• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Alanah Pearce - Nintendo Direct date is June 29th (corroborated by NateDrake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate would deny the date if it wasn't true. We can lock it in.

That's very different to announcing new game/console announcements and release dates which is actually the only thing investors care about. As a result, most companies basically never announce new products immediately after they have their shareholder meeting.
Either way I’m tired of hearing abojt shareholders. They’ve done it in the past and they won’t have issue doing a direct the day after.

I just kind of imagine Nate sitting in this massive living room in this very expensive chair in front of a very expensive looking fireplace holding a cup of tea and just grinning as everyone is going nuts over when Nintendo might have their next Direct.

June 29th because Nintendo forgot to do a Direct until Miyamoto saw us all posting about it so now they're cobbling any old shit together.

If it's after the shareholders meeting, and it's a E3 Direct, what does that mean? The last time, that happened a new MH game was announced.

Either way I’m tired of hearing abojt shareholders. They’ve done it in the past and they won’t have issue doing a direct the day after.

They've never done a Direct in close proximity to their Earnings report, which a lot of people thought this was. This seems to be a different shareholders meeting.

And companies releasing product information before they meet their shareholders rather than after is a thing that happens in every industry. They want the companies future prospects to look the best they can when they meet their shareholders and that's why they are basically never announced immediately after.

Please let it be the 28th anyways despite the 29th being the stated date 🙏 Otherwise I'm either going to have to miss it or figure out a way to wiggle my way out of one day of filming

Please let it be the 28th anyways despite the 29th being the stated date 🙏 Otherwise I'm either going to have to miss it or figure out a way to wiggle my way out of one day of filming
yeah I'm off on the 28th, I don't want to miss the metroid prime 4 re-reveal live

Nice.
Somehow I find this interesting, like wishing the have something special in store for us, something big.
Or it could just be that they don’t have the E3 pressure and decided to be patient and release a direct without a specific deadline.

Lol, Alanah straight up says “lemme check my notes… yep that’s the date”

Then Nate just confirms it, I guess the date was bound to leak at some point

Time for speculation then

This just tells me Nintendo is gonna announced it further ahead of time then usual.

I only see them announcing the Direct further in advance if we have Treehouse Live coming back. If there isn't, though, I see no reason why they won't announce it per usual.

Gamexplain confirmed they also heard June 29th is the date for the Nintendo direct. Just like I said with Persona when you hear so many people say it that’s good enough confirmation for me.

Now the next questions we have to ask ourselves is when do they announce the direct, and how long is it?

I'll say announce it Wednesday the 22nd, and it's going to be estimated at 45 minutes in the tweet.

June 29 falls a week before my birthday so I will consider this a great sign of things to come.

Did Alanah imply she knew what would be in the direct? She said it’s not shitty that she’s leaking what’s in it. I wasn’t sure if she was just being tongue in cheek or knew.

If I had to guess I think she knows of at least one game in there.

Back when E3 was a thing, Nintendo was totally fine sharing the spotlight with everyone else

Now that it's gone, the fuckin' line in the sand has been drawn. Nintendo demands its own week and then some, they aint sharing

Back when E3 was a thing, Nintendo was totally fine sharing the spotlight with everyone else

Now that it's gone, the fuckin' line in the sand has been drawn. Nintendo demands its own week and then some, they aint sharing
Makes you wonder if they have some kind of issue with SGF and don't want to be even remotely associated with it.

Did Alanah imply she knew what would be in the direct? She said it’s not shitty that she’s leaking what’s in it. I wasn’t sure if she was just being tongue in cheek or knew.

If I had to guess I think she knows of at least one game in there.

Did she say in this stream???

Makes you wonder if they have some kind of issue with SGF and don't want to be even remotely associated with it.
Doubt it has anything to do with an issue & more they probably don’t see any real benefit in doing whatever event Keighly has cooked up. The reasons for staying with E3 probably is more to do with legacy & the fact that is where Nintendo meets with many devs/retailers. Since SGF & VGA don’t really have anything like that + other ways of communication make them kinda redundant.

The fact that an official Nintendo account posted that flaming Chibi-Robo still cracks me up. I wanna meet the genius that crafted that image.

This month has more than enough Switch releases, no need for backlogs at all. I'll be busy with Mario Strikers, TMNT, Wreckfest and of course, Shadowrun trilogy.
Damn, I forgot about Wreckfest! Well I'm still in backlog mode lol.

I have not heard about any Treehouse planning. It's beyond my reach.

Have you heard about any of the new game announcements that might be there? Anything that would get us core single player game fans more excited? Games like Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, a new Mario. Stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom