• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

f4555555d1.png

29fc38c4f5.png

76812e371b.png

a942661be2.png

02ccbd3b87.png

df2fe0161f.png

6062a28ca5.png

6de31a5cee.png

761b6f70eb.png

ee29eb821c.png

93186cac11.png

ca68829479.png

86b0f21850.png

c982e0d5dc.png

29cf52da57.png

5c172ee408.png

a2a638e862.png

cbf7da335f.png

511678a351.png

Last edited:
Fire Emblem Engage ST Text-only Edition
INFO
Developer: Intelligent Systems
Publisher: Nintendo
Language: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean
Play mode: Handheld, Tabletop, TV Mode
Price: JPY7678, USD59.99, CAD79.99, GBP49.99, EUR59.99
Required Space: 13.3 GB
Genre: Simulation RPG
Release Date: 20th January 2023

STORY
During a war millennia ago, four kingdoms joined forces with other world heroes and succeeded in sealing the great evil, the Fell Dragon. A peaceful period followed on the continent of Elyos until signs of seal weakening began to appear in the current time.
The protagonist, Alear awakened by the will of the Divine Dragon from their slumber sets out on a journey to collect 12 rings that house the heroes power and to bring back peace to Elyos.

CHARACTERS
Land of Lythos
Alear
The Divine Dragon protagonist of the story, who was sleeping after the war a thousand years ago. The emergence of the Fell Dragon caused their reawakening from slumber, albeit with amnesia due to sleeping for such a long time.
Vander
The 32nd generation of "Dragon Guardian". He protected Alear, who was asleep in the Land of Lythos.
Clanne
One of the 33rd generation of "Dragon Guardian", along with his younger twin sister and his predecessor, protects the sleeping Alear.
Framme
One of the 33rd generation of "Dragon Guardian", along with her older twin brother and her predecessor, protects the sleeping Alear.
Lumera
Alear's mother, who is also the ruler of Lythos. She watched over Alear who was sleeping until their reawakening and trusted them with the ring-gathering task for Elyos to regain peace.

Kingdom of Firene
Alfred
The first prince of the Kingdom of Firene, whose personality is kind. A flower-loving, disciplined gentleman that prioritized pursuing happiness.
Céline
Alfred's younger sister is a kind and innocent philanthropist who always tries to solve things peacefully. If necessary, she also won't hesitate to fight.
Louis
A gentle royal knight who is attentive to his friends and always happy whenever they're at peace. One of Princess Céline's retainers.
Chloé
Céline's retainer, who is an easy-going person. She loves both fairy tales and pretty scenery, always seeing a picturesque combination of the two.
Etie
An elegant noble lady who is one of Prince Alfred's retainers. While having such a positive and active personality, she's a devoted bodybuilder.
Boucheron
A kind and polite young royal knight who is highly tolerant of others. He is also one of Prince Alfred's retainers.

Kingdom of Brodia
Diamant
The crown prince of Brodia who's been raised to be the next king and has the utmost support of his people.
Alcryst
Diamant's younger brother, who is often pessimistic and has low self-esteem due to self-comparing with his older brother.
Amber
A bright and pure knight with a passionate heart who is a retainer of Diamant. Anything that he does somehow ends up being a solid trouble magnet.
Jade
Another Diamant's retainer who is a calm and serious knight. A common impression is that she's emotionless, but it's actually the opposite.
Citrinne
A kind knight who is one of Alcryst's retainers. She sometimes spoils others with her wealth due to being related to the royal family.
Lapis
A good-natured and kind knight who is one of Alcryst's retainers Despite her frail and delicate appearance, she's stronger than most due to her survival training.
Yunaka
A cheerful, energetic, and mysterious woman who you meet during your journey. Thanks to her friendliness, she gets along easily with others.

Kingdom of Elusia
Ivy
The mysterious-looking with a serious and quiet persona who is the first princess of Elusia.
Hortensia
Ivy's younger half-sister, who adores those close to her while having an innocent but selfish personality.
Rosado
Hortensia's knight retainer and friend, who is optimistic and loves to pursue all things that are cute and pretty.
Kagetsu
Princess Ivy's retainer, who has a cheerful, energetic, and friendly personality. He has an exotic tone of voice due to his birthplace being a hidden realm.
Goldmary
A shy and timid knight who is a retainer for Princess Hortensia. Despite that, she can sometimes act brazenly.
Zelkov
A quiet, obsessive knight who is Princess Ivy's retainer. Whenever he speaks, there's an impression of it always having double-meaning.
Anna
Good 'ol Anna. Don't think she needs an introduction... except this time, she's younger and less experienced than her other counterparts?

Queendom of Solm
Timerra
A free-spirited princess who is in line for the Kingdom of Solm's throne. With her innocent and cheerful personality, she gets along easily with anyone.
Fogado
Timerra's younger brother, who is even more free-spirited than her. It seems that he's travelling around the country to protect his people.
Bunet
A royal chef for the Kingdom of Solm, one of Fogado's retainers. He is a fanatic and always hunts for new ingredients to use in his cooking.
Panette
A polite and graceful knight of Solm who's also Timerra's retainer. In the past, she used to be wilder than her current self, which can be seen during her fights.
Seadall
A renowned dancer who exudes glorious charm. Often reads the fortunes of his companion.
Merrin
Timerra's knight retainer, who tries to look cool every day. She gets fully immersed whenever she sees animals that she loves, especially rare beasts.
Pandreo
A very devoted and sincere clergyman who is also Fogado's retainer. He loves having the time of his life. Panette's older brother.

????
Veyle
A mysterious girl who suddenly appeared and saved Alear in one incident. Apparently, she's on a journey to find a particular person.
Sommie
The mysterious creature who has resided in Somniel since ancient times. Please take good care of this adorable mascot.

Gradlon
Zephia
The Four Hounds' leader, whose primary goal is to resurrect the Fell Dragon. She's been working in the shadows to collect the Emblem Rings.
Marni
One of the Four Hounds that is prone to mood swings while being a proud armoured knight.
Griss
One of the Four Hounds, who is violent and utterly deranged magic user.
Mauvier
A simple, loyal, and honest warrior who is one of the Four Hounds.

GAME SYSTEMS
Emblems
Legendary heroes from other games are contained within their respective Engage Rings. Any characters who equip those rings can gain boosted stats along with some of the Emblem's Sync skills.
Engage
By depleting the Engage gauge, your character can combine with their support Emblem to unlock the latter's weapon and Engage skills, which last for 3 turns. Each Emblem has a powerful Emblem attack that can be used once per Engage session.
Bond
As your character fights with their equipped Emblem, they can gain bond experience and levels. The higher the bond level, the better the perks and skills that can be used.
Skill Inherit
Characters who have reached Bond Level 5 with an Emblem can inherit certain skills from that Emblem by spending the SP gained while fighting alongside them. Up to two inheritable skills can be equipped at a time.

Somniel
A floating base that serves as the main base for Alear and the party. Various shops and facilities are available that can be used to improve combat performance and characters' relationships.
Arena
Staple to the series, Arena lets you fight among your allies for some rewards. For the Standard challenge, you'll have limited attempts where victory will reward you with experience. In Emblem challenge, you can fight your selected Emblem, where Bond Level increase is the victory reward.
Ring Chamber
Your one-stop facility for managing and upgrading your Emblem. You can also create and meld Bond Rings by spending Bond Fragment.
Tower of Trials
A unique facility where you can participate in three different types of trials
  • Tempest Trial makes you take on a series of consecutive maps for experience and crystal rewards.
  • Outrealm Trial allows you to create and upload your defense map for others to try and attempt.
  • Relay Trial is the co-op mode where you and your friend take turns navigating battle.

Battlefield
Weapon Triangle and Break
Weapon Triangle makes its return after being missing from previous games. On top of the usual Sword-Lance-Axe, there's separate effectiveness in which Body Arts beats Dagger, Bow and Tome.
Whenever weapon advantages being in play, the aggressor can inflict Break on the opponent. Those under that status cannot attack until the end of their next combat, allowing the attacker to be free from being counter-attacked.
Smash
Certain "heavy" weapons can trigger Smash, which will knock the enemy back one square. In case of obstruction preventing knockback, the target will be inflicted with Break instead.
Chain Attack
Those who are in the Backup class category or with Dual Strike can assist others during an attack with the Chain Attack mechanic. When a character attacks a target, their allies that are capable of making Chain Attack and are within their attacking range can damage the opponent before normal combat begins.
Chain Guard
Characters who are in a Qi Adept type class can use this mechanic to protect adjacent allies from enemy attacks. As long as the user is in full health, they can sacrifice up to 20% of their HP to protect their allies from directly receiving damage.
Draconic Time Crystal
This game's version of Mila's Turnwheel/Divine Pulse. By using it, you can rewind time so that any mistake you made or undesirable outcome can be reversed without having to RESET the game. Depending on the difficulty, the Dragonic Time Crystal can have limited uses per battle, so use it wisely.
Exploration
After finishing a battle, you can roam around a portion of the battlefield rather than going straight back to the world map. You can do various activities there, such as talking to allies, picking up various items, or even befriending animals.

MISCELLANEOUS
Downloadable Contents
Similar to Fire Emblem Three Houses, Fire Emblem Engage will have a paid expansion pass that contains 4 waves of DLC, which are:
Wave 1: Emblem characters - Tiki and Three Houses lord trio, in-game support items and accessories, silver card, which available at launch
Wave 2: Additional in-game support items and accessories; will be released by 31st Dec.
Wave 3: Additional emblems; will be released by 31st Dec.
Wave 4: New story content separate from the main story, with additional playable characters, maps, and classes, will be released by 31st Dec.
amiibo
Scanning amiibo while at amiibo Gazebo will allow you to receive consumables. If any of the Fire Emblem series amiibo are scanned, bonus music and costumes will be unlocked, as well as relay tickets for taking part in the Relay Trial.
FE Heroes Promo
By redeeming a download code from My Nintendo Rewards, those who play Fire Emblem Heroes can get five orbs for that game plus the Order of Heroes weapon and Bond Ring for Fire Emblem Engage.
F.A.Q
What are the game difficulties and modes available to pick in this game?
It's the usual Normal, Hard, and Maddening for difficulties and Casual or Classic for modes. Random or Fixed Growth mode is also available to pick once you have cleared the game. Do note that your initial run for Maddening is locked to Fixed Growth, so you need to beat that difficulty once first before you can select Random Growth.
Are S-rank bonds still in the game?
Yes, but it is limited to Alear only.
How do I check/watch those supports/emblem bonds for other characters?
You can find it on Somniel/World Map menu, under Reference submenu.

SPECIAL THANKS
VincentASM and his team at Serenes Forest for the prerelease info compilations which I might end up copying stuff 1-1 (unsure)
IntSys and Nintendo for all those assets from official websites, and obviously for making the game

Last edited:
Amazing ST, kuroneko. So excited to really dive into this game whenever I get back home.

Checks the finally arrived tracking link

;_;

Looks like i'll be joining the talks next week as delivery service hasn't even picked it up from My Nintendo Store's warehouse yet.
Estimated arrival: 23th or 24th January.

This is the last time i'll use the MNS.

day 1 patch

Ver.1.1.0 [2023.1.19]
  • Compatible with Expansion Pass.
  • A link to the Nintendo eShop "Additional Content" has been added to the title screen.
  • Added free update benefits. You can receive it when you go to Solanel after Chapter 5.
  • You can now use functions related to Internet communication.

Checks the finally arrived tracking link

;_;

Looks like i'll be joining the talks next week as delivery service hasn't even picked it up from My Nintendo Store's warehouse yet.
Estimated arrival: 23th or 24th January.

This is the last time i'll use the MNS.
/pats

Great ST, very excited to dive into this game. I took tomorrow off because I'm an unapologetic degenerate.

Can’t believe the game launches tomorrow! If only I could, y’know, actually play the damn thing on release.

But no, I guess Amazon just doesn’t do release day shipping anymore? I dunno.

I could have sworn I chose release day shipping from Amazon when I preordered, but they claim my copy is arriving Tuesday.

I could have sworn I chose release day shipping from Amazon when I preordered, but they claim my copy is arriving Tuesday.
You probably did. Amazon has not been very good about this lately. I've had this happen to me with more than one game that I have preordered from them.

I'm just about to launch the game. There's 753 MB of update data to version 1.1.0 already available as of today.

My collectors edition is an in store oreorder so hopefully no issues picking it up tomorrow.

You probably did. Amazon has not been very good about this lately. I've had this happen to me with more than one game that I have preordered from them.
Seems like most people that I've seen mention Amazon preorders are in the same boat. Too late to do anything about it now, but I'll have to remember for next time.

Lovely ST!

My copy is still waiting to be shipped I think, but I'm hoping that it at least arrives by Saturday or Sunday when I can play for a bit. Currently micro-dosing the clip with "I am known as Marth...Emblem Marth, to be clear" so it doesn't make me wince at all when I hear it in-game.

Seems like most people that I've seen mention Amazon preorders are in the same boat. Too late to do anything about it now, but I'll have to remember for next time.

My Nintendo Store order here ... i'm in the same bad position, check my post above.

Very informative thread thank you!!!
6 more hours left for me before I can play the game!! So stoked!

Glad to hear I'm not alone with the Amazon problem. Next Tuesday it is, I guess...

Looking forward to playing it either way!

Thankfully, I preordered the game digitally, (never really cared for special editions of games tbh) so I'll be playing in less than 12 hours 😎

Ready to ENGAGE!

yaA95zy.gif

(seriously they should have added a sentai pose when using the rings)
Do you guys think the expasion pass is worth? And if anyone has played how hard are we talking with maddening?
the 3H pass was decent , so I think this one too considering the last one is aditional story

Interesting datamining tidbit I saw from Vincent's spreadsheet.

Engage's codename is Iron19, where Three Houses is Iron17. I wonder if the rumored Genealogy remake started before Engage.

1st maddening run is fixed growth.... intsys why???
I can understand the logic of it. Assuming they did pretty rigorous playtesting of maddening, making the first run and generally the intended way to play maddening be fixed growths would help fine tune the difficulty. With fix growths, you'd have a better idea of what options and stats the player's army would have and could get intimate with balancing it.

My copy arrived a day early so I'm already playing and it's great to go back to a more classic fire emblem game.

Mine is also arriving Tuesday for some dumb reason.

I am considering buying a normal copy tomorrow and then returning the Divine Edition copy of the game when it arrives. Can anyone confirm/deny whether or not the copy in the Divine Editions comes in shrink wrap?

Interesting datamining tidbit I saw from Vincent's spreadsheet.

Engage's codename is Iron19, where Three Houses is Iron17. I wonder if the rumored Genealogy remake started before Engage.

Are we sure it's not the boring answer, that Fire Emblem Warriors three hopes was 18

I want to have the most fun.

Is Maddening a good place? Is Hard mode easy for a Fire Emblem veteran? I don’t mind some unfair difficulty

The best difficulty in a Fire Emblem game to me was Hard mode in Conquest and Radiant Dawn normal (tho I guess that’s hard mode lol). Three House was easy even on Hard. Maddening was kinda of awakening Lunatic, not balanced well, but more fun then Hard mode at least lol.

I want to have the most fun.

Is Maddening a good place? Is Hard mode easy for a Fire Emblem veteran? I don’t mind some unfair difficulty

The best difficulty in a Fire Emblem game to me was Hard mode in Conquest and Radiant Dawn normal (tho I guess that’s hard mode lol). Three House was easy even on Hard. Maddening was kinda of awakening Lunatic, not balanced well, but more fun then Hard mode at least lol.
Haven't played the game myself but from impressions Engage Hard is harder than Three Houses Hard (perhaps a low bar), and it sounds like Maddening doesn't lean on what some fans call "bullshit" mechanics.

Got it preloaded and ready to play tonight

Debating what difficulty to start on. Definitely wanna play at least on Hard, so I guess I'll start on Maddening and turn it down if need be

Haven't played the game myself but from impressions Engage Hard is harder than Three Houses Hard (perhaps a low bar), and it sounds like Maddening doesn't lean on what some fans call "bullshit" mechanics.
Maddening it is!

Back
Top Bottom