• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News GoldenEye 007 prematurely delisted from German Index

Would this be harder to accomplish then Sora in Smash?

Absolutely. Sora you just have to go through the proper channels at Disney. For this… there’s negotiations with Microsoft/Rare, Nintendo, James Bond license owners Danjaq, and depending on what was in their contracts at the time, it’s entirely possible they have to get permission from the actors to use their likeness again (Pierce Brosnan, Sean Bean, etc.).

So the fact that it seems we’re finally seeing this come to fruition now is no small feat. They’ve tried for a long time.

Surely the control scheme will be updated owing to the fact you don't have to play N64 on NSO with the N64 controller - you can use the joy con in handheld or the Pro Controller. Seems unlikely they wouldn't support the two analogue sticks... are there any other examples where they haven't? I need to test out Turok and Doom 64.

Goldeneye on Switch would be a massive event, and as the third best selling game on N64, it's borderline essential for a N64 Classic - if that ever happens - and is certainly a glaring omission from NSO if it doesn't get added.

The assumption is the original Goldeneye is being planned too, but it could be just the remake - perhaps with an option to play original - as an entirely standalone release outside of NSO. 25th anniversary is next year (scary thought!)

Absolutely. Sora you just have to go through the proper channels at Disney. For this… there’s negotiations with Microsoft/Rare, Nintendo, James Bond license owners Danjaq, and depending on what was in their contracts at the time, it’s entirely possible they have to get permission from the actors to use their likeness again (Pierce Brosnan, Sean Bean, etc.).
All they have to do is get the Bond lincese and it's hard enough. EON is notoriously difficult to work with lending the James bond license hence the lack of merchandise (even Lego failed to get it). Pretty sure it became even harder to convince them after Activision's disaster after disaster of Bond titles. (IO did get it though) Actor contracts usually include limitless use of their likeness with their movie character.

All they have to do is get the Bond lincese and it's hard enough. EON is notoriously difficult to work with lending the James bond license hence the lack of merchandise (even Lego failed to get it). Pretty sure it became even harder to convince them after Activision's disaster after disaster of Bond titles. (IO did get it though) Actor contracts usually include limitless use of their likeness with their movie character.
lego-creator-expert-10262-james-bond-aston-martin-db5-1.jpg

Eh? Pretty sure Lego got the license.

Seems unlikely they wouldn't support the two analogue sticks... are there any other examples where they haven't? I need to test out Turok and Doom 64.
There aren't other examples of emulated N64 games to begin with. I honestly doubt they'll add dual analog controls, though the dual controller trick will likely stay.

I'm always confused with the inclusion of Rare/Microsoft in this picture. Yes, I'm aware Rare developed the game and Microsoft are the current owners of the studio. However, Nintendo at the time was the license holder and gave development duties to Rare. It's been confirmed on multiple occasions that the studio was told to quit development by Nintendo, but ignored said instructions. And if stories are true that the remaster was canned because of Nintendo, this seemingly places both Rare and Microsoft outside of the picture when it comes to an official re-release (of the original at least).
The fact they'd have to go through the current license owner, sure, I fully get behind that. But Rare/Microsoft?

Back
Top Bottom