• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News GTA (3) Trilogy Announced for Everything; 2021 (2022 for Mobile)

I'm mildly interested in this but I really wish there was a physical release. That would have been a Day One purchase for me.

I'm interested in the new look of these, but I think I'm more interested in the gameplay changes. Are they changing the shooting, driving, that kind of stuff? What about those RC missions in Vice City? I'm pretty easy to please and I'd probably just buy enhanced ports, but I'm pretty excited to see what they've done.

I hope this runs great on the Switch. I know they are really old games, but since they were ported to Unreal… who knows!

I will definitely pick these up on Switch if the ports are decent, tho. I played GTA III to death back in the day, but never played enough of Vice City or San Andreas, and I would love to change that!

I haven't played these at all so I'm excited for them to come to the switch. I feel like November I'm gonna be playing the classics.... Ocarina, KOTOR, and one of these!

I'm one of the like 3 people that have never played GTA. How many hours of content does this trilogy have lol.

Honestly all I need now for Switch from third party is the Lara Craft TombRaider games.

To repost here from the ERA thread, I am excited.

PrbFmGG.jpg

Pretty exciting to have mainline GTA games on a Nintendo console. Will definitely pick these up day 1 for Switch.

San Andreas on a Nintendo console, let alone a portable is kinda crazy. Really hope they deliver in terms of quality and performance of these Remasters.

Still remember SA refusing to load on my PC all those years ago. Hyped to finally play it in a working state on Switch!

Someone actually said that "because it's coming to Switch, they aren't expecting much"....as if this game isn't confirmed for Mobile devices too. smh

Someone actually said that "because it's coming to Switch, they aren't expecting much"....as if this game isn't confirmed for Mobile devices too. smh
I dunno mayne, have you seen some of them mobile games? there are some I legit question if they can run on switch (because the CPU, not gpu).

Switch was released four and a half years ago. A funny number of mobile phones are indeed more powerful at this point. That being said, depending on the improvements, there shouldn't be much of a problem. The only important improvements are the gameplay and QoL ones anyway. We'll be fine.

Again, how are these games and why should I buy them… assuming switch port is good?

they probably hold up. but this port will see some changes to the controls and whatnot, so just wait and see
But are the games good? I would buy just to support. I want these games to hit a mill on switch. We have to show rockstar there is a market for this on Nintendo platforms.

But are the games good? I would buy just to support. I want these games to hit a mill on switch. We have to show rockstar there is a market for this on Nintendo platforms.
all of them, I guess. they all have different flavors, but Vice City and San Andreas are both considered classics.

I wouldn't be too worried about sales. this hitting a million on switch alone is something I'd put money on

all of them, I guess. they all have different flavors, but Vice City and San Andreas are both considered classics.

I wouldn't be too worried about sales. this hitting a million on switch alone is something I'd put money on
Yeah I don’t know. We will see. Hopefully people support. It’s been a long time coming.

Edit: another thing is we have seen this before. A switch version of a big AAA game gets announce and 1 of 2 things happen. It gets a crazy long delay or it’s missing a big feature that makes it significantly inferior. I hate to be negative but it wouldn’t surprise me.

To repost here from the ERA thread, I am excited.

PrbFmGG.jpg
Man, I want Vanillaware's games on my Switch so bad, they're the only reason why my Vita isn't stored in my portable chest yet. I still think it was a massive mistake that Atlus didn't have Vanillaware prepare a Switch version of Dragon's Crown Pro when it released since there was nothing like it available during those early days, now there are plenty of loot-based multiplayer games on the system.

Anyway back on topic, I'm down with playing this trilogy on the Switch since I missed out on these back in the day.

Edit: another thing is we have seen this before. A switch version of a big AAA game gets announce and 1 of 2 things happen. It gets a crazy long delay or it’s missing a big feature that makes it significantly inferior. I hate to be negative but it wouldn’t surprise me.
Well I mean, hey, I'd bet anything that if this does get a cartridge-based release, only one of the games will be on there, and the other two will require a download.

Yeah I don’t know. We will see. Hopefully people support. It’s been a long time coming.

I think you're overthinking this game

I've only played a bit of San Andreas and always wanted to try the other two, so this is most likely a day 1 for me. Play three GTA games on the go? This is going to sell really well.

Back
Top Bottom