• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Favourite region in Tears of the Kingdom

Favourite region in TOTK

• Central Hyrule (Hyrule Castle, Lookout Landing, Great Plateau)

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Akkala (including Zora domain)

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Faron

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Hebra (including Rito village)

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • East & West Necluda

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Gerudo desert and highlands

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Eldin volcano

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Enpsty

Bob-omb
I tried to divide the map in the largest regions instead of going with skytowers locations.
I love all of them, but due to Hateno and Lurelin I have to go with the Necludas. Although my favourite place in general is Rutile lake.

I am 25 hours in and I've only visited Necluda, Central and Hebra so far :p so I cant really answer..

But I've enjoyed all those regions so far

One of the odd things with the map reuse is that I’m so focused on objectives this time, I feel like I don’t really have a region I’ve been in for too long. I return to Lookout Landing a lot for the free bed and facilities, but I’m not sure I’d call that my favorite area even if I’d call the definitive space for the game. I will say in the last game one of my favorite area’s was Zora’s Domain and that’s the biggest area I haven’t been to yet. So 70+ hours in and TBD I guess is my answer lol.

I think Zora's Domain is part of Lanayru, a separate region. But even then I liked the autumny vibes of Akkala the most, even though it's only a "secondary" region.

Akkala for sure. Spoilers for the entire region -

Revisiting parts of Hyrule to eagerly find out what’s changed is one of the best parts about the game and seeing Tarrey Town not only fully developed, but also so much more bustling literally made my heart melt entirely. Definitely placed a warp pad there only to return once every now and then and just soak vibes.

Additionally, it has one of the three mazes, and I positively adore the mazes and how they’re remixed in TotK.

On top of it being really beautiful, with its tranquil autumn vibe, but that was also true in BotW.

Haven't been everywhere in TOTK yet, but I've always liked Akkala and Necluda - basically that eastern side of the map with more (friendly) settlements.

Central was cool in BOTW for different reasons (more guardians, plus seeing the ruins of key locations and exploring the castle), but I love it as a central hub now with Lookout Landing there. Kind of sums up the weird balance of high stakes drama and kookiness to have a bunch of loveable weirdos staring into the abyss and trying their best to live alongside and understand it.

FriendlyAdorableFairyfly-size_restricted.gif

I think Zora's Domain is part of Lanayru, a separate region. But even then I liked the autumny vibes of Akkala the most, even though it's only a "secondary" region.
That's true. I just thought Akkala is pretty small compared to the rest, that's why I included Zora domain.

I like Akkala. The Citadel is a really neat landmark and the whole area has cozy Autumn vibes.

I really love Faron's jungle vibe.

On a related topic, I wish this Hyrule had a swamp biome with a Deku village. I mean, I know there's the wetlands, but that's not the same thing and the Deku deserve a dwelling place.

Back
Top Bottom