• A new Metroid event is now active. Come join the fun over in Aurc's thread!

Pre-Release Fire Emblem Engage — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: "Engaging with Emblems" trailer, see threadmarks)

lol

lol
Pronouns
She/Her
It seems that Ephraim is in the game? At the beginning of the video posted last week (the one that went over Sigurd's emblem abilities) you can see Timerra(?) with Eirika's emblem ring equipped, however, later on in the video Eirika's portrait had been replaced with Ephraim's.
unknown.png

LuckyNumber69

6.9 out of 10

Here's some 'new' stuff: Magic cancels out evasion, and flyers can cross terrain that grounded units can't. Also, not that this is too surprising, but the corrupted are a result of the resurrection of the Fell Dragon.

Edit: Here's a video and some extra tweets explaining Celica's abilities (the timing on these tweets is getting real weird I swear lol):

Last edited:

Kartina

Like Like
Pronouns
He/him

Here's some 'new' stuff: Magic cancels out evasion, and flyers can cross terrain that grounded units can't. Also, not that this is too surprising, but the corrupted are a result of the resurrection of the Fell Dragon.

Edit: Here's a video and some extra tweets explaining Celica's abilities (the timing on these tweets is getting real weird I swear lol):
Thanks for explaining the tweets.
So they're using the fe gaiden / echoes style of magic.
The rest is classic stuff for fliers (who I guess can't dismount like in Threehouses thank god)

Kartina

Like Like
Pronouns
He/him
Are they using that style of magic or is it just something related to Emblem Celica?
Units with the Magic battle style ignore terrain bonuses when attacking with magic. For example, enemies hiding in Bushes are usually hard to hit, but they can attack these enemies easily from a distance. It's in the first tweet before talking about emblem celica, so it's just how magic works in the game.

Hailinel

Musou Mania!
Units with the Magic battle style ignore terrain bonuses when attacking with magic. For example, enemies hiding in Bushes are usually hard to hit, but they can attack these enemies easily from a distance. It's in the first tweet before talking about emblem celica, so it's just how magic works in the game.
Ah. When you said Gaiden/Echoes, I was confused because I thought you meant spell lists per character tied to level and casting cost of HP, which didn't make sense given what we'd seen.

LuckyNumber69

6.9 out of 10

Here's the tweets introducting Solm and Timerra. Nothing too interesting, mainly stuff we already knew, and clips that were already available on the official website.

BassForever

Master of the Undernet
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems that Ephraim is in the game? At the beginning of the video posted last week (the one that went over Sigurd's emblem abilities) you can see Timerra(?) with Eirika's emblem ring equipped, however, later on in the video Eirika's portrait had been replaced with Ephraim's.
unknown.png
Since they're twins maybe the gimmick of their ring is you can switch between the twins with each having different abilities.

Top Bottom