Not sure I'll be in the mood for another big RPG at this time but I'll definitely watchlist it if it gets a good reception

I'm glad Square has not given up on this mid-tier stuff despite all the bombas they've had so far, this one looks interesting.

This looks great. Always been interested in these types of games, and one with a Square Enix theme can definitely get me into one.

Rune Factory by way of Square huh? Well color me really intrigued.

Couldn't come out at a worse time but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. Love me some life sim/dungeon crawling hybrids

Please don't get mad at me. Gameplay may not be up to par so it remains to be seen, but all I was thinking during the trailer is "oh it's a good looking Rune Factory, I may try this out"

I haven't played an RF or an RGP farming sim since the DS days.

Is this Tokyo RPG Factory by any chance?
If it is they've seemingly upped their game considerably. But being a Tokyo RPG Factory game might be one of the few things that'll make me sour on the game (pre-release, at least)

Please don't get mad at me. Gameplay may not be up to par so it remains to be seen, but all I was thinking during the trailer is "oh it's a good looking Rune Factory, I may try this out"

I haven't played an RF or an RGP farming sim since the DS days.
This is basically "what if Rune Factory had a budget"

Rune Factory 5 with Square Enix flair and frame rates above 10. Very interested and will be keeping an eye out

It's really pretty, wow. Might have to keep my eye on this one.

Very interested in this game. I love the Rune Factory series so any games like them sounds right up my alley.

This looks great, Rune Factory might finally have a legitimate contender in the fantasy farming sim genre; definitely keeping my eyes on this one.

I appreciate they announced this right after I finished another excellent fantasy farming sim, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, so that I could be properly hyped for it

This subgenre is just really addicting and looking forward to seeing how far Square can take it with an actual budget

Oh hm there are multiple towns? That's kinda a new thing for the genre, at least the ones I've seen

This actually looks like there's a full-ass classic JRPG here along with the sim elements. Hopefully there's still a good balance there though

I will 100% buy this and DQ Treasures if they have co-op, but sadly doesn't look like either will.

. . . might get them both anyway, if they have a good sale sometime.

This looks AMAZING! Highlight of the Direct for me, RF5 is potentially my GOTY so i'm probably going to love this.

Honestly the scope of this is already beyond what I was expecting. It sounds like a lot of fun.
There's a relationship meter with 10 nodes on it, and that's just one character

This game looks like it could be pretty meaty

Aaaaawesome looking game, both in style and gameplay.

Will keep an eye on it for sure. Was really impressed.

I am liking Squares brining all their stuff to steam definitely going steam as i am sure the deck should be able to run this.
Yeah don't think Square's games typically have trouble with Proton so this'll likely be a Deck purchase for me as well. Depends on sales though, since I probably won't be getting this at launch (too many games! Though honestly this looks really impressive and may end up getting impulse bought on launch anyways)

There is just something off about this game haha. Maybe it is just me but it feels somewhat empty like it has a little bit of everything but not enough of some things.

Time will tell but I'm very interested.

Sometimes the farming looks like the main point of the game, then in other parts of the trailer it looks like a normal rpg with a story and the farming is just a side thing, i can’t tell which it is

I’m super down for this. Took ‘em too long to chase Rune Factory but I’m here for it. The character designs look like they’re by whoever does the Bravely games, while the UI elements looked like something out of Tokyo RPG Factory. Definitely interested to know more.

So happy to see Square giving Nintendo as much support as they are right now. Three games were featured in this Direct alone!

When the rich kid copies your homework. Looks really fun, but I wish RF had a budget like this too.

Poor Marvelous can't catch a break, first Stardew Valley completely outclassed HM/SoS, now they're coming for Rune Factory.

I'm not complaining, as I love the genre and Marvelous' output is very inconsistent in quality.

P.S. they really really need to have gay marriage in this game otherwise I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom