• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Fire Emblem Engage — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People generally seem to prefer the shorter, concise titles with this series, hence why Echoes stuck over the fairly wordy Shadows of Valentia.

Makes me think the remake could simply be titled “Fire Emblem: The Holy War” or something along those lines.

People generally seem to prefer the shorter, concise titles with this series, hence why Echoes stuck over the fairly wordy Shadows of Valentia.

Makes me think the remake could simply be titled “Fire Emblem: The Holy War” or something along those lines.

That was my point. Echoes is a lot faster and easier to say than Shadows of Valentia but because of that, the Echoes name has become synonymous with the remake of 2. It may just add confusion if they name the FE 4 remake Fire Emblem Echoes: The Holy War. I can see the same happening to Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

Nintendo has used Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War since Fire Emblem Heroes launched. They are not suddenly going to not use it. :p

I call FE15 "Shadows of Valentia" dammit!

I still think Nintendo/IS are gonna use "Echoes" for future remakes. It's a good way to distiguish new games from remakes. "Echoes" essentially referring to (as per interviews) "echoes of the past" is neat too, and makes sense to continue being used for remakes. Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War is a fine title.

Also: lol at NoA revealing Sigurd before the JP FE Twitter. What's weird is that they could've revealed Sigurd today, but they just... didn't tweet like they usually do on Mondays lol.

P.S. I agree that a new trailer has got to be pretty damn close. Like I've said before, I think we could get a November trailer drop and a December Engage Direct.

Yeah, there's plenty of precedence for Nintendo using Genealogy of the Holy War at this point. Similarly, if we ever see an FE7 rerelease, it'll probably be called Blazing Sword (and thank God for that, because it's still hard to refer to the English release of the GBA title at this point)

I need a second trailer if just so I can start to believe that the game will be more than they showed us in the first one

I still think Nintendo/IS are gonna use "Echoes" for future remakes. It's a good way to distiguish new games from remakes. "Echoes" essentially referring to (as per interviews) "echoes of the past" is neat too, and makes sense to continue being used for remakes. Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War is a fine title.
I used to think that, until they called Celica Emblem of Echoes. Plus if they were to start using that phrase, future titles are gonna become mouthfuls. Even Shadows of Valentia is long name. Also since none of the NES/SNES FE came to the west, its fine to just called them by og their name.

Confession: I think Sigurd is one of the lamest lords, and the fact that he's voiced by the same VA as Clive in FEH doesn't help

That's the last of the Emblems that featured heavily in the trailer. I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see more?
There's only two other non-Emblem characters (Etie and Axe Guy) that have been prominently featured thus far that haven't been revealed on the JP Twitter yet, so I can't imagine it'll be much longer. I'm thinking we'll get a new trailer next week, personally. Maybe Friday and Monday character reveals, followed by a Wednesday trailer? The week after next is Pokemon week, and the week after that is Thanksgiving week, so unless they don't plan on revealing any more substantial info until very late, next week seems like it could be the week imo. If we do end up getting a Friday reveal this week still despite the weird schedule (i.e. the Wednesday Sigurd reveal) then that'll only strengthen my theory.

Etie tweets! I really like her personality so far, lol. Her crit animation might be my favorite thus far, too. The bit of map music we hear in the first clip sounds pretty amazing, too! Nice crit btw

Etie tweets! I really like her personality so far, lol. Her crit animation might be my favorite thus far, too. The bit of map music we hear in the first clip sounds pretty amazing, too! Nice crit btw

That crit looks so cool, I love how it follows the arrow after being shot.

She looks really cool! I love her design. Good voice, too.

According to Google Translate, axe dude's name in Boucheron? Well, anyway, there he is! The music in both of his clips is amazing, too!

I wonder though... he's the last guy seen prominently from the reveal trailer + Twitter clips that still needed a reveal... and they revealed him on a Tuesday for some reason even though there (afaik?) wasn't any holiday in Japan on Monday (or any other day this week)... maybe we're getting a new trailer later today??

Last edited:

According to Google Translate, axe dude's name in Boucheron? Well, anyway, there he is! The music in both of his clips is amazing, too!

I wonder though... he's the last guy seen prominently from the reveal trailer + Twitter clips that still needed a reveal... and they revealed him on a Tuesday for some reason even though there (afaik?) wasn't any holiday in Japan on Monday (or any other day this week)... maybe we're getting a new trailer later today??

Never skip head day or you end up like this guy, buff body and small head.

Never skip head day or you end up like this guy, buff body and small head.

I for one welcome the return of the early games obligatory pair of cavaliers that fit the chad and nerd archetypes.

E: I totally noticed this isn't a cav but infantry .... well ... i dun goofed.

Last edited:
I usually tend to avoid axe infantry as their accuracy is often appalling. Unless they are a lord (Hector, Edelgard) or a rookie villager that’s going to have massive stat growth later (Ross from Sacred Stones).

I really wish they showed the 2d art of the character in the first introduction tweet, rather than just the in game model, alas..

I wasn't expecting such a deep voice on him, but in a way it still fits I guess. XD

The design is a bit simple for my liking, it seems like the most effort went into all the super pretty eyes of the characters.

The more recent designs have been a bit better than some of the initial ones for me. I'm still not wild about the character design, but we've been getting a bit more diversity from the anime samefaces, which helps.

Still waiting for a different looking female design... I've got doubts we'll have anyone who falls outside of the general 'feminine' box like Leonie, Catherine and Shamir or older like Manuela.

Still waiting for a different looking female design... I've got doubts we'll have anyone who falls outside of the general 'feminine' box like Leonie, Catherine and Shamir or older like Manuela.
That one blurry leaked image was pretty damning in this regard lol.

Watching it without sound, i have no idea what's going on besides the evil guys being able to corrupt the Emblem Rings?

This looks better than what I’ve seen so far, upgrading to cautious optimism now.

Honestly, this looks and feels much better than Three Houses. Especially on the character design front. Colorful and full of emotions. I like everything about the playable cast.

Oh goodness the game LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!
The cutscenes look soooo crisp and vibrant!! 🤩
The other designs (except one or two fanservicy ones) look really good too!!!

My hesitations about the game were already gone a while ago, but now I'm straight up ecstatic!!!!!

saw the last trailer ahm this looks awful and I'm not talking about the graphics which look nice. My sentiment stands the same as in the first trailer, Fire Emblem maybe is not for me anymore.

I'm still not feeling it with the VA which is damn unfortunate since the last 2 games had phenomenal voice acting.

Story still remains to be seen if it's decent or not lol.

The graphics are slick but I am not digging the art direction, and the story seems kind of meh, though admittedly we haven't seen a lot.

The dialogs in this trailer. ufff….
To be fair. Some Three Houses trailers were the same lol. Pretty common criticism when we had those a while back.

But the theme of that game made it easier to wait and see. Here it’s a bit all over the place from silliness to super serious, combine with the designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom