• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Halo Infinite - Hype Thread

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Pronouns
He/Him
I just need this to make my migration feel complete.

I am postivively HYPED for Halo Infinite, and the Technical Previews have been fantastic.

Also noticed a lack of Xbox talk in general here, but I game on Nintendo, PlayStation, and Xbox. It’s all one big happy fami to me.

Steelbook preordered. Going in mostly blind aside from a few 4K videos I've watched of the tech preview multiplayer matches.

No idea where the story is going and that has kept my interest and hype pretty high.

There's a steelbook edition? Where?
Not that it matters to me since I have a Series S, but still, I didn't know one existed.
Got mine through Best Buy.

6429556_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

If I had the cash I would 100% have bought the Infinite XSX, I think it looks so cool.

I was planning on playing / buying the game but the performance wasn't decent here (mostly because of my graphics card) so I dunno if I'll be there day one anymore. Same with Horizon 5, don't think I'll be able to get a stable 60fps running.

The games look beautiful though.

Played the technical preview and I’m hyped! Some of the most fun I had in a Halo game in a long while.

I've never played through a Halo game. This might be my first one. I'm very interested in its open-world design.

I don't have an Xbox and my PC is probably not powerful enough to run the game so I can't be fully on the hype train, but Infinite definitely has my attention. Hope it turns out well as someone who was a big fan of the series in the 2000s.

I missed the preview, got a Series S the day after the last one finished. Will there be another one?

The previews have been so much fun. Legit hours of laughing my ass off with friends on Halo makes me feel like I'm in high school again.

I hope we can get OT's for big games outside of nintendo. Halo infinite is a huge one for me. Well obviously it takes someone who wants to make one and how many people are actually interested.

Anyway can't wait for it to come out. The developers show a lot of confidence and the technical preview showed A LOT of promise.

I’ve never been. Huge on multiplayer games in general, but have always loved Halo.

The skill gap with each game just hits and widens so quickly, I’ve never been able to keep up much longer than a month or so after launch of each game.

But I’ve loved every single campaign. Even 4 and 5 in all of their quirks, I still love.

I can’t wait to see what they’re doing with Infinite.

Was a cool stream. They seem to be going big. The game feels great to play I have a feeling it will get a lot of people addicted to the gunplay.

I want 2021 to be the year of the biggest comebacks in gaming history, back to back rise of Metroid and Halo.

I think we’re well on our way to both really blowing up (again for Halo, and you could say for the first time for Metroid).

I hope the showing is more exciting than the demo from last year.
call me unrealistic, but I still hope they can come close to the slipspace engine trailer

In some ways I feel they surpassed it with the MP visuals, but other ways they haven’t.

gonna be controversial and say that the world design doesn't look particularly interesting
Hope the just held back on showing most of the game. I was kind of worried about spoilers but this seemed rather light on what it showed of the game.

I thought it looked great though! The streaming screwed with the quality a bit but looks miles better now.

I'm curious how hard this will lean on being a live service game, and how complete it will be at launch

hope they keep that to the multiplayer for the most part

That looks fantastic, especially the 4k upload. Using the grapple to throw explosives, whip to points and jack vehicles is going to be really fun. The way they're handling the story is a fun way of rebooting without actually rebooting too, interested how and when the cast from 5 turn up. Really the only part turning me off is the ubi style go these enemy camps design to open world exploration but I'm going to guess most of that is optional and that the world gives you a massive canvas to mainline through and just dip into the side stuff as and when you like. I was surprised to see thrusters! I think I assumed that had been stripped back.

gonna be controversial and say that the world design doesn't look particularly interesting
I believe they wanted to show the early areas so we all can make the easy comparisons to some stuff last year.

First open areas in Halo tend to be a bit basic overall. I'm feeling pretty good about this one for some reason.

Grappling everything will never get old!

Looks fantastic. This still seams like a thin vertical slice out of the campaign, with what amounts to, maybe, the first area they will set us loose in.

I literally just beat Halo 5 yesterday so I’m ready for this.

That being said the campaign trailer didn’t really make sense to me story wise as an actual continuation after Halo 5. I’m like we went from Dr Halsey telling Chief “what took you so long?!?” to uh what exactly? I’m hoping the game fills in what trailer didn’t.

I wouldn't consider myself a major halo fan or anything, but after seeing how much work they have put into this over the last year, how solid the beta multiplayer looked, and then this new campaign video... Well hot damn, I'm actually Hyped for a new Halo game for the first time since Halo 3.

That said the main Brute bad guy does seem incredibly uninspired to me (though I could say that about most of Halo's storylines, its always been about the gameplay first)

If they had just managed to release this game a couple months earlier, I would almost guarantee it would win Game of the Year (however I can't be too upset as this gives Metroid Dread a fighting chance baby! haha)

Back
Top Bottom