• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

I had a rather dire thought that came to mind. This is just a weird corroboration of ideas and trends.

My random thought is Nintendo being in the process of being acquired by Apple, but more a merger than a full acquisition to get around the Japanese Acquistion company laws. Please hear me out on this crazy idea. I am thinking the merger is in the preplanning stage and only those in charge of both companies know what is going on.

So, Apple is going hard into games, more so than before with Apple Arcade being a big thing still, letting full games, some including games like Shantae 5, and others. Apple doesn't really have a studio to make games internally for Apple Arcade. A lot of high-quality indies are on the platform but there doesn't seem to be a killer app. Nintendo has a great wealth of IPs and with Nintendo Pictures and their own acquisition of an animation studio, Apple can start producing their Nintendo content internally especially with the overwhelming success of the Super Mario Brothers Movie. With the Writers' strike going on and Netflix going into foreign content to get around the strike. Apple having a foothold into content that can be produced with little involvement of US unions, could work well for them.

Nintendo devkits being sent back, Nate doesn't specify what capabilities this devkit had and some are even thinking it might be the T239. There doesn't seem to be word of any new devkits, which is weird for a chip we know a lot about. Even if there is new devkits being made, it would make sense for replacement devkits to have been sent out. Otherwise, I'm not expecting any Switch 2/Pro exclusive games for another 2 years, if lucky. T239 looks to be awesome, from what everyone is saying in this thread, I want this new T239 switch to come out tomorrow, personally.

Nothing major is coming out after Pikmin 4 so far, if there was something then it would be trumpeted or teased before TOTK. Nintendo is putting out updates with their NSO games. We still aren't sure what is exactly going on with Prime 4, especially with positions to work on that game were still up as of 3-4 months ago for some positions that should've already been filled.

Apple's M1/M2/M3 Silicon is rather impressive and games like Resident Evil 8 can run on it without too many issues at least compared to the PS5 and Series X, MetalFX is not as impressive in some cases, but it does show Apple does have an advantage with getting newer nodes before other companies. Apple is rather cash flush right now, rumors of Disney being acquired might come true, but at this moment Disney is floundering in terms of stock price and future prospects. With pulling in Nintendo their gaming workflows with Metal can be further improved with Nintendo's internal studios and development stacks.

I don't actually think any of this will actually happen, but it is weird thought that came to mind.

While i am glad that Nintendo keeping the OLED is still a high possibility and i am disappointed that yet again we have no solid proof of a new switch device being in the works.

Would QLED technology work on a small 7 inch handheld screen or is it more expensive than OLED? I'm honestly still not quite sold on OLED technology because of the fact that preventing screen burn hasn't been figured out yet still, and i'm more than satisfied with my Samsung QLED TV.

That PS5 Mee TU handheld thingie comes with all the tech shenanigans of the Dual Sense?

Boy, i don't see this being any cheap/affordable.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Would QLED technology work on a small 7 inch handheld screen or is it more expensive than OLED? I'm honestly still not quite sold on OLED technology because of the fact that preventing screen burn hasn't been figured out yet still, and i'm more than satisfied with my Samsung QLED TV.

That's tricky…QLED is a marketing term from Samsung for a LCD with Quantum-Dot-Pixels which they tried to sell as a cheaper alternative for OLED, but it is something different. It still has the characteristic backlight of LCDs and not self-illuminating pixels.

QD-OLED is a OLED-Panel from Samsung which works with Quantum-Dots to enhance colors, especially when showing a very bright picture from HDR-content, but it is a real OLED-Panel, so it has the self-illuminating pixels and the deep blacks for higher contrast we all love. If you not go for crazy brightness-levels like modern OLED-TVs do for HDR-content OLEDs are also very efficient technology, which can save battery life on portable devices.

For mere mortals it is really hard to not mix up these two panel types because of the fishy naming scheme from Samsung.

Last edited:
That's tricky…QLED is a marketing term from Samsung for a LCD with Quantum-Dot-Pixels which they tried to sell as a cheaper alternative for OLED, but it is something different. It still has the characteristic backlight of LCDs and not self-illuminating pixels.

QD-OLED is a OLED-Panel from Samsung which works with Quantum-Dots to enhance colors, especially when showing a very bright picture from HDR-content, but it is a real OLED-Panel, so it has the self-illuminating pixels and the deep blacks for higher contrast we all love. If you not go for crazy brightness-levels like modern OLED-TVs do for HDR-content OLEDs are also very efficient technology, which can save battery life on portable devices.

For mere mortals it is really hard to not mix up these two panel types because of the fishy naming scheme from Samsung.

I think you meant to quote a different post? ^^

uhh...LCD screen?
In my personal opinion, I do not believe that Sony will adopt Sharp's LCD.
Although Sharp's LCD was not used in the Switch, Nintendo and Sharp have a long relationship, from Game Boy to 3DS, and I believe that Sharp will supply the LCD for the Switch 2 after seeing the success of the Switch.

Although Sharp's LCD was not used in the Switch, Nintendo and Sharp have a long relationship, from Game Boy to 3DS, and I believe that Sharp will supply the LCD for the Switch 2 after seeing the success of the Switch.
I don't think sharp can outbid for the contract if they have more to lose

Sharp is definitely supplying Switch screens, under the brand name Innolux.

Last edited:

Okay thanks for the clarification. I wasn't quite sure of what exactly QLED was. All i knew was that it provides significantly better image quality than standard LCDs but without the downside of screen burn from OLEDs. I saw it basically as the perfect middleground between LCD and OLED which is why i've had that thought of using that technology for a handheld if OLED turns out to be too expensive, as QLED TVs tend to be a little cheaper than comparable OLED TVs.

thought of using that technology for a handheld if OLED turns out to be too expensive, as QLED TVs tend to be a little cheaper than comparable OLED TVs.

It's a good technology, Samsung just sells it in a fishy way to make people believe it is a subtype of OLED, especially when they later launch a real OLED named QD-OLED. I have LG-Displays with Quantum Dots on my desk for gaming and working from home and they just sell it as "IPS with Quantum Dots". I'm very satisfied with my Displays as you are with your TV, especially brightness and color accuracy are top notch for a gaming-oriented IPS-Display.

I'm actually one of the 3 people who really liked the Wii U. It was my most played console of last gen.
Because I'm quite young and quite broke, the Wii U is actually straight up my most played console in my entire (short) life.

They used Sharp with the Vita

That PS5 Mee TU handheld thingie comes with all the tech shenanigans of the Dual Sense?

Boy, i don't see this being any cheap/affordable.

Who thought this was a good idea?
That’s the current discussion. If it costs more than $149.99, it’d be too expensive. People are even saying it’s better to buy a phone controller accessory and stream via mobile device. If this ends up costing over $200, they should market it as an accesory

Sharp is definitely supplying Switch screens, under the brand name Innolux.

So there’s a chance the possible Sharp display the Switch 2 has is OLED?

They used Sharp with the Vita
And Sharp has worked with Sony before. They’re a supplier, they’re not gonna exclusively focus on a single client.

I mean, the Dualsense Edge costs $199.99. I legit don't see Sony pricing a custom DualSense controller + Screen + Battery + Whatever hardware inside thus thing for less than that. IMO it will be $299 - $349 and i'm leaning for the latter.

I mean, the Dualsense Edge costs $199.99. I legit don't see Sony pricing a custom DualSense controller + Screen + Battery + Whatever hardware inside thus thing for less than that. IMO it will be $299 - $349 and i'm leaning for the latter.
That’s basically a console 🥴

For exactly that, you can get anything from the Switch family of consoles: Lite, OG or OLED

That’s basically a console 🥴

For exactly that, you can get anything from the Switch family of consoles: Lite, OG or OLED
Logitech G Cloud is also >$300. It's an low-volume accessory, aimed at a niche of consumers. They have no need to subsidize this like with their consoles. They will want their premium brand pricing + fat margins.

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_.jpg

This thread whenever a game is slated for Fall 2023.

I support it though

I'd massively question funcles attention span if they somehow managed to mistake whatever ReDraketed will be with this thing.
To be honest, the Funcles I met in real live couldn't tell you the difference of Nintendo or Sony in regards of Gaming. They were good in getting stuff assembled, but they barely interested for the brand, only the single parts. But these Funcles were also from the Generation who potentially could worked already on assembling Gameboys and there was definitely a language barrier. I am sure there are enough Funcles who are quite aware about the Social media big game.

That chart is about Sony surveying people regarding what they think of the "general momentum of a brand". It's basically entirely subjective, probably highly skewed towards PS owners and practically worthless outside of making an impressive chart to toss into a Business Segment Meeting slideshow.
Be as it may, I find it funny coming from Sony who axed their own IPs in favor of leaning too much on 3rd parties and Western developers. Whether one sees it as a practical decision or not, I just want to imagine a world where Jumping Flash on the PSVR2 was at least in testing or how Ape Escape would've fared if a non-PS Move game hit the PS3. Heck, Legend of Dragoon Remake wouldn't be a bad idea either.

It's just WEIRD Sony fingerwagging Nintendo about brand momentum when Nintendo's been giving treatment to things like Fire Emblem, Pikmin and Advance Wars while Sony's most notable exclusive for this year may arguably be a 3rd party franchise that graced the world on Nintendo's console if not the comic book character whose licensed games used to be platform agnostic. I mean if they wanna talk about brand momentum, there's receipts for what happened with their own.

But hey, best of luck pushing Remote Play in what appears to be an attempt to eat Nintendo' Switch's lunch boys.

To be honest, the Funcles I met in real live couldn't tell you the difference of Nintendo or Sony in regards of Gaming. They were good in getting stuff assembled, but they barely interested for the brand, only the single parts. But these Funcles were also from the Generation who potentially could worked already on assembling Gameboys and there was definitely a language barrier. I am sure there are enough Funcles who are quite aware about the Social media big game.
I'd massively question funcles attention span if they somehow managed to mistake whatever ReDraketed will be with this thing.
If I’m not mistaken, the funcle mistook the OLED as a new model before until they found out it’s a new model, despite the thing being out for several months. They just didn’t know at the time until they were informed.

So…. lol, lmao, ctfu, rofl even.

If I’m right I.. well, I don’t know what I’d do but I just know I’d be right in that case.

Edit: or that was a completely different funcle

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken, the funcle mistook the OLED as a new model before until they found out it’s a new model, despite the thing being out for several months. They just didn’t know at the time until they were informed.

So…. lol, lmao, ctfu, rofl even.

If I’m right I.. well, I don’t know what I’d do but I just know I’d be right in that case.

Edit: or that was a compliment difference funcle

I think this would perfectly describe you in case you were right:

iKuBtpa.png

;]

Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023 Q4 2023

eren-yeager.gif

just a crumb please just a tiny little crumb so i know this actually exists i need a new commit or a new leak or something please

Honestly I am banking it all on Nintendo now these days. Only console maker that makes me excited for gaming anymore. Sony burned their last bridge with me so I'm out. Hand the easy win to Nintendo boys.

That last showcase was just an utter misfire and the investment charts of what Sony is now investing in (60% live service, 40% Traditional) and the fact they want to make 12 live services, wasting immense talent from multiple studios to dive in making soulless, predatory, cringe, utterly devoid of what made their brand in the first place just make me incredibly depressed thinking that this what they want to focus on under the leadership of Jim Ryan.

It's like if Nintendo decided to invest heavily in live service and instead of games like TOTK or Super Mario Odyssey or Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, etc you had Metroid Hero Shooter FPS with Battle Pass, Seasons, had Mario Kart with MTX for new characters and Karts (like Tour but you paid $70 and only got six characters and 12 courses), Legend of Zelda but Gacha and so much talent being utterly wasted on propping up ideas and games like that.

Just being able to play a game like Tears or Metroid Dread or Super Mario Odyssey and being able to play a VIDEO GAME, completely, utterly, pay once and just...play a game, get lost in a game, be able to escape without being preyed upon incessantly...it's sad that is meant to be refreshing. I know there are countless indie titles that I greatly appreciate for this as well but to think of how gaming used to be and what it's become now is just something I've never been able to accept or get over. I miss the good old days badly...and I'm only 24. I cherish the fact I got to grow up when gaming was exciting left, right and centre all the time and new horizons were around every corner each year. Should've cherished it more to be honest.

Nintendo can come out with anything, even remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess has more soul behind it than some of the shit I was seeing and will continue to see this gaming season of reveals and trailers.

Drop Metroid Prime 4 and I will pledge my allegiance to the Nintendo Ninja's themselves.

Everyone made it too easy to make Tears my GOTY so far. So much passion behind it, it drips from the console itself. Also one of the best Gannondorf fights, I was grinning ear to ear.

Oh and obligatory #Team2023. The apocalypse could happen and I'd still keep the faith Nintendo would release it rather than let it be lost to the apocalypse forever.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a disagreement about the word mandatory? I read that and think "Every game has to install, because it is mandatory." But if a fraction of games require it for technical reasons? OK, fine. Already games can require SD cards or other specific accessories.

Yeah, I probably should have been clearer there, I don't expect every game to have to install, I'm sure there are games which would run fine off game cards. I was using the phrase mandatory install to distinguish it from optional installs, where players would have the option of installing, but could still run off the game card. So I suppose sometimes mandatory installs instead of always mandatory installs?

The norm is not "good". They WON'T go down WELL with anyone. That's different to being rejected. I don't think they'd be rejected but let's not pretend we live in some fairy world where they would be liked.

It's not ABOUT the function of the technology itself, it's about market appeal. There is fundamental appeal in the plug and play nature of the Game Card. Disregarding a feature that actively sets them apart from the industry is, from a marketing perspective, asinine.

That growth isn't even accurate. We don't live in a world with low cost, 3GB/second storage. UFS 4.0 exists but LOW COST is what's relevant here. 3DS to Switch, we regards internal memory speeds, is not a clear or representative comparison. You might as well look at how the Nintendo Switch was thirty times more powerful and project a 15 teraflop Switch 2.

If we look at low cost options available, low cost as in 32GB of eMMC in 2017, you're getting hundreds of megabytes per second, not thousands.

The faster CPU, the dedicated FDE, these are things where "slow and efficient" benefit. More is better, sure, but once you're saturating the FDE what's the point? Nintendo Switch is limited by loading that saturates its CPU. If we consider that Game Cards in fact reach a speed closer to 100 than 50, I mean just compare the loading speed between a 100mb/s MicroSD Card and a Game Card, that would imply, by your logic, a growth to nearly 300mb/s. Meanwhile, the internal storage is likely stuck far below 1GB/s unless they intend to eat costs. Something they don't tend to do.

When the delta is, maybe not negligeble, but certainly not quite as bad as what you're portraying it as, when the FDE is surely optimised for the lowest common denominator, when going beyond saturation of it and the CPU bear no benefit, in what world does Nintendo, in their market position benefit from forced installs? It does not appear to be OUR world.

We can agree to disagree on how it would be received, although personally I don't think it would move the needle in terms of sales.

On the hardware side, though, I think you're simultaneously overestimating Nintendo's desire to cut costs on storage, and underestimating the technological improvement across the full range of mobile storage solutions, not just the high end.

Firstly, contrary to many assumptions (including my own), the storage Nintendo used in the original Switch wasn't cheap, entry level hardware. Quite the opposite, in fact, as without UFS support on TX1, the 300MB/s eMMC was the fastest embedded storage Nintendo had available to them.

Notebookcheck has a database going back around 10 years of smartphone benchmarks which is quite wide-ranging in its coverage, and a handy search tool which is useful for comparing things like this. If you search for storage read speeds and sort by age, you can look back to around the time Switch launched. At that time eMMC accounted for about 80% of the market with UFS the other 20%, and 300MB/s wasn't by any means the slowest. You'll see plenty of entry-level phones with sub-150MB/s speeds, so there were definitely cheaper options available for Nintendo.

While Nintendo doesn't always go for the highest performance with parts, that doesn't mean they always go for the lowest cost. In the case of Switch's eMMC, they weren't able to leverage the additional performance due to CPU limitations, but it's possible that the faster part also had other benefits they were more interested in, like better durability or lower power consumption. We know that in Switch models from 2019 onwards they made a similar decision when they changed to more expensive LPDDR4X RAM without using the higher clock speeds, presumably for a combination of power efficiency and long-term availability.

If we look at modern devices, we see a change to around 80% UFS and only 20% eMMC. Purely from a long-term availability point of view, they may have to go with UFS just to make sure parts remain available over the console's life. If they want more than 128GB of internal storage, then eMMC already looks like it's ruled out.

From a power consumption standpoint, we have good reason to believe Nintendo paid extra for LPDDR4X in post-2019 Switch models largely for the power savings, and the design of T239 strongly indicates they were willing to spend extra for a wide-and-slow GPU architecture for the sake of power efficiency. On the storage side, UFS 3.1 is substaintially more power efficient than UFS 2.1, drawing around 700mW less, despite operating at 2x the speed. A 700mW power saving is a lot in a device like the Switch, perhaps around 10% of portable power draw. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Nintendo may pay a small amount extra for UFS 3.1 even if they don't feel the need for the additional performance, just because it's more efficient.

On performance and cost, here's a mid-range phone launched at around the same time as the Switch, with 32GB of eMMC running at 270MB/s, so the same or a very similar part to what Nintendo used. It cost €350 at the time, which accounting for inflation is around €450 now. Here's a phone released a year ago for €450 with 128GB of UFS 3.1 capable of 1.9GB/s. Furthermore, costs of UFS have dropped by almost 50% in the year since then. Based on BoM reports and price trends, the cost of a 128GB UFS 3.1 module should have dropped to around $10 by now, likely not much more expensive than Nintendo paid for 32GB of eMMC back when Switch launched.

Finally, I don't think there's any reason to believe the FDE itself would be a limiting factor. It was designed specifically for Nintendo, and in fact as far as we can tell it's the only hardware on the SoC designed specifically for Nintendo, so it would have been designed to accommodate Nintendo's requirements. For whatever storage speed Nintendo intended on using, they would have made sure that the FDE Nvidia designs is capable of decompressing data at at least that rate. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's significantly over-specced for Nintendo's requirements, just on the basis of how simple and efficient ASICs are for things like this, and the likelihood that it will share a clock with other components like the GPU.

Technically Wii had one, though not published by Nintendo. Theoretically they could ALLOW it for some games where the Game Card doesn't make the game possible (rather than merely providing a diminished experience).

To be clear, this is what I'm arguing for. Games that require higher storage speeds than the games cards can provide (eg major third party titles, new Zelda, etc.) have to be installed. Games which don't require them can be played directly off the game card.

Yeah, Playstation simply became the gateway and standard to the entire industry through pure effort. They supported devs early on in the PSX era and even listened to them in order to make the console extremely easy to program for, the opposite of Nintendo which made a mess of a console with a massive storage bottleneck for everything. The brand is ridiculously powerful and rightfully so, they earned it in every generation except the PS3 (where they even steered the ship and beat the Xbox 360 by a small margin) and nowadays, they've never had such a strong 1st party portfolio that the entire world is salivating upon right now, literally. IMO the brand has never been this great, although I do miss Nintendo's direct competition in their space, they still offer unique stuff that might as well run on potatoes unfortunately.
You are right, in terms of brand strength they've never been stronger. Personally in terms of my view on their current portfolio, tbh I don't really gel with Sony's focus on 3rd person action adventures with RPG elements that they've had going since the PS4. The PS5 seems to have doubled down on that, although I liked Demon's Souls, Astrobot, Sackboy and GT7 (except for MTX) though. I wish they published more smaller, experimental titles like they did on the PSX, PS2 and even a bit on PS3 though, but the whole industry is heading that way sadly. The race for resolution/scale has impacted all the major developers.

It looks like a random tablet and a PS5 controller poorly stick together with Ultrahand.
I think they did that on purpose since it'll have the comfort of the DualSense while also not deviating too much from their already existing manufacturing processes.

Y’all it’s not that bad. It’s a dedicated streaming device for home - 99% of the time I play Switch it’s at home. I’ll eventually look to have a solution like this for Series X. Not sure if I can just use a backbone + iPhone?

Missed opportunity with it not being OLED. Any chance this is the Sharp LCD product that was hinted at?
This won't be OLED, nor will Switch 2. Feel free to screenshot this post and roast me if it doesn't come true 🤣

You are right, in terms of brand strength they've never been stronger. Personally in terms of my view on their current portfolio, tbh I don't really gel with Sony's focus on 3rd person action adventures with RPG elements that they've had going since the PS4. The PS5 seems to have doubled down on that, although I liked Demon's Souls, Astrobot, Sackboy and GT7 (except for MTX) though. I wish they published more smaller, experimental titles like they did on the PSX, PS2 and even a bit on PS3 though, but the whole industry is heading that way sadly. The race for resolution/scale has impacted all the major developers.
You’re in luck since SIE wants to cover “every major genre.” What they consider a “major genre” & how that even pans out with software is a ymmv scenario.

Honestly I am banking it all on Nintendo now these days. Only console maker that makes me excited for gaming anymore. Sony burned their last bridge with me so I'm out. Hand the easy win to Nintendo boys.

That last showcase was just an utter misfire and the investment charts of what Sony is now investing in (60% live service, 40% Traditional) and the fact they want to make 12 live services, wasting immense talent from multiple studios to dive in making soulless, predatory, cringe, utterly devoid of what made their brand in the first place just make me incredibly depressed thinking that this what they want to focus on under the leadership of Jim Ryan.

It's like if Nintendo decided to invest heavily in live service and instead of games like TOTK or Super Mario Odyssey or Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, etc you had Metroid Hero Shooter FPS with Battle Pass, Seasons, had Mario Kart with MTX for new characters and Karts (like Tour but you paid $70 and only got six characters and 12 courses), Legend of Zelda but Gacha and so much talent being utterly wasted on propping up ideas and games like that.

Just being able to play a game like Tears or Metroid Dread or Super Mario Odyssey and being able to play a VIDEO GAME, completely, utterly, pay once and just...play a game, get lost in a game, be able to escape without being preyed upon incessantly...it's sad that is meant to be refreshing. I know there are countless indie titles that I greatly appreciate for this as well but to think of how gaming used to be and what it's become now is just something I've never been able to accept or get over. I miss the good old days badly...and I'm only 24. I cherish the fact I got to grow up when gaming was exciting left, right and centre all the time and new horizons were around every corner each year. Should've cherished it more to be honest.

Nintendo can come out with anything, even remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess has more soul behind it than some of the shit I was seeing and will continue to see this gaming season of reveals and trailers.

Drop Metroid Prime 4 and I will pledge my allegiance to the Nintendo Ninja's themselves.

Everyone made it too easy to make Tears my GOTY so far. So much passion behind it, it drips from the console itself. Also one of the best Gannondorf fights, I was grinning ear to ear.

Oh and obligatory #Team2023. The apocalypse could happen and I'd still keep the faith Nintendo would release it rather than let it be lost to the apocalypse forever.
giving you a copy of amiibo festival so you know nintendo is capable of putting out soulless garbage

I'm not sure i buy this. Most normal people just see Switch as another console that has a different approach (hybrid). Only hardcore gamers care about the handheld / home console dichotomies or pidgeonholing products into numbered generations on wikipedia.
What do you mean? I agree most people just buy Switch since "I can play some Mario Kart and Smash on the go, cool!" and don't really thing or delve much further beyond that. But Switch appeals to multiple groups of people, I also know a lot of people who wanted a handheld at the time, and that happened to be the one available at the time. My brother for example uses his Switch as a portable FIFA machine, even though he could use his phone to stream from his Playstation lol.

Since Switch is a mass appeal product, that's part of the challenge in creating their new console, they don't wanna rock the boat too much and want to maximise appeal to those same groups to migrate as many as possible.

You’re in luck since SIE wants to cover “every major genre.” What they consider a “major genre” & how that even pans out with software is a ymmv scenario.
Nah what they'll probably do is say Horizon covers RPG since it has RPG elements, also neglecting the fact that JRPG and WRPG may as well be 2 different genres with how different they are. Something like Xenoblade is on another planet to something like Fallout (and I like both!).

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom