• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Good Vibes Gaming: PlayStation's Japanese Talent Has Moved On

Are you actually confused as to why multimillion sellers are getting ports prioritized over niche games? Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to see these games on Switch but I think you're vastly overestimating how much they have to gain from such ports
Okay then, why don't they bring their big games to Switch then? :p Feasibility within reason.

Slight correction. [..]

Oh, thanks. I was initially confused because I just looked for the EXE published titles and couldn't find RPG Time on there for some reason, but I thought it was just a regional hiccup, since the PC version wasn't available in Europe for a while.

I agree

Sony winded down their studio, basically; some opted to try an indipendent route, others have been take in by the biggest and healthiest Japanese development studio, that was looking to increase its workforce
Yeah and given the studios portfolio they fit in with pretty decently with Nintendo. If I'm not mistaken some of them worked on Splatoon 3 already.

Seriously. Sony's cool with PC ports of their biggest games (whether years late doesn't matter), but putting their small niche JP games on Switch is too risky or some unfathomable thing?

Aniplex could and should act as the 3rd-party arm of SIE to publish their unwanted JP stuff on Switch where it (IMO inevitably) will find an audience. XSEED also can do the western/NA retail publishing if need be as they've done Sony stuff before (some Wild Arms stuff and Brave Story).

Limited Run actually tweeted last week or so about getting PS1 emulation working on Switch (woah), and asked what folks want to see, naturally I and numerous others asked for Sony's 1st-party lot. :p

Edit: Here:

Back
Top Bottom