• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News GTA (3) Trilogy Announced for Everything; 2021 (2022 for Mobile)

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight
note: it's 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, not 1,2,&3

Rockstar’s collection promises “across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements” for all three games, “while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals.”

finally official, coming to everything, including mobile (but in 2022)

"GTA Trilogy Announced for Everything"

:LOL:

I'm actually quite excited to replay these games on Switch.

No release date or price and it is coming out this year?

We are in October after all lol

Just a few questions: How will be the performance in Switch? Music will be good? And finally, they are not cloud games, right? 😄

This thing is going to sell like crazy on Switch
Tell me about it. The kids at my work constantly ask "mister, does this have GTA?" whenever I give them hospital's Switch to them. There's definitely a thirst for GTA on Switch.

If there is a physical cartridge or it isn't cloud based, I will probably get it on Switch. Otherwise I'll get it on PS5.

I learned about the announcement from reading the Era thread about the original versions being removed from stores. I was like "wait, the new versions haven't even been announced yet".

And there's the bullshit.

Ugh, it's bad enough that Nintendo tried to do this shit. I wonder what this means for the PC version especially, since the older versions of these games don't have Rockstar's Club Launcher garbage.

I played the hell out of San Andreas, but have never played 3 or Vice City. Looking forward to this and following the damn train again.

I've never actually played the games (well apart from running around a bit at friend's after they turned on all the cheats) so I might look into getting this.

I’m interested, but I have to know about the music first. If the Vice City soundtrack is gutted, then it kind of kills the experience.

Finally GTA on Switch o:
Gonna be interesting to see how much it sells

Called it on my E3 bingo card, only took four months

vindication-justice.gif

It's funny. Many of the big third party games that GameCube missed out on are all coming to Switch.

Devil May Cry (1-3)
Onimusha
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 12
Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas
Kingdom Hearts (Cloud)

Switch just needs the Konami PS2 games and we're all set. (MGS2, MGS3, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3)

This thing is going to sell like crazy on Switch

"But wait, I'll just get it on my Steam deck" /s
It will, and I am definitely buying it on PS4 and Switch! Hopefully there is a free next gen upgrade.

It's funny. Many of the big third party games that GameCube missed out on are all coming to Switch.

Devil May Cry (1-3)
Onimusha
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 12
Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas

Switch just needs the Konami PS2 games and we're all set. (MGS2, MGS3, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3)
Where's the rest of Onimusha? Do it Capcom, you cowards!

There's still a lot missing as well, but that would be a start.

The reveal was very lackluster.

I assume there are no screenshots?

This is the first mainline GTA on a Nintendo console since GTA2 on the Game Boy/Game Boy Color, I guess?

Quoted by: pld
Big news GTA coming to Switch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trilogy become best selling on Switch platform (counting that doesnt have GTAV and has biggest install base).

The reveal was very lackluster.

I assume there are no screenshots?

This is the first mainline GTA on a Nintendo console since GTA2 on the Game Boy/Game Boy Color, I guess?
The first mainline GTA on a Nintendo console, the 3rd GTA game on a handheld (I believe).

Why am I excited about this? I shouldn't be excited about this. Some important questions still need to be answered though: 1) How much will it cost? 2) Will there be a physical version on Switch?

I could never get into this series, but I'm glad there will finally be a mainline console GTA on a Nintendo platform.

Doubting between switch or series x, the games are old so they should run really well on the switch, but since they are moving then to unreal engine not sure what to expect, the recent sonic colours port still lingers in my memory.

"Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition"

That name really just roles off the tongue, doesn't it?

A 3D GTA game on a Nintendo “home” console…. What a time to be alive! I’m not a fan of the series. I have no idea if these games are good. If gameplay actually looks decent then I will purchase just as a thank you to rockstar and Nintendo making this happen. This could literally be a one off so people should support and make the switch versions a million seller.

Back
Top Bottom