• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News GTA (3) Trilogy Announced for Everything; 2021 (2022 for Mobile)

Not showing anything but coming out this year doesn't bode well with me, but I'm hoping for the best.

Mostly curious about what the "gameplay enhancements are"

They should have remake GTA III and Vice City with visual improvements like Mafia 1 this year and next year release San Andreas.

GTA PS2 Trilogy is the most important trilogy of that generatio so it deserves a premium treatment IMO.

Hope this is a sign that finally GTAV is coming to Switch/mobile next year, one can dreamed right?

They should have remake GTA III and Vice City with visual improvements like Mafia 1 this year and next year release San Andreas.

GTA PS2 Trilogy is the most important trilogy of that generatio so it deserves a premium treatment IMO.

Hope this is a sign that finally GTAV is coming to Switch/mobile next year, one can dreamed right?
Kotaku rumor said if this Trilogy remaster becomes successful (it'll definitely will be, it's GTA fgs) Rockstar will be considering more remasters. Kotaku mentioned Red Dead Redemption to be next in line but I assume they'll remaster other PS2 and PS3 titles too. After RDR1, they could take on GTA4 and Max Payne 3 but I doubt they'll ever go back to GTA5 port for Switch.

Boxed Release for Last Gen/Switch, Current Gen in 2022

Was this shared here? Looks like Switch, PS4 and Xbone will be getting physical copies of the game in early December, with PS5 and X|S getting it sometime in 2022.

Will probably wait for a boxed release if they’re all on the cartridge. If not, I’ll go digital.
About where I am too. Article doesn't mention all three games will be on cartridge, but also they're three PS2 games. On PC the three games combined are about 6.8GB, but go figure if this remaster blows up the file size then it probably will be a cheap cartridge for GTA3 and then separate downloads for VC and SA

I remember working in games retail at the time these came out and selling shitloads of all three of them. Finally I'll be able to see what all the fuss was about!!!

Was this shared here? Looks like Switch, PS4 and Xbone will be getting physical copies of the game in early December, with PS5 and X|S getting it sometime in 2022.
Good to hear its getting a physical copy, but I'm not sure I want to drop $80+ (CAD) on it. Will probably wait for a price drop.

Back on the Playstation, I played through GTA 3 and Vice City. After beating Vice City, I was so burned out I didn't play San Andreas. Is it worth playing?

$60 is steep (if that's the real price), but since it's actually getting a physical release, I'm okay with that.

So this could potentially be Nintendo’s big holiday release. Could they give space to rockstar and push this game for switch? I’m really curious how this game will sell for switch. I really hope this port turns our well. I’m sure it will as rockstar is putting their name and brand behind it. This is going to be a really telling time for if gamers want GTA on Nintendo consoles.

So this could potentially be Nintendo’s big holiday release. Could they give space to rockstar and push this game for switch? I’m really curious how this game will sell for switch. I really hope this port turns our well. I’m sure it will as rockstar is putting their name and brand behind it. This is going to be a really telling time for if gamers want GTA on Nintendo consoles.
Pokemon will still be their own holiday game. but I don't think they will have any December game

Never understood people who want to play those games again. They aged bad-bad imho, even from a plot point of view. GTAV did everything better.
I just want to be lost again in San Andreas. The mysteries of the forest, the silence of the barren land under the pouring rain... I guess it's mostly nostalgia. Didn't like 5.

considering there will be gameplay changes, how they played before wouldn't be applicable here
I agree. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. If they change up the shooting, for example, to a more modern feel, these could be some fantastic releases. I'm pretty excited for the reveal of these to see what's changed in the gameplay.

It's weird (and scummy) that the old versions are being delisted since these will have big changes supposedly.

Regards,
Sir Muffington The 3rd

Back
Top Bottom