• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Favorite Film Scenes

Phosphorescent Skeleton

It's a hard world for little things.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pretty self explanatory, just a place to share some Classic Popcorn Moments 🍿

This is my favorite scene from Citizen Kane, really sums up everything great about the film. Humor, acting, cinematography, and the politics, which as the poet says are...fairly Leftist.

Impossible to pick one, so maybe I'll post a few different kinds of scenes.

Godzilla's Dropkick from Godzilla vs Megalon brings me so much joy every time I see it

Orson Welles' incredible monologue at the Chartres Cathedral in F for Fake

The ambush scene from Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, the greatest of the Shaw Bros. martial arts films

I'm horrible when it comes to picking out movies/scenes I really liked but In Bruges has always stood out to me from when I first watched it. Terrific film.

Here is one of my all-time favorites because it does so much with so little.
Movie is "The Boat that Rocked"/"Pirate Radio".
Context is that the main character just caught his crush and his DJ hero sleeping together.

I have several favorites, but I'm gonna take the chance to show off the very first movie scene I remember being really hyped about as a very young kid:

No joke, Aquaman being sent off by the village is the best scene in any cape film. I was randomly just thinking about it lol

I love that you get to see how people worship a God in that world, and that it's got room to breathe to really let you sit in the moment. I really wish they had the lyrics translated on screen in the movie, they're so perfect for this scene and the transition to Martha looking over Clarks grave.

This scene from the Social Network is still my favorite performance from Andrew Garfield.

If you haven't, check out the red riding trilogy, he's so good in it.

Last edited:
I can't find a clip of it on YouTube, but Your Name is a really cute body swap film until a certain point. This isn't the big twist, but it's your first indicator that something is wrong.

When Mitsuha's grandma tells Taki (in Mitsuha's body) "You're dreaming right now, aren't you?" And then Taki wakes up crying not knowing why. Everything gets worse (emotions, not quality) from there.

I could post basically any scene from the criminally underseen masterpiece Legend of the Stardust Brothers

This movie was such a pleasant surprise! Had no expectations going in, and found a gem filled with boundless creativity. Helps that all the songs are great too! The sequence you posted is one of the highlights of the film, but in terms of my favorite song, it's got to be this one:

Makes me really want to check out more of Macoto Tezuka's filmography, including the somewhat recent sequel he made to this.

Such a great scene that makes the audience realize how dangerous Syndrome is and how much danger Bob is in, and it just keeps going.

The Incredibles will always be my favorite Pixar movie.

Such a great scene that makes the audience realize how dangerous Syndrome is and how much danger Bob is in, and it just keeps going.

Good lord, yes. It's also a great example of what music can add to a scene.

There's a scene in Jet Li's "Fearless" where he's working in the rice paddies and as a breeze begins blowing through he stands up and lets it wash over him with this look of contentment and that stuck with me for years. Whenever there's a breeze or I'm having a walk around after laboring and am trying to re-center and relax, I remember that scene and try to open up to the breeze like he did.

This is a nice moment, but to me, this will always be the greatest Pixar scene of all time:

One of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite films! I will never get tired of seeing that amazing cutaway set. It’s used to great effect in a separate scene that tracks characters moving through it while arguing that’s great too. Lots of neat little character details in there too! And of course the Mark Mothersbaugh soundtrack

Watching this sequence at the theater started all for me: My love for cinema, my love for Batman, my love for movie soundtracks..

This unsettling and brilliantly done scene in Hitchcock's last movie still get's me every time.
The way the camera leaves the scene of the crime instead of showing it is just a masterstroke of film making for me.

hard to pick just one from this, but this one was on youtube

I
1*_y07jFedzfaxD_ZUbEOOuw.jpeg

Film hits me like a train every damn time.

I know it's not much in terms of Pixar, but I am fascinated by this scene because it is probably the only time the toys in Toy Story were actively communicating with a human, and it is captivating because it is a mix of awesome and horror (imagine if the toys come alive to revolt).

Thank you for reading.

I know it's not much in terms of Pixar, but I am fascinated by this scene because it is probably the only time the toys in Toy Story were actively communicating with a human, and it is captivating because it is a mix of awesome and horror (imagine if the toys come alive to revolt).

Thank you for reading.

It's a great moment for sure! As much as I like Sid, I love how the toys just got together and decided "Let's break our rule of not coming to life in front of people to mess up this kid". It's great stuff!

I've already posted my favorite scene from Toy Story here, but I might as well post my second favorite as well (which is also my second favorite scene in any Pixar film):

Maybe not my favorite scene of all time, but this scene always makes me smile.

From One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest:

I'll partake in this thread with my own what is likely unshared and somewhat unpopular opinion. Even worse, I'll provide two that popped into my head. First from Tarantino's seemingly uncounted and oft disregarded film: Death Proof (spoiler alert)

Next is from David Lynch's lowkey masterpiece Mulholland Drive, but likely not a scene you'd guess.

I love these scenes mostly for their mood, editing, and music. That's why they stand out to me.

Last edited:

If you want to anger yourself uncontrollably about the US economy and the lessons the country simply has not learned since 2008, watch The Big Short. Plenty of outstanding scenes in this movie but these two always stick out to me first.

And here's a third:

Back
Top Bottom