• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes demo out now + new "Awakened Rivals" trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the support options change depending on Shez's gender? I'm trying to get through a Golden Deer playthrough in Three Houses before jumping into Three Hopes. I still haven't decided on which House and which Shez I'll do as my first playthrough.

Finished the prologues for all houses, and the full demo for Blue Lions. Getting more time with the game, and especially with Golden Deer and Black Eagles, has started to make me come around on it significantly.

Despite never playing Crimson Flower in Three Houses, I'm actually thinking of starting with Scarlet Blaze here. The path seems to come with the most fun characters, at least for me, and I'm interested in seeing things from Edelgard's side for once. My beloved Blue Lions are a bit...boring here, honestly. Maybe it's because I didn't hit enough supports, but they're lacking that spice/trauma that made them so interesting in the main game. Dimitri is relatively sane, Felix and him get along, it's all so...sedate, I guess. And without that you're left with a House that probably has the least dynamic personalities (since the original game had the setup where this house of seemingly normal, well-adjusted people were hiding their internal trauma). Again, maybe this is fixed in supports. But even besides that, the House has some pretty lackluster character skills. The most interesting is probably Sylvain's, and he's still probably the least interesting out of the "300+ hit" skills.

This can all change of course depending on what I hear about the main game. I'm still not even entirely sure I'll be getting this game at launch. But it's weird, to me at least, how different my takes on the Houses are compared to Three Houses. Except Golden Deer, they're about the same.

Thanks to a long thread over on Era I've realized that this game is totally going to revive The Discourse (TM) and honestly? I'm actually kinda excited for that

Three Houses discussions are fun, it's a pretty well-crafted world with interesting characters and the multiple perspectives on it help add a lot of nuance to what, from a single perspective, could still end up a fairly one-note story. And Three Hopes looks to pull off the multiple perspectives even better than the first game.

Ok, watched a playthrough of Crimson flower, and read some super abbreviated mission cliffnotes of the other routes(couldn’t find better), time to dive back into this demo!

Man, this demo surely is beafy
I’m planning to just do one route(Edelgard’s) in the demo. Both because the full game should have a NG+/return to branch mechanic and because I have other games in my backlog to focus on before it comes out(plus after spending a week watching a playthrough of the original don’t want to burn myself out). Now to keep myself from poorly choosing to jump backing into OW4 during the wait

Haven’t read the rest of this thread because I haven’t started the demo myself yet, but I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me:

How spoilery does this game get (at least from what’s playable in the demo) when it comes to Three Houses? I’ve still only played one route (Crimson Flower) and have only gotten through, like, 2 chapters of Cindered Shadows. I had hoped to get through more routes before Three Hopes comes out, but I’ve been finding it hard to get back into Three Houses, and it’s clearly not happening at this point…

I’m just wondering if it would be best to hold off on starting Three Hopes until I’ve played more of Three Houses, or if it’ll be fine to jump into Three Hopes with only having played through Crimson Flower. I’m mostly concerned about potential lore spoilers, I guess.

Haven’t read the rest of this thread because I haven’t started the demo myself yet, but I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me:

How spoilery does this game get (at least from what’s playable in the demo) when it comes to Three Houses? I’ve still only played one route (Crimson Flower) and have only gotten through, like, 2 chapters of Cindered Shadows. I had hoped to get through more routes before Three Hopes comes out, but I’ve been finding it hard to get back into Three Houses, and it’s clearly not happening at this point…

I’m just wondering if it would be best to hold off on starting Three Hopes until I’ve played more of Three Houses, or if it’ll be fine to jump into Three Hopes with only having played through Crimson Flower. I’m mostly concerned about potential lore spoilers, I guess.
Been playing the black eagles route and so far it’s completely changed the crimson flower timeline/story and spoiled a bunch of stuff in just that for the most part. I think you’ll be ok, things branch drastically with Shez in play.

Edit: I only watched crimson flower myself and I’ve been fine

Quoted by: Tye

The demo spoils the major plot twists of the Academy phase, but nothing beyond that. Given how differently the story plays out, as long as you understand the lore you should be fine.

I believe someone asked it here, after some testing stats aren't fixed like the first FEW, even leveling up a character with the same class using level resets offers different results (though it doesn't matter that much as you have the items that level up individual stats)

Finished the Demo. about 20 hours.

played the 3 rotes and will start Azure Gleam.

Already everyone at lv15 and Support rank C;

Can't wait.

Got 2 battles left but I’ve really been enjoying the demo. The overall structure between missions works for me too and the addition to the warriors balance I find fun with the weapon advantage system being clear and well detailed(unlike HW where the elemental system is vague) while the camp and map system is a delight as well. Just preordered the game.
Also I’m on Edelgard’s route and not doing multiple pre launch. Reason I’m just now getting back to the demo is I took a week to watch a crimson flower play through. I also read the mission cliffnotes for the other routes since that’s all I could find to get a vague idea. Got enough I’m good to go on this. Plus the changes caused by Byleth’s absence severely altered the story anyways

I wasn't super positive on Three Houses when it came out but I LOVED this demo. Only did Scarlet Blaze but definitely tempted to do the others before Friday. Definitely makes me want to revisit Three Houses and finally play the DLC, starting to think I wasn't feeling it due to other life circumstances at the time lol

I’m looking forward to reviews for this. If it’s decent scores for the writing and stories. I’ll end up getting this.

If it just bad, I’ll probably skip. It’s a spin off so I’m hoping it goes a bit out there lol

I wasn't super positive on Three Houses when it came out but I LOVED this demo. Only did Scarlet Blaze but definitely tempted to do the others before Friday. Definitely makes me want to revisit Three Houses and finally play the DLC, starting to think I wasn't feeling it due to other life circumstances at the time lol
I doubt multiple saves will mix with whatever NG+/route swap mechanic the full game has. Just as a head’s up

I don't know much about these sort of games. I know the Warrior games are more action orriented but is there any exploration, sidequest stuff, puzzles and other JRPG elements or is this basically just "clear out the enemies in an area to proceed further"?

Been playing the black eagles route and so far it’s completely changed the crimson flower timeline/story and spoiled a bunch of stuff in just that for the most part. I think you’ll be ok, things branch drastically with Shez in play.

Edit: I only watched crimson flower myself and I’ve been fine
The demo spoils the major plot twists of the Academy phase, but nothing beyond that. Given how differently the story plays out, as long as you understand the lore you should be fine.
It’s mostly lore spoilers that I’m concerned about…and after just starting the demo and watching the opening cutscene, my partner (who has played every route in Three Houses except Silver Snow and Cindered Shadows) confirmed to me that there are immediately spoilers (out of context, currently, but I’m sure they won’t stay that way) from Azure Moon and Verdant Wind… =/

Now I’m not sure what to do…

It’s mostly lore spoilers that I’m concerned about…and after just starting the demo and watching the opening cutscene, my partner (who has played every route in Three Houses except Silver Snow and Cindered Shadows) confirmed to me that there are immediately spoilers (out of context, currently, but I’m sure they won’t stay that way) from Azure Moon and Verdant Wind… =/

Now I’m not sure what to do…
In that case you should 100% hold off. Three Hopes leans heavily on the lore of Fodlan, so not only will you spoil certain elements of Three Houses, but you won’t get the full experience out of Three Hopes either.

In that case you should 100% hold off. Three Hopes leans heavily on the lore of Fodlan, so not only will you spoil certain elements of Three Houses, but you won’t get the full experience out of Three Hopes either.
I’m wondering if the reveals will still hold up okay if I experience them in reverse, playing Three Hopes first and then going back to finish the rest of the routes in Three Houses. It’s tough because I’d like to finish Three Houses first…but honestly I’d much rather jump into a Warriors game right now than struggle through a traditional Fire Emblem experience for another couple hundred hours… ._.

I’m wondering if the reveals will still hold up okay if I experience them in reverse, playing Three Hopes first and then going back to finish the rest of the routes in Three Houses. It’s tough because I’d like to finish Three Houses first…but honestly I’d much rather jump into a Warriors game right now than struggle through a traditional Fire Emblem experience for another couple hundred hours… ._.
I’d try to find a good YT video covering Fódlan lore in that case. Three Hopes definitely assumes you’re familiar with the lore and throws you into the deep end pretty quickly.

I’d try to find a good YT video covering Fódlan lore in that case. Three Hopes definitely assumes you’re familiar with the lore and throws you into the deep end pretty quickly.
Well I’d rather not watch what I can play myself instead. If I just watch a video about Fódlan lore then I’ll probably never bother to play through the rest of Three Houses myself, lol. I don’t mind not having all the answers to what’s going on in Three Hopes if it means I can still get those answers from playing more of Three Houses. But I guess we can’t really know how well of an experience that would be right now since the full game isn’t even out yet…

Well I’d rather not watch what I can play myself instead. If I just watch a video about Fódlan lore then I’ll probably never bother to play through the rest of Three Houses myself, lol. I don’t mind not having all the answers to what’s going on in Three Hopes if it means I can still get those answers from playing more of Three Houses. But I guess we can’t really know how well of an experience that would be right now since the full game isn’t even out yet…
Just from the demo alone, I can promise you that you won’t have a great time if you don't have a decent grasp of the lore. That's where Three Hopes's bread and butter seems to be. If the demo is this lore-intensive, the main campaign only figures to be even heavier.

Whether it be through playing Three Houses or watching a video, you shouldn't go into Three Hopes flying blind. Unless the story drastically changes tone and direction after the demo portion, you aren't going to get as much out of it, and it'll likely make your future Three Houses playthroughs much less interesting to boot. It's built upon the base that Three Houses established and plugs a lot of the gaps it had, forgoing the introductory details in the process.

I'd say a good comparison would be Torna ~ The Golden Country. Yeah, you could technically play that first, but you aren't going to get anywhere near as much enjoyment as you would if you played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 first.

I don't know much about these sort of games. I know the Warrior games are more action orriented but is there any exploration, sidequest stuff, puzzles and other JRPG elements or is this basically just "clear out the enemies in an area to proceed further"?

Nope

Finished the demo last night. This is already a LOT better than the last Fire Emblem Warriors game imo.
It feels like they took a lot of feedback from the last title.

Actually, yes, despite having never played Crimson Flower in Houses (though I know enough about the story and characters from it)

The Eagles seem to have gotten the most fun initial cast to play as. Unlike my poor Blue Lions, who got stuck with some of the most vanilla unique abilities in the game. So I think I'll start with Eagles and then presumably have them as options in a NG+ playthrough for other routes

Ok finished the FEWTH demo(well I could do a touch more grinding but I’m probably fine with 80% at 15 and I’m not worried about the supports). Had a blast and in for the full game. Did just the Edelgard route. Regarding a certain “new” character Monica is great. Also she’s not just an Edelgard Stan but a Dorothea one XD(only other support convo I got). Her photographic memory letting Edelgard act on housekeeping early was a great twist

I only played the first 40 minutes or so back when the demo released. Now I am itching to play more, but I will wait for the release regardless.

Why isn't it Friday, yet?

Well, the playable roster has been datamined, alongside other stuff. Best to be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom