• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Friendly Reminder: Switch Parental Controls App Tracks Your Playtime

Rareware

Like Like
So idk how many of you are aware of this, but the official ‘Switch Parental Controls’ app on iOS and Android will actually keep track of your play time, by day-and-date with monthly summaries! I had forgotten all about this until last weekend when I wanted to see how long I had been playing Tears of the Kingdom.

Setting up is very simple. Just download the app and follow the instructions. You do not have to actually implement any parental controls, passcodes, and such. It’s all completely optional. Just connect it to your Switch and you’re good to go!

One thing to bear in mind is that it’s sadly not retroactive. Meaning it will only show the time you’ve played in games from the moment you connect it. So for example, I’m only seeing my time played for Zelda from Sunday through to today. Nothing from last Friday or Saturday, unfortunately.

So if you’re like me and want a more accurate accounting of how long you’ve been playing your Switch games, highly recommend it!

EDIT: Added a picture so you all can have a visual of how it looks

rmYafPe_d.webp

Last edited:
Yeah, have been using it since last week with Zelda. Too bad it really only works after you set it up but it should have work either way, as shown with MyNintendo japanese app.

Good app. I wish there was a way to set time limits for each profile.

Back
Top Bottom