• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News gamescom 2022 Opening Night Live announced for August 23rd, 2 hour live show featuring 30+ games (over)

Its always important to manage your expectations with these events. Expect most games shown to be indie or on the smaller scale. Maybe one or two “big” surprised will show up.

I give the likelyhood of Kojima and or From Software 90% of showing up in some capacity

Not really expecting much excitement, but since it's primetime I will probably watch anyway

One hundred and twenty minutes, this is gonna be another fucking snooze-fest.

Let me guess. Zero Switch games featured. Not only zero reveals but zero new trailers for games that are already announced. With exception of Sonic, of course.

yeah i have extremely low expectations for this. the last several Keighley events have been really underwhelming, specially for people who mostly play on switch.

this is more evident since he went from one show a year to three shows, there's just not that many exciting things to show that many times a year, specially when most publishers prefer to make the announcements on their own terms.

After the travesty that was TGA 2021 and the improved-but-still-not-there SGF 2022 I'm not even bothering watching Keighley presentations from now on. The latter was so boring it was literally painful. If he can't make a show that's an hour or under then count me out.

I expect this to be boring, but the good news is that I'll be leaving for work right around when it starts, so instead of subjecting my girlfriend to it live I can just come home after and skip around to anything we find actually interesting.

2 flipping hours for 30-something games is totally overkill. Most presentations that long tend to be a snooze-fest, so I'm pretty sure that'll skip this one and catch a summary afterwards.

I've watched all his shows so far (apart from the game awards cos they're on at like 2am here) and I've finally learned my lesson... Catch the highlights after

Yeah I gave up on Keighley shows with the last Game Awards, and from the recaps I haven’t missed anything. Will just check the highlights again for this afterward.

Will probably have some good games but Keighley's shows tend to be to long with mediocre pacing. If I'm home and don't have anything better to do I will watch it.

The only amazing thing Geoff has gotten lately is the Elden Ring re-reveal, so I'll only be tuning into this if I'm extremely bored.

Ok, we have at least 1 Switch game reveal. Question is, will there be a second one?
I expect 1 or 2 new announcements coming to Switch AT MOST... but hey, we already know Sonic Frontiers, Hogwarts Legacy and Monkey Island are confirmed to be shown so there's like 5 Switch games - must be a new record for one of Geoff's shows!

Why are the Keighley shows always so conviniently timed I may as well watch them despite knowing there won't be anything to get excited about

Will probably have some good games but Keighley's shows tend to be to long with mediocre pacing. If I'm home and don't have anything better to do I will watch it.
Playing something on your switch > watching one of Keighly's dull shows.

I'm probably in the minority on this forum. :p

I don‘t want to start a digital presentation wars but this is why I like the direct format. You also get 25-30 game announcements, but in just 40 minutes.

I don‘t want to start a digital presentation wars but this is why I like the direct format. You also get 25-30 game announcements, but in just 40 minutes.

rip console wars hello digital presentation wars

I've learnt to never watch anything Keighly-associated live, so I guess I'll catch up on announcements later.

I just happen to be off tomorrow so I’m looking forward to some good announcements. I’ll probably put it on in the background.

What a terrible premiere. Hate these types of announcements. Don’t know what the heck Everywhere even is about. No appeal at all. Also, stop inverting letters in logos.

What a terrible premiere. Hate these types of announcements. Don’t know what the heck Everywhere even is about. No appeal at all. Also, stop inverting letters in logos.

If it was by a well known studio, I could understand having that kind of an announcement. After seeing that, I have no idea what Everywhere is meant to be so I can't wrap my head around it.

"A Dune open-world survival game"

Oh fuck yea-

"By Funcom"

aight imma head out

I thought Everywhere was gonna be facebook's Metaverse premiere for a second

Is anyone else having absolute shit quality on the broadcast?

Any tips on where to watch from?

Is anyone else having absolute shit quality on the broadcast?

Any tips on where to watch from?

Might've un-sold me on Calisto Protocol. Combat looked kinda lame this time around.

Back
Top Bottom