• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Fellow SNES owners: did you also own any of the other 4th gen consoles?

In addition to SNES, I also owned...

• Atari Lynx

• Genesis/Mega Drive

• Game Gear

• TurboGrafx-16

• TurboExpress

• Philips CD-i

• Game Boy

• Neo Geo

• SNES is all you need!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just a Game Boy, and I think it's honestly tied with the SNES in terms of how much time I spent on it, especially once the Super Game Boy peripheral came out.

I'd have got A PC Engine too if it'd come out over here. I miss the generations where the console libraries were incredibly different, nowadays you can play most of the notable games with only one console, although Switch bucks this trend a little, I guess.

Am I crazy if I don’t consider some of these 4th gen? Like I associate the Gameboy and the NES together.
I don't number generations myself but the Game Boy came out in 1989, after the PC Engine and Mega Drive, and around the same time as TurboGrafx and Genesis. It lines up more with 16-bit era consoles.

Back
Top Bottom