• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Final Fantasy VII Rebirth announced for PS5, coming winter 2023, remake series is a trilogy

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess

Didn’t see a thread made yet. Here’s the trailer for Part 2 of the VII Remake Series: Rebirth. Coming next Winter (so 2023-2024?)

Nomura’s Message:

Graphic Showing The Trilogy:

I think that’s everything we’ll get today, but I’ll update the thread if more comes out. Personally very excited, Part 1 was my GOTY in 2020.

That definitely gives an even stronger impression this is a sequel to the original FF7, and I'm kinda here for it. Really excited.

trilogy made sense. given work has already started on Episode 3, I wonder if they moved to UE5 with this game

Resisting a PS5 getting harder… I liked FF VIIR, so I’ll play this most def

If these are not coming to Xbox, it's not coming to Drake either. Sony must be paying big money for it.

So the whole thing is like a Rebuild of Final Fantasy VII.

I haven't played Remake yet, maybe I should get to it.

I guess I will need a PS5 by then. Remake was my favorite game of 2020 so I'm ready for more!

Square Enix to Xbox fans: Fuck you, FF7 Remake isn’t coming to Xbox.

Also Square Enix to Xbox fans: Pretty please buy our Crisis Core remaster on Xbox.

Also also Square Enix to Xbox fans: Fuck you. FF7 Rebirth isn’t coming to Xbox.

Last edited:
I cannot wait. I wish it took 16's summer slot instead though. Also can't lie that the whole forget the past change the future thing does worry me slightly but still so excited.

Square Enix to Xbox fans: Fuck you, FF7 Remake isn’t coming to Xbox.

Also Square Enix to Xbox fans: Pretty please buy our Crisis Core remaster on Xbox.

Also also Square Enix to Xbox fans: Fuck you. FF7 Rebirth isn’t coming to Xbox.
Sony be whispering in Squeenix’s ear like

“Tell them to get lost, my precious”

When even Sony is out there talking about going multi platform and how it’s better for their bottom line, it’s so hilarious any publisher signs an exclusivity deal with them.

I guess I can tolerate this reimagining of FFVII since we're also getting a proper remake (I wonder where that is going to be released though).

Still, probably won't buy this trilogy until is over and on Switch so see you in a decade!

As long as these games keep coming to Steam I'm good.

I am stoked for this game. I do not have any hopes of playing it in 2023, but I am excited none the less.

FF is pretty much a Sony franchise at this point I would make your peace with it.
They should really come out and say it instead of just letting people (reasonably) expect the games to come to Xbox for several years now.

Going to finally play Remake tomorrow. Very excited for all this FF VII content.
I've about 5 hours in. Pretty fun as far as story/world building. Not sure how I feel about the battle system, but I'm here for the story.

FFXVI next Summer made me think this would be a little further out. Still haven't played Part 1, so I should get on that soon.

Probably early 2024. I also wonder where the next expansion for 14 sits. I'm thinking 14 gets a Fall 2023 expansion.

Looks good
Still waiting for it to be released as a total package after third episode lol

Probably early 2024. I also wonder where the next expansion for 14 sits. I'm thinking 14 gets a Fall 2023 expansion.
Yeah, that's the time frame I'm expecting too. I just thought they would have spaced them at least a year apart, but this is definitely a nice surprise.

This just being 3 parts has slightly made me mad cause part 1 was not worth the amount of time it took to beat lol

Like they stretched Midgar badly.
To each their own but I freaking loved everything about part 1. One of my favorite games ever.

That was, I, well, what was it, really? I mean, granted it it just a teaser trailer, but I was left utterly confused. The gang, and Kalm, Junon? All gone? Was this just a trailer showing the Nibelheim flashback? Or is this even less of a by-the-books remake than I thought it would be?

Dunno, really, wasn't at all what I expected.

Don't gt me wrong, still excited. VIIR was a banger, I'm definitely getting a PS5 in 2023. But I was left.. I dunno, felt strange watching it.

That was, I, well, what was it, really? I mean, granted it it just a teaser trailer, but I was left utterly confused. The gang, and Kalm, Junon? All gone? Was this just a trailer showing the Nibelheim flashback? Or is this even less of a by-the-books remake than I thought it would be?

Dunno, really, wasn't at all what I expected.

Don't gt me wrong, still excited. VIIR was a banger, I'm definitely getting a PS5 in 2023. But I was left.. I dunno, felt strange watching it.
Yeah I’m 50/50 if Sephiroth is really there or not. Cloud shouldn’t be wearing that outfit if it was the Nibelheim flashblack unless it is how he remembers it, but that seems weird given how 7R ended where it seems characters became aware of their normal futures (which the trailer dialogue seems to support). Them being buds doesn’t make terrible sense either. So maybe Cloud is hallucinating him as a bud? Or maybe them reconciling the new knowledge with the past knowledge that Cloud doesn’t know is false is what’s causing this? The last game ended with them in space briefly so feels like anything is on the table lol.

I've about 5 hours in. Pretty fun as far as story/world building. Not sure how I feel about the battle system, but I'm here for the story.

The battle system is something you really need to get used to. I dare even say that it clicked better on the second playthrough.

There are a few battles though that are impossible to get a decent overview of because of the camera, too many enemies or too many effects (particles, flashes, ...).

It is weird, but I think they surprised me with the graphical gap compared to Episode 1
I didn't expect that
part of me thinks they've moved to UE5, but it could just be them more fully using UE4 since they don't have to worry about a last gen system

This just being 3 parts has slightly made me mad cause part 1 was not worth the amount of time it took to beat lol

Like they stretched Midgar badly.

I thought that was going to be the case, but outside of one or two chapters I didn't really feel like it dragged on.

With things (probably) stretching out in Rebirth, hopefully it is more to your liking.

Could easily be fake but it sounds plausible lol

If its true... specially those last 3 points. It is definitely going to turn out that the white feathers that pop up during the trailer are from the light side of the LOVELESS Goddess' wings.

Last edited:
I love Final Fantasy VII.

I still haven’t touched the remake. I’m waiting for the 3 parts being done.

Back
Top Bottom