• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

I've done comparisons on a 27" screen with native 1080p vs 1080p in dlss performance mode, and basically at a glance you can tell it's more blurry in performance mode, and I think you're underestimating the difference between the two.

Of course if you have the GPU overhead use Balanced or Quality or DLAA mode, but honestly unless Nintendo is making a 27 inch screen mode of the Switch, 540p to 1080p DLSS (Performance Mode) will be used mostly on undocked games on a 8-inch screen. I do test full screen 27 inch (even have tried it on my main 65 inch OLED TV for shits n' giggles) 1080p Performance just for fun, because it's an extreme stress test for the image quality that the Switch 2 likely won't often have to use, going from a 27 inch screen to 8 inch massively hides a ton of image flaws.

Put the game in windowed mode and you'll probably get a screen size of about 10-inches (still larger than 8 inches) but you can sort of roughly approximate a Switch 2, at that size, it does basically become a "this looks more than good enough".

Especially when we're talking about the modern state of portables, DLSS 1080p performance mode is much, much nicer than current Switch games running at a literal 504-540p resolution (that's blurry) or even Steam Deck and ROG Ally with FSR on really low resolutions brings back memories of the PS2 or PS1 image quality with all the jaggyness at those lower base resolutions.

DLSS Perf compared to that is a godsend.

The other thing I've been playing with is Frame Generation (AMD) actually does work with DLSS and even does work with 30 fps games. Ghosts of Tsushima PC lets you use DLSS upscaling but FSR3 for Frame Gen ... everyone's gonna have an opinion on this one, but it definitely does increase the frame rate feel and if it's a game that isn't using a mouse I find it actually .... works OK going from 30 fps to near 60 fps.

For a game like say a potential port of FF7 Rebirth on the Switch 2 ... y'know what, I would say using DLSS + AMD Frame Generation combined to offer an optional "60 fps" mode wouldn't be the worst idea if its possible. The FF games are not exactly fast twitch FPS shooters using a mouse.

Last edited:
Of course if you have the GPU overhead use Balanced or Quality or DLAA mode, but honestly unless Nintendo is making a 27 inch screen mode of the Switch, 540p to 1080p DLSS (Performance Mode) will be used mostly on undocked games on a 8-inch screen.

Put the game in windowed mode and you'll probably get a screen size of about 10-inches (still larger than 8 inches) but you can sort of roughly approximate a Switch 2, at that size, it does basically become a "this looks more than good enough".

Especially when we're talking about the modern state of portables, DLSS 1080p performance mode is much, much nicer than current Switch games running at a literal 504-540p resolution (that's blurry) or even Steam Deck and ROG Ally with FSR on really low resolutions brings back memories of the PS2 or PS1 image quality with all the jaggyness at those lower base resolutions.

DLSS Perf compared to that is a godsend.
Yes, I said that once the effects of the 1080p performance mode are ported to an 8" screen, its loss will be completely negligible, but we need to reconsider docking mode, and I think that 900p upgraded to a balanced mode at 1440p is the most reasonable tradeoff.

I probably should have just made the FSR Frame Gen + DLSS combined thing a different post, but yeah I've been playing around with FSR3 Frame Generation on my laptop, my feeling on it is this

- It does actually work from as low as 28-30 FPS. There's a definite increase in "smoothness" of a game even from a base frame rate that low. In my case I was able to go from the low 30s to near 60 fps in Starfield and Ghosts of Tsushima PC. On Ghosts I'm actually using DLSS image upscaling and FSR3 frame generation as that game lets you use both at the same time.

- The input lag feels considerably less when playing with a controller (so basically any console), of course people are going to have vastly different opinions on this one. I found that 3rd person games (which is like the majority of games) work better, first person shooters with mouse input I felt a little bit of the "woozy" effect of like something isn't quite right.

But I think honestly this could be an interesting option for developers too, like I said above an option to use this for say 60 fps mode in like a Final Fantasy game on Switch 2 I think if its possible would be something I think a lot of people would be happy with.

I kind of feel like this should be talked about more in relation to Switch 2.

My question to you is whether you have tested your hypothesis using pc?I can say unequivocally that once the difference between the rendering resolution and the output resolution is too large, the final rendering will be very unstable and blurry, which completely outweighs the benefits.
I don't play on PC, so, no, but it's not like we've not seen tests posted here about scaling factor. Even 240p-> HD is workable, albeit blurry. This is also a console environment where developers have much finer control over these things. If image stability becomes a major problem due to a widening gap, I'd expect they'd do the smart thing and close that gap a little, making up the final step to 4K with a spacial scaler.

I also think you're slightly underestimating the tensor and raster performance on hand by a little bit. It IS a console designed "for 4K" in the abstract sense, it's reasonable to expect it will have optimisations for that, like other 4K consoles.

Also let's not forget that a lot of first party games on switch use a resolution of 600p on portable mode, I think it's basically safe to presume that Nintendo will be using balanced as well as quality modes as the top priority for rendering resolution on switch2.

Performance mode is more or less the default in DLSS for a reason and it's quite good at its job. I don't see any reason to expect DLAA to dominate over proper performance enhancing DLSS scale factors.

When you have so much performance on the table by using DLSS to its maximum, and that means Ultra Performance 360 and 720p in handheld and TV mode respectively, one expects developers to use it.

Performance mode is more or less the default in DLSS for a reason and it's quite good at its job. I don't see any reason to expect DLAA to dominate over proper performance enhancing DLSS scale factors.

When you have so much performance on the table by using DLSS to its maximum, and that means Ultra Performance 360 and 720p in handheld and TV mode respectively, one expects developers to use it.
We don't need to look at the default modes of dlss, we only need to look at the resolutions that Nintendo generally uses on the switch to predict what most of the rendering resolutions of the switch2 will be, and the truth is that portable 600p, and docked mode 900p are the regular resolutions for most first party games, which is basically a good rendering resolution for the balanced modes.

I don't play on PC, so, no, but it's not like we've not seen tests posted here about scaling factor. Even 240p-> HD is workable, albeit blurry. This is also a console environment where developers have much finer control over these things. If image stability becomes a major problem due to a widening gap, I'd expect they'd do the smart thing and close that gap a little, making up the final step to 4K with a spacial scaler.

I also think you're slightly underestimating the tensor and raster performance on hand by a little bit. It IS a console designed "for 4K" in the abstract sense, it's reasonable to expect it will have optimisations for that, like other 4K consoles.
240p-UHD (4k) isn't just blurry anymore, a lot of flickering will completely destabilize the image, even the 720p-4k upgrade will result in an overall blurry image, I really don't know why performance mode is considered a "very good" choiceon an 8" screen it can cover up a lot of image loss, but once in docking mode, the 1440p's performance mode exposes a lot of problems, the most direct comparison is that it has overall image blurring compared to a native 1440p, so balanced and quality modes should be the first choice for docking modes.

I'll continue testing the dlss effect on some games tomorrow, and if the same image blurring in performance mode as in death stranding exists, I'll be outright against the idea of using performance mode in docking mode.

My question to you is whether you have tested your hypothesis using pc?I can say unequivocally that once the difference between the rendering resolution and the output resolution is too large, the final rendering will be very unstable and blurry, which completely outweighs the benefits.
Could be a difference in games or our eyes for detail, but I can rarely tell a difference from Quality to Performance, and 4K Ultra Performance still looks really good (1 2 3 4). Once you're doing something like 1/16 of the original resolution, then I think it crosses over to pretty noticeable.

Of course motion can be different, though usually if it's a game with problems with something like trails or ghosting, that will be true even at higher modes.

Could be a difference in games or our eyes for detail, but I can rarely tell a difference from Quality to Performance, and 4K Ultra Performance still looks really good (1 2 3 4). Once you're doing something like 1/16 of the original resolution, then I think it crosses over to pretty noticeable.

Of course motion can be different, though usually if it's a game with problems with something like trails or ghosting, that will be true even at higher modes.
You've sent me this example before, but what I'm trying to say is that we can't discuss dlss ignoring games that are realism, in fact it's the tests I've done so far that have concluded that realism games have blurry graphics as well as artifacts in performance mode, and I really don't think that's a good result.(Mainly games released around 2020.)

Last edited:
FYI - Installing the latest drivers do not update the DLSS dlls in each game. Those have to be swapped out manually, hence DLSS Swapper basically makes keeping track of DLSS versions per game that much easier.
DLSS Swapper is a god send.
I wish ESO would update its DLSS / FSR features. It handles both but... doesn't says what version its using.
EDIT : Well that will teach me, ESO apparently uses DLSS 3.7 now.

Technically the Switch 2's RAM bandwidth will be significantly lower than the PS4's, but tiled rendering (and maybe lower latency) will thoroughly mitigate this.

You're right, for some reason I thought the PS4''s was much lower than it actually was. But yeah, the difference is about 70% so tiled rendering should help close the gap (maybe even eliminate it?).
Also it will be weaker than the Xbox One X in several ways but I'm sure you meant baseline consoles.

Yeah I meant the base versions.

You've sent me this example before, but what I'm trying to say is that we can't discuss dlss ignoring games that are realism, in fact it's the tests I've done so far that have concluded that realism games have blurry graphics as well as artifacts in performance mode, and I really don't think that's a good result.(Mainly games released around 2020.)
Skyrim ain't exactly Wind Waker. But I started up Death Stranding to get some comparison shots of various modes. Not ready to show all that yet, but for now I'll say: I still think 720->4K looks pretty good overall, but there are certain effects that seem pretty bad. Like in these images, it seems like foreground stuff is decent, but background out-of-focus stuff is being rendered at extra low resolutions and that's not being scaled up in the same way, creating a bigger quality gap than intended. At least that's what I suspect, these are from cutscenes and I haven't tried different settings with them.

1 2 3

Also what would be the comparison between the Iphone 15 Pro and Switch 2?

iPhone 15 Pro is below the Steam Deck based on the ports so far. It also has ~6.5 GB of uRAM available to the game and it also struggles to hit a 30fps lock at all times. It’s passively cooled and going by the reports the SoC TDP is around 4.5W.

So the Switch 2 in handheld mode is going to be above the Steam Deck (my expectations), which would be a considerable gap. and has more RAM.

This gives me slight hope for RE coming to Switch 2.
Have some hope 😂, my goodness I’m reading such despair in various threads (also w.r.t. Wilds) about capcom and Nintendo at times.
Here I am hoping for more Capcom games to Apple devices and then reading about Capcom not going for ports for the Switch 2 (hyperbole). I can’t imagine how important the next Nintendo console is for capcom.

4D chess though.

That mentality is hilarious.
I can see the portable being the series s equivalent of NG Xbox hardware.

Base hardware 550$
Portable device 450$

I'm curios how Xbox and Sony will tackle the pricing for their NG hardware, since costs hasn't been reducing.
Since it's been a problem in recent years for hardware sales and margin.

Here's a good thread talking about pricing when it comes to consoles.

It's one of the reasons i believe we'll get a 400$ priced Switch 2, since Nintendo will smartly make some things of the Switch 2, be lesser of quality to reduce costs, that's why a LCD screen and 256GB were bound to happen, but thankfully Nintendo will instead invest money on Important features, like using state of the art Ram and hopefully 4 TSMC for battery, which would make sense, since it's pretty much a better 5nm node.

Yea I’ll be shocked if the Switch 2 is less than $399. I expect the Switch OLED to get a price drop and to be sold alongside the Switch 2 for 2-3 years while the other two skus get discontinued.

Also PS5 pro is going to be expensive

Also what would be the comparison between the Iphone 15 Pro and Switch 2?
there's been comparison between a iPhone 15 Pro and the OG Switch from Digital Foundry. A Switch 2 will very likely outperform the iPhone 15 Pro at least by a decent bit.

The iPhone 15 Pro suffers from lack of internal active cooling. As well as the device isn't made to support gaming as its primary feature.

Last edited:
Yea I’ll be shocked if the Switch 2 is less than $399. I expect the Switch OLED to get a price drop and to be sold alongside the Switch 2 for 2-3 years while the other two skus get discontinued.

Also PS5 pro is going to be expensive
I think the base Switch will be 250$, meanwhile the oled will be 300$.

I'm mostly curios about the switch lite, since it took a lot of effort to make it 200$, i'm guessing 150$ for the sake of it.

But the Switch 2 at 400$ is the sweet spot, only because big Nintendo games will be 70$ going forward.

Fond memories of Splatoon 2 in the middle of nowhere. Camping by the beach across the bay from the nearest populated area, just enough signal for a solid connection to play a few matches. Ahh. The Switch has been such a magical device for my lifestyle.
You gotta do what you gotta do. I used to use my hotspot to login into Warframe to get the daily rewards. The area I go through was always spotty regardless of what connection I tried.

Not sure if this has been asked, but do you think Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater will be able to run on Switch 2? It'll be available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (PS4 (Pro) not listed) and runs on Unreal Engine 5.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been asked, but do you think Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater will potentially be on Switch 2? It'll be available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (PS4 (Pro) not listed) and runs on Unreal Engine 5.
Nothing has been confirmed for Switch 2 but there's a lot of potentials, and Switch 2 itself isn't announced.
I don't think you'll find an answer you want, outside of everything that isn't locked down and exclusive to Sony/MS is a probable release for Switch 2.

Not sure if this has been asked, but do you think Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater will potentially be on Switch 2? It'll be available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC (PS4 (Pro) not listed) and runs on Unreal Engine 5.

If it's on Series S, I say yes. The game has already been on Nintendo platforms, Kojima and people more loyal to accepting a Sony money hat also aren't around in Konami anymore either. Like everyone else I think they're not allowed to announce Switch 2 content at Nintendo's request.

Technically the Switch 2's RAM bandwidth will be significantly lower than the PS4's, but tiled rendering (and maybe lower latency) will thoroughly mitigate this.

Also it will be weaker than the Xbox One X in several ways but I'm sure you meant baseline consoles.
As you brought up, there's more than just a single aspect to look at when it involves other aspects. PS4 used the expensive immediate mode, drawing the entire frame at once, where as Switch 1 + 2 use tiled rendering, reducing the overall memory bandwidth. But as far as I'm aware, tiled rendering in general still used RAM, much like the implementation MS used for the Xbox 360, as 10MB of eDRAM was not enough to hold full multiple buffers used in the rendering process from start to finish. What the Tegra X1 (and the T239 by extension) do is improve tiled rendering by holding those tiles in cache, thereby reducing memory bandwidth even more. So even with 120GB/s, there's the tiled rendering in cache, the architectural advancement of Ampere vs GCN 2.0, etc.

I can see the portable being the series s equivalent of NG Xbox hardware.

Base hardware 550$
Portable device 450$

I'm curios how Xbox and Sony will tackle the pricing for their NG hardware, since costs hasn't been reducing.
Since it's been a problem in recent years for hardware sales and margin.

Here's a good thread talking about pricing when it comes to consoles.

If we have reached these costs, it is possible that people will not buy the new Consoles for the following reasons:

1) Overpriced.

2) No exclusivity.

3) Microscopic graphic leap.

4) 8K and raytracing are not enough to advertise your new console.

5) They play the same games as previous consoles.

6) Previous consoles would be more attractive, thanks to their low price compared to new ones
It's one of the reasons i believe we'll get a 400$ priced Switch 2, since Nintendo will smartly make some things of the Switch 2, be lesser of quality to reduce costs, that's why a LCD screen and 256GB were bound to happen, but thankfully Nintendo will instead invest money on Important features, like using state of the art Ram and hopefully 4 TSMC for battery, which would make sense, since it's pretty much a better 5nm node.
I wonder if Nintendo will aim to save money with Switch 3, which focuses on energy efficiency rather than focusing on performance, with a more modern architecture, like the Nintendo DS.

Nothing has been confirmed for Switch 2 but there's a lot of potentials, and Switch 2 itself isn't announced.
I don't think you'll find an answer you want, outside of everything that isn't locked down and exclusive to Sony/MS is a probable release for Switch 2.
I just edited my post because I think I worded that wrong on my end. I was curious regarding if Switch 2 potentially would be able to run it (with what we currently know about the specs)

New firmware update!

Doubt it contains anything interesting, but it has removed Twitter functionality and social media friend suggestions.

With social media friend suggestions gone, I have to wonder what their approach will be next generation. Friend codes with no other option would certainly be fine for a user like me, but for the broader userbase that sounds bleak.

New firmware update!

Doubt it contains anything interesting, but it has removed Twitter functionality and social media friend suggestions.

With social media friend suggestions gone, I have to wonder what their approach will be next generation. Friend codes with no other option would certainly be fine for a user like me, but for the broader userbase that sounds bleak.
There's sadly not anything quite like twitter out there now. I think they will lean more heavily on facebook and reimporting your existing contacts (they already let you do this for 3DS and Wii U friends to Switch) and maybe turn their NSO app into a way to tag friends you meet irl

I also wouldn't rule out they come to some sort of agreement with Xitter and integration is back in for Switch 2, but that's very unlikely.
Perfect time to bring back Miiverse!

There's sadly not anything quite like twitter out there now. I think they will lean more heavily on facebook and reimporting your existing contacts (they already let you do this for 3DS and Wii U friends to Switch) and maybe turn their NSO app into a way to tag friends you meet irl

I also wouldn't rule out they come to some sort of agreement with Xitter and integration is back in for Switch 2, but that's very unlikely.
Yeah with Facebook integration partially removed and them saying posting to Facebook might be going away too at a later date, I wouldn't expect them to roll this back, ever.

You can already share friend codes and add friends using just the NSO app, even create QR codes and links to add people. It's pretty neat. It's part of why I really don't think a username lookup or such system is necessary, it's so easy to add each other already.

That said I remember in January 2017 when I was promoted to set up a Nintendo Account with a "unique" User ID... Only for them to go back to using Friend Codes. It baffles me that NNID didn't carry over and just get rebranded. Nintendo Network, NNID and NN Premium were right there, NSO felt like a step back in everything, even branding, since the brand is entirely dependent on the console. However that's part of how we can know with such confidence that all their (game playing, online play enabled) hardware going forward will be "Nintendo Switch", their network is NAMED that now.

The Facebook friend suggestions actually appear to have been removed alongside the Twitter ones.

I am really curious what kind of image AC Shadows would be able to get on Switch 2. I’d love if they could get a sharp image going, even if it was 30fps. Game looks great (visually) and I haven’t played an AC since III.

Skyrim ain't exactly Wind Waker. But I started up Death Stranding to get some comparison shots of various modes. Not ready to show all that yet, but for now I'll say: I still think 720->4K looks pretty good overall, but there are certain effects that seem pretty bad. Like in these images, it seems like foreground stuff is decent, but background out-of-focus stuff is being rendered at extra low resolutions and that's not being scaled up in the same way, creating a bigger quality gap than intended. At least that's what I suspect, these are from cutscenes and I haven't tried different settings with them.

1 2 3
You can compare several modes with the native resolution, and you'll notice that the performance mode is a bit blurry compared to the native resolution, which can lead to some missing details in particular.

New firmware update!

The broader userbase is more or less fine with it. Given their deepening relationship with DeNA, I wouldn’t expect them to move off to something different. Perhaps they add in easier ways to access them but with the current state of social media I’m not expecting much unless something drastically shifts the market.

Yes, I said that once the effects of the 1080p performance mode are ported to an 8" screen, its loss will be completely negligible, but we need to reconsider docking mode, and I think that 900p upgraded to a balanced mode at 1440p is the most reasonable tradeoff.

1440p Balanced mode is actually like 837p native or something I believe (lol), but yeah it looks quite nice even on a very large screen.

New firmware update!

Could make a QR code shareable to friends through the NSO app, if the Switch 2 does indeed add a camera.

1440p Balanced mode is actually like 837p native or something I believe (lol), but yeah it looks quite nice even on a very large screen.
What there is every reason to believe is that Nintendo first party won't be downgrading the rendering resolution of the switch2, so the widely available 600p/900p portable vs dock mode rendering resolution on the switch shouldn't change much.

New firmware update!

Any reason why Nintendo is doing this? Is it because of server back-end cost? I heard Sony did the same?

Any reason why Nintendo is doing this? Is it because of server back-end cost? I heard Sony did the same?
They don't want to pay for the Twitter/X API that was pretty much free previous, but Twitter has bleeding money for a while, even before Elon took it over.

Also could be part of a security review after the Google leaks and seeing how much access Meta and X employees could have with a Nintendo Network account.

Probably don't want to pay for the twitter/X API changes. Xbox removed the functionality around this time last year and Sony last November, Nintendo was just the last to change it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but updating DLSS to the new DLL generally doesn't improve visuals, right? You have to change the preset as well. Nvidia doesn't want DLSS upgrades breaking games, it hides model changes behind preset flags. DLSS swapper overrides the preset that games ask for, so that it defaults to whatever the current Nvidia default is, which might not be tested with the game, or appropriate for your settings.
It largely depends on which version of the DLSS dll you're upgrading to. Version 2.5.1 has long been heralded as the golden standard when it comes to image stability/avoid ghosting versus general clarity and sharpness. Most later versions of the dll tried to also fix shimmering and moire patterns to varying success (as sometimes it regressed in terms of the kind of non-ghosted clarity 2.5.1 provided). The latest versions 3.7.1 and newer seem to have addressed the balances of temporal stability and motion clarity with its new "Preset E", which in previous versions went unused.

The current version of DLSS (as of 3.7.10) definitely has better image quality while maintaining better performance in some cases. It used to be presets like Ultra Performance were laughed at considering such low resolutions it was pulling its samples from, but nowadays I'm actually surprised it can turn out quite a descent image with my 3440x1440 (ultrawide) monitor.
Because it's an ✨online game with anti-cheat✨
So does Warframe...and I use DLSS Swapper with it all the time (though I do the swap after it does its launcher file checks).
I wouldn't really say that performance mode works "very well", the more realistic a game is the more performance loss is exposed in performance mode, It will also look more blurry when compared to the native resolution.and Nintendo's first parties are usually upgraded with balance and quality modes due to their excellent mastery of console hardware characteristics.
I play The Witcher 3 with ray-tracing on Ultra Performance, and image quality is generally okay. That said, as I've mentioned, I'm using DLSS Swapper to make sure I'm utilizing the latest DLLs. Bear in mind some features like ray-reconstruction are also driver dependent, so checking to making sure you're driver is up-to-date also helps.
So while it's an unfair judgement of what might be possible with DLSS today, using the swapper isn't necessarily more accurate to what Switch games will look like. Developers may continue to use well tested presets instead of newer ones, even if they seem superficially better to PC gamers who aren't responsible for a massive QA push. And game developers will almost certainly choose to pin in a Nintendo SDK version for development, locking them out of new DLSS versions without heavy upgrade costs.
I don't think Nintendo will just be utilizing a one-and-done version of the DLSS version. Likewise, I could see them implementing a system level update for DLSS versioning, which no doubt will be rigorously tested to see if any newer versions negatively affect older games (they probably would run a suite of tests to make sure it passes scrutiny).

Last edited:
I play The Witcher 3 with ray-tracing on Ultra Performance, and image quality is generally okay. That said, as I've mentioned, I'm using DLSS Swapper to make sure I'm utilizing the latest DLLs. Bear in mind some features like ray-reconstruction are also driver dependent, so checking to making sure you're driver is up-to-date also helps.
I may have been forgetting to mention that I think the "blurrier" is due to a comparison with native 1080p and 1440p, which is actually good enough without comparing it to just the performance mode.

I may have been forgetting to mention that I think the "blurrier" is due to a comparison with native 1080p and 1440p, which is actually good enough without comparing it to just the performance mode.
I've seen numerous videos comparing the older version of the dll's Performance Mode to the newer versions (using The Witcher 3). It definitely has improved a whole lot since 2.5.1 that Performance is actually viable in most cases now.

I've seen numerous videos comparing the older version of the dll's Performance Mode to the newer versions (using The Witcher 3). It definitely has improved a whole lot since 2.5.1 that Performance is actually viable in most cases now.
I don't think there is much point in obsessing over a new version of the dll to discuss this, at least I can definitively say that the dlss performance mode just suffers from an overall fuzzier resolution compared to the native resolution, and I'm not sure why you keep arguing with me about whether or not it's dlss 3.7. there's no relationship whatsoever between the two.

Quoted by: SiG
I don't think there is much point in obsessing over a new version of the dll to discuss this, at least I can definitively say that the dlss performance mode just suffers from an overall fuzzier resolution compared to the native resolution, and I'm not sure why you keep arguing with me about whether or not it's dlss 3.7. there's no relationship whatsoever between the two.
Because as I've mentioned, image quality is one of the things newer versions of DLSS seems to have improved upon, which includes less aforementioned fuzzy artifacts/ghosting.

Performance mode has gotten quite good that I've often mistaken it for Quality mode at first. And yes, I've done a lot of DLSS dll version testing using the swapper.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom