• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour [Giant Bomb/Mike Minotti] Rumour: The Queen might have delayed September Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.

Moderator edit: Thread title and tag altered to better reflect the source and the nature of the story eg. rumour

Hold up Furukawa my dear boy, it's not going so well with my old bones and I'd like you to delay the direct until I'm better or dead. Thank you!

If this is true, it’ll likely only be a week like it was last time world events directly (heh) delayed a Direct.

She’s not dead yet. She could linger on for days or even weeks. I doubt the claim

SMG_Queen_Bee.png

Oh, so that’s why there’s queen talk.

By the by, This just reminds me how it felt Nintendo didn’t care that Shinzo Abe was assassinated cause they said a lot of it happened

Part of me unironically wonders if corporations are going to hit a breaking point with worldwide events interrupting marketing schedules that they're just gonna stop caring and do it anyway, optics be damned

Don't worry guys the queen isn't so insensitive to die right before a direct, she has the will power to stay alive for at least another 2 weeks. She loves Nintendo.

shes 96, but hope she doesnt die yet, make it to the big 100

Don't worry guys the queen isn't so insensitive to die right before a direct, she has the will power to stay alive for at least another 2 weeks. She loves Nintendo.

shes 96, but hope she doesnt die yet, make it to the big 100
She's always felt a sense of duty.

If she can't have Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD on Switch the NO ONE WILL.

Last delay I can recall happening was in 2018 following that one earthquake in Japan. If this is legit, at least the show hasn't actually been announced...?

The queen hasn't died so find it surprising that they could possibly know this. There's 0 chance that the direct would be delayed next week if she's still alive.

Please no. I can't wait one more week 😭.

Also I mean, she might be dead for days already when the Direct is supposed to happen, or she could still be alive by then, or they delay it a week like before and it just happens she says closer to the event.

"Due to the high gas prices, Nintendo has delayed the F Zero announcement"

Japan wouldn’t care about that neither would the US or most of Europe. More like we found out our sources were bs ing is so we’re covering our bases.

I still expect one this month

The queen hasn't died so find it surprising that they could possibly know this. There's 0 chance that the direct would be delayed next week if she's still alive.
Nintendo has operatives inside Buckingham Palace, I thought it was common knowledge?

For real though, there were materials that leaked earlier in the year regarding the UK govt would deal with her death, alongside her decreased public appearances it's easy to see what's happening

Sounds stupid but it does make sense. If the queen dies this week it’s going to be all everybody talks about for the rest of the month at least. It would drown out all direct-related news

The Royal family is hugely iconic far beyond the UK so if anything does happen its going to dominate the airwaves for a while. It would suck if Nintendo was going to announce a new Switch at this time and are holding off until everything blowing over

Memes aside, when was the last time Nintendo skipped a pre-TGS Direct? I imagine they'd still have to do something for the sake of third parties

If it’s real what a dumb reason. War or earthquakes are obviously justified reasons for a delay. This is an old woman dying from natural causes. Marketing some videogames is not deaftone in this context.
It’s not about sympathy, it’s more that an old woman dying from natural causes who happens to be the longest serving head of state on the planet and head of state for multiple western countries would dominate the news agenda in at least one of Nintendo’s biggest markets and probably several for the next few days and weeks. There’s a practical consideration in terms of a marketing campaign, all manner of commercial activity in multiple industries with a heavy presence in the UK (where Switch is the market leader in the biggest media industry) is likely being re-examined and rescheduled at the moment.

Last edited:
This more likely they rumor was fake and made up a bullshit excuses to cover their ass
The queen passing is going to be one of the major media events of this century so far, whenever it happens. I can see Nintendo thinking it’s not an optimal time to release a Direct; that’s reasonable.

Not surprising if true, It wouldn't be the First Time that a tragedy affects the regular schedule of a Direct. In any case It Will be a 1 week delay at worse, so nothing to be desperate about.

Memes aside, when was the last time Nintendo skipped a pre-TGS Direct? I imagine they'd still have to do something for the sake of third parties
They delayed a September direct a couple years ago but that was because of a really bad earthquake/storm that affected Japan directly. It was delayed just a week anyways.

If it’s real what a dumb reason. War or earthquakes are obviously justified reasons for a delay. This is an old woman dying from natural causes. Marketing some videogames is not deaftone in this context.
Sounds stupid but it does make sense. If the queen dies this week it’s going to be all everybody talks about for the rest of the month at least. It would drown out all direct-related news
Guys i don't think you people understand. Her funeral will shut down so much in the UK lol. Just watch videos of Princess Diana's funeral. This will be magnitudes greater than that. Just because y'all dismiss her as the racist, pedophile protecting woman she is doesn't change the facts of who she is lol.

This will be at the forefront of media/social media for quite a bit .
And yet Disney is having a event today, still think he fucked up on his info
Disney and Nintendo are the same? This just screams as you are biased lol.

Famiboards, I appreciate you for helping me keep up to date with world events.
First I heard of this 😲

Hope she can power thru to reign on a decent while longer 🙏

edit: aw 🙁

Last edited:
Well, I'm gonna expect a week's delay. If we're gonna see one next week, then that's a positive surprise.

Fully understand and share the annoyance. Bloody hell.

Guys i don't think you people understand. Her funeral will shut down so much in the UK lol. Just watch videos of Princess Diana's funeral. This will be magnitudes greater than that. Just because y'all dismiss her as the racist, pedophile protecting woman she is doesn't change the facts of who she is lol.

This will be at the forefront of media/social media for quite a bit .

Disney and Nintendo are the same? This just screams as you are biased lol.
More like stop believing lies of a grift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom