• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

Rumour Fire Emblem 18 - screenshots have been leaked (Reddit) (UPDATE: another screenshot leaked, see OP)

Kitty Paws

Cappy
Pronouns
They/Them
mn3apgqb4v591.jpg

Red and blue...I legit was not expecting it to be so literal. It's literally Joy con hair, I don't know what to think lmao.
I feel she looks very... Gust-like? Maybe not the vivid red & blue, but if she had softer and somewhat more muted colors I could see this design used for an Atelier character.

ermitron2

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok I have to mention it reeeeally grind my gears when someones mentions the "same-face" "gust like" style. I can call some things like the fanservice (and even there, they have reduced it a lot) but of all the developers, Gust is the one that changes artist every trilogy (or tetralogies now) to keep the keep the characters and the art direction unique. When someone says "it looks gust like" I'm like "from what series??". And this even changes with games the sames series or even the same game (like the misterious series having 2 different charater designers), i.e. the art direction and character designs varies from Lulua / Sophie 2 from the previous Arland Trilogy / Sophie 1.

IMO why they are bringing Gust as mentioned is becuase it's forte is being able to translate the artist designs into 3d models and because their experience and engine allows for greater details than what can be done in any of the other KT engines. For every artist they bring like Hidari, Kisihida, Toridamono, Yuugen and Noco, you can see their style represented in game. If anything I could call the artist chosen which I'm guessing that depends on IS rather than Gust, but calling them like that feels like a disservice to what they do.

To me it could easily be an atlus character from the DS era. If you change the pallete colors with darker ones you could tell me she is a Mostrum for Ys 9 and I wouldn't doub it

Last edited:
Ok I have to mention it reeeeally grind my gears when someones mentions the "same-face" "gust like" style. I can call some things like the fanservice (and even there, they have reduced it a lot) but of all the developers, Gust is the one that changes artist every trilogy (or tetralogies now) to keep the keep the characters and the art direction unique. When someone says "it looks gust like" I'm like "from what series??". And this even changes with games the sames series or even the same game (like the misterious series having 2 different charater designers), i.e. the art direction and character designs varies from Lulua / Sophie 2 from the previous Arland Trilogy / Sophie 1.

IMO why they are bringing Gust as mentioned is becuase it's forte is being able to translate the artist designs into 3 models and because their experience and engine allows for greater details than what can be done in any of the other KT engines. For every artist they bring like Hidari, Kisihida, Toridamono, Yuugen and Noco, you can see their style represented in game. If anything I could call the artist chosen which I'm guessing that depends on IS rather than Gust, but calling them like that feels like a disservice to what they do.

To me it could easily be an atlus character from the DS era. If you change the pallete colors with darker ones you could tell me she is a Mostrum for Ys 9 and I wouldn't doub it
I think it looks good too, the main reason people are saying its same face is that we see some characters in small blurry face windows and people are saying they look similar. You can do that with any FE cast if you show them in the same light

zumaddy

Bob-omb
Pronouns
She
Isn't this FE17? Three Houses was 16. Heroes came out before it. The Warriors games and TMS aren't numbered titles.

DecoReturns

Memento Mori
Founder
I just need to see the game and stuff. I always read leaks and then it turns out the implementation is not what I thought most of the time.

Tho if the protagonist is a kid. I’m guessing some kind of time skip again. No way they’ll stay a kid. Something will happen

Samurai Goro

Sushi Kamakaze Fujiyama Nippon-Ichi
Fire Emblem Hairoes - whynotboth.gif

I mean, I'm not going to pretend this looks amazing, but it's a big whatever if the gameplay is good, right?

It's going to be good ............right?

Yes, I'm late to the party, but so is the next Fire Emblem..muahaha.

Top Bottom