Outside of story, can confirm all of these bullet points with my time playing the demo.
ACG review for Forspoken. His verdict: wait for a deep, deep sale.
I recommend watching the video, but here’s some stuff he pointed out that are of most interest to me:
- Movement: a little loose and floaty, but it’s nice to zip around
- Combat: mindless due to weak enemy design, others might have fun with playing around with the spells though he thinks it takes too long to build up enough spells to mix and match, the feel of the combat is not as tight as he would have liked, lock on sometimes changes targets just because
- Gear: vague descriptions, minor stat changes that don’t have appreciable effects
- Open world: Cluttered map. Collectibles seem haphazardly plopped onto the world, especially the mana bubbles you need for your skills. Some locales are gorgeous
- Story: terrible, apparently our lead girl stays “a pissy teenager” for the entire game, lots of juvenile swearing, Cuff “is the best example of a character talking a lot without actually saying anything meaningful”, clunky exposition