• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Final Fantasy VII Rebirth announced for PS5, coming winter 2023, remake series is a trilogy

I will play this when the whole trilogy is out on whatever hardware I prefer than (probably Switch 2 or 3).

It will take years, but that's what I'll be going to do as well. Because starting a story focused game and having to wait several years for the continuation is annoying, and in general I won't support cutting a former whole package into several piecemeal servings. I know they try to justify it by altering the story, but this new story could be told in a single game.

I expect that part 2 won't be out before 2024.

It's also unfortunate, how many people were lead to believe that the remake project would be concluded for PS4, but ended up abandoning PS4 the very next subsequent content, for no gamer friendly reason, but most likely just to sell next gen systems.

FF is pretty much a Sony franchise at this point I would make your peace with it.

7R made its way to PC with no Sony involvement. I know some first party PlayStation games come to PC now, but this is a bit different in that we basically KNOW these games will come out on PC like a year later, and not several later like Spider-Man or Horizon (and those could have been any of their first-party games).

Better to bet on PS7
Nah Part 3 will probably be out toward the end of PS5 life.

Reading those developer messages you can actually feel how shocked they are at how smoothly things are going lol, especially considering some have even started on Part 3

I finally beat Remake for a second time. This time in PS5. I really really hope Rebirth captures that sense of adventure and scale post-Midgar FF7 had.
That's my biggest hope for this game, too. Remake Pt 1 felt way too confined and like it was stretching out a very thin amount of material over a way-too-long game. But once you leave Midgar, there's actually tons of space to play around in and that should solve that problem. Just depends on how they do it and really what the overworld looks like. How do you convey traveling around to tons of places like that without a world map, but also not have you just endlessly walking over giant empty zones? I'm really interested how they do it.

I finally beat Remake for a second time. This time in PS5. I really really hope Rebirth captures that sense of adventure and scale post-Midgar FF7 had.
Yeah, the linearity kills the game in replays. Lots of force and stop. Force slow walking. Even in areas they could open up, feels linear. Like Shinra break-in, probably the most disappointing part re-imagined in Remake for me

I also hope the writing is better then remake. But after playing Crisis Core. I have no hope.

But as long as the gameplay is far improve then the great start they got. I’ll be interested enough to to play thought it the entire game.

That's my biggest hope for this game, too. Remake Pt 1 felt way too confined and like it was stretching out a very thin amount of material over a way-too-long game. But once you leave Midgar, there's actually tons of space to play around in and that should solve that problem. Just depends on how they do it and really what the overworld looks like. How do you convey traveling around to tons of places like that without a world map, but also not have you just endlessly walking over giant empty zones? I'm really interested how they do it.
They should just make it zoned based like Final Fantasy XII and XIV. Wide open zones with exploration and room for extra combat content, but also not overly large and barren.
Yeah, the linearity kills the game in replays. Lots of force and stop. Force slow walking. Even in areas they could open up, feels linear. Like Shinra break-in, probably the most disappointing part re-imagined in Remake for me

I also hope the writing is better then remake. But after playing Crisis Core. I have no hope.

But as long as the gameplay is far improve then the great start they got. I’ll be interested enough to to play thought it the entire game.
They way they stylized Shinra HQ made it seem like they ran out of budget. It's so lifeless, empty, and bland compared to how it's envisioned in the original game. Compare Shinra HQ to how well they designed Wall Market, it's like a whole different game / developer.

They should just make it zoned based like Final Fantasy XII and XIV. Wide open zones with exploration and room for extra combat content, but also not overly large and barren.

They way they stylized Shinra HQ made it seem like they ran out of budget. It's so lifeless, empty, and bland compared to how it's envisioned in the original game. Compare Shinra HQ to how well they designed Wall Market, it's like a whole different game / developer.
I actually enjoyed the Shinra HQ quite a bit. It perfectly captured the after hours vibe of a soulless corporate building.

Hojo’s lab, on the other hand, was terrible.

A lot of these shortcomings are due to some gamers demanding an arbitrary amount of content to justify spending $60. Yuffie’s chapter did not need to hit X hours of gameplay and was much better paced as a result.

It honestly doesn’t feel like they ran out of budget. It seems to be a stylistic choice, the looks and feel of Shinra is the same as the menu’s and “technological” aspect of the game. The lifeless and emptiness is just like most of the game in all honestly. Wall Market isn’t all that dramatic either. The outside looks good with some color and dirtiness of it. But it always felt like a “hub” to me personally, rather then a town(sector in this case)

I found Shinra HQ to be a pretty good and accurate modern depiction of how it was in the original tbh. The top down view of the offices was always going to be really difficult to nail exactly. But yeah Hojo's lab being expanded so much felt like pure padding.

i remember thinking of Hojo’s lab from a architecture’s point of view when I played the game for the first time.

Felt like a different building all together lol

I don't really see a correlation to Crisis Core's writing and FF7R's, given that Crisis Core was first written over 15 years ago. I'd expect something overall similar to Remake though.

Back
Top Bottom