• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Flashback 2 coming this winter to PC and consoles

I love the original. This trailer looks kind of bad but I imagine the game won't have all those awkward camera angles.

Has “new” Microids even released one good game so far? Besides that ski game (Great Mountain?) which is pretty good but was originally a mobile game not by them afaik, and maybe the Toki remake (which was worse than og game and doesn’t even have online leaderboards) every one of their releases has been a mess, with bloated and overpriced CEs (sold at 80%off within 3/4 months anyway) and messy glitchy buggy mediocre games.

This teaser doesn’t give me confidence either. Too bad because they do hold a number of interesting and cult-status IPs

the title is fairly amusing, considering there was an actual sequel to Flashback under a different name.
1454527-fade-to-black-dos-front-cover.jpg

even if you don't count it because it's a 3D adventure game rather than a cinematic platformer, the GBA was meant to get it's own 2D sequel under the name "Flashback Legends". but it was canned fairly late into development.

(there was also the 2013 remake, but no one really talks about that one.)

ouch

This is sadly not surprising at all. The video uploaded on their french channel showcased terrible gameplay and even a moment where the player is trying to interact with something and goes to the control settings to find why it doesn't work (it's because the prompt isn't showing the correct touch to press).

It's something that is still in the "finished" product.

EDIT :
Wow, Destructoid even got the problem in their review and mentionned that "famous" video.

I would really like to feel bad for Paul Cuisset but his previous games clearly show that there's something wrong either with him and Microids, the studio who released Tintin and then the devs contacted numerous reviewers to warn them that the game wasn't finished and Microids never let them delay it.

That should tell you how terrible Microids is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom