• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Alanah Pearce - Nintendo Direct date is June 29th (corroborated by NateDrake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems kind of eye-rolling to me that all of a sudden everyone of course knew it was on the 29th, but what do I know I guess.
no one want to out first. that's why when rumors are out we will likely see much confirmation. like Star Fox racing thing XD

@NateDrake i know it’s probably waiting for actuslly direct announcement, but with MVG going dark due to relocating, could we expect a prediction episode earlier than normal? Just enjoy the pod so want to make sure we can have one in this topic.

@NateDrake i know it’s probably waiting for actuslly direct announcement, but with MVG going dark due to relocating, could we expect a prediction episode earlier than normal? Just enjoy the pod so want to make sure we can have one in this topic.
We'll record early and I'll wait until the day is closer to release it. May release a week early.

The Direct being at the end of the month is good actually because it gives me two extra weeks of blind optimism that Sega will finally start bringing Yakuza games to Switch so I can buy them all a 4th/in some cases 5th time

And then when it doesn’t happen I’ll have Sunbreak the day after to get my mind off of it

The Direct being at the end of the month is good actually because it gives me two extra weeks of blind optimism that Sega will finally start bringing Yakuza games to Switch so I can buy them all a 4th/in some cases 5th time

And then when it doesn’t happen I’ll have Sunbreak the day after to get my mind off of it
It’s good that it’s at the end of the month cause I can actually play my backlog!

Apparently I signed in at a good time when we finally get some concrete rumours.

Go fukken figure Nintendo will wait until the last moment for a Direct like I would submit a university essay with minutes before the deadline knowing it'll get a C+ at best 🙃

But thank you Nate for sharing what you've known here

I'm still holding onto hope that Twilight Princess HD/Wind Waker HD get announced for Switch at this event. That being said I did set up my Wii U again, prepared both of these games and picked up a used Wii U Pro controller just in case. I'll likely just go back and play the Wii U versions (have not played those versions before) if Nintendo doesn't announce these in the Direct for Switch. I figured with BOTW 2 coming next year it would be even less likely to see these titles in 2023.

Sony knows about it, Microsoft has deals for Persona 5 and Silksong?

I dunno. It's also pretty much 5 months before November.

There isn't a true accountant in existence, doesn't say this. It's, like, a cosmic edict or something.

Usually they also said that up until they got into accounting. The universe is a cruel jokester.
(To be fair I’m just after a bookkeeping certification to get a quiet job at the financial part of a government(state) branch. I need something stable and quiet. Live in park attendant would be fine too)

Seems kind of eye-rolling to me that all of a sudden everyone of course knew it was on the 29th, but what do I know I guess.

dont do this. if they are wrong, they're wrong, it happens. directing your frustration to people who have a proven track record accomplishes nothing but driving people who actually are in a position to know something, away. Then we're left with insane speculation while being totally in the dark

dont do this. if they are wrong, they're wrong, it happens. directing your frustration to people who have a proven track record accomplishes nothing but driving people who actually are in a position to know something, away. Then we're left with insane speculation while being totally in the dark

Well, I didn't mean to project frustration or real derision, just kind of... eye-brow raising. I know it's a sensitive topic.

Whenever the next Direct is, it would be nice if the date got announced soon just to remove any uncertainty (watch there be no June Direct at all after saying this)

clearly they're waiting for Three Hopes to come out so they can shamelessly advertise their next Fire Emblem game, like Echoes of the Binding Blade or something. Look, it's not a complete Direct experience if I don't disappoint myself for a Fire Emblem announcement, please understand.

But that's fine, honestly. If the Direct is the 29th, it'd be nice if they communicated that there'll be a direct late this month before fans go in meltdown mode, but what you can you do? And there's sense in keeping everything away from the bulk of announcements happening this week.

I kind of think they could announce a new mainline Fire Emblem before Three Hopes releases regardless. Shadows of Valentia and FE Switch were both announced a week or so after the original Fire Emblem Warriors near the start of 2017.

Also I don't think we've talked before so hi. :)

Also to give Alanah more credence, she is the one who confirmed back in January 2020 when everyone was stir crazy for a direct that it would randomly drop without an announcement and we ended up with the direct mini

Assuming June 29th is correct. And going by standard "times" for when directs start.... That would technically make it around midnight/June29th for Japan. Wouldn't you want to show off your Holiday lineup BEFORE the investor meeting? Not hours after?

Also the events in the order of "announce direct - have Investor meeting - show direct" seems kinda sus to me.

Assuming June 29th is correct. And going by standard "times" for when directs start.... That would technically make it around midnight/June29th for Japan. Wouldn't you want to show off your Holiday lineup BEFORE the investor meeting? Not hours after?

Also the events in the order of "announce direct - have Investor meeting - show direct" seems kinda sus to me.
Btw on September 16 2020 they actually ended a meeting announcing a Partner Showcase that would air on September 17 so I guess it's not a problem for them. Maybe it's even a way to hype the investors :p like "btw be sure to check the upcoming Direct ;)"

Announcement on the last page:

For starters, Nintendo simply doesn't plan things based on investor meetings, with the potential exception of not wanting events to actually overlap. But more specifically in this case, the meeting coming up is not an earnings release where they get relevant questions from institutional investors. This is the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders where anyone with even 1 share can show up (or call in, I guess) and ask the stupidest questions imaginable. This is not something with any strategic concern behind it for what they're going to say to people.

I think people are putting way too much stock in these investor meetings. Have you seen the type of questions they ask? One guy was confused why the discussion was about video games. Nintendo really don't need to plan around these events.

I think people are putting way too much stock in these investor meetings. Have you seen the type of questions they ask? One guy was confused why the discussion was about video games. Nintendo really don't need to plan around these events.
I think people are also vastly overstate how dumb some of the questions can be on the other end. While there are some really head scratching ones overall investor meetings have pretty informative & standard fair questions

Interesting. Wonder why.

Well, as much as I personally like to hang on the lock every Tuesday/Wednesday and get silly about it, at the end of the day, I appreciate knowing a solid date.

(Even if it's far away.. )

Well damn.

So...does that mean this Direct will potentially have mainline Persona games and a brand new mainline FE game announced? That alone is bloody ridiculous. I don't want to get my hopes up lol.

Well damn.

So...does that mean this Direct will potentially have mainline Persona games and a brand new mainline FE game announced? That alone is bloody ridiculous. I don't want to get my hopes up lol.
I'm leaning towards mainline Persona getting announced before the Direct, whenever it is that Microsoft's weird announcement exclusivity (apparently actually a thing) runs out

Man, I'm away that entire week with little to no chance to be able to watch this stuff - So that kinda sucks...

If this turns out to be true which seems likely, she looked super confident about the date, It'll be the first time I miss a direct since.. 2013 or so I believe.

It's always a game of chicken in which a number of people know the info and just wait and wait and wait and don't want to be the first to actually disclose anything, but when the gate finally opens they feel comfortable corroborating each other.

The thing is, that looks to a lot of people like piggybacking, when it's more not wanting to be in the crosshairs that comes with breaking info. Not to say it's never piggybacking, but you've got to look at who is saying what, and if that person is more reputable than not.

The 29th is subsequently the date that all Subway's worldwide will be closed forever.

bAtF8FV.png

signed the anti-Subway gang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom