• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Fashion Dreamer coming to Nintendo Switch in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumaddy

Starman
Pronouns
She

Build your own brand and become the ultimate influencer in Fashion Dreamer, coming to Nintendo Switch later this year!

Foety7fWAAESutg

Syn Sophia confirmed to have worked on the game, no clue if it's Style Savvy 5 with a different name or just different altogether. If it's the next Style Savvy in spirit, I am super excited!

UPDATE: Releasing November 3rd, 2023 in the West, November 2nd in Japan

Last edited:
Since the other thread seems to be the main one, how do you close threads? lmao

sorry! i didn't realize there was already a thread. i'll ask for mine to be locked or merged with this one.
No don't worry about it, yours is more complete! I just wanted to know how to close a thread since I don't make new ones very often

I imagine it went like this:

(Sometime in 2020)
Marvelous: Why hello Nintendo, how ya doing. Great. Soooooo you uh, happen to have oh say, Style Savvy under development at the moment?

Nintendo: Oh hey, uh, no not at the moment. Hope every-

Marvelous: Cool gotta go! (faintly in the background: Fire up the dev team bois!)

When I first saw this I was like STYLE SAVVY but got deflated when it turned out to be something else but then turns out Syn Sophia is doing this too so cautiously optimistic again

Not sure we saw any business sim elements though?

As far as I can see it's leaning heavily towards the 'designing looks' part and less towards the old jobs you could do. Mind you, this is super early footage so let's see what happens. I won't be very interested if it's just fashion design gameplay and that's it.

I guess this is interesting, even thoguh im a fan of style savvy i proabably won’t get it. For some reason looking at it I just feel disappointed at what could have been because tbh it looks not great but maybe there will be more stuff.

As far as I can see it's leaning heavily towards the 'designing looks' part and less towards the old jobs you could do. Mind you, this is super early footage so let's see what happens. I won't be very interested if it's just fashion design gameplay and that's it.

I'm hoping the part they sorta glossed over in the trailer about "suggesting new looks" is closer to the old jobs. But again, early footage.

Tbh thoguh I think a part of it is I feel the game is a failure in the making, I’m not really convinced on xseed and marvellous being able to market this, I trust Syn Sophia but not the other companies involved.

I’ve not played a Style Savvy game.
Is there a storyline or is it more in the vein of Animal Crossing?
If I wanted to check one of the older games is there a particular one that’s best to start with?

Hopefully it still has the business side, and a story like SS4, this social aspect of showing off your clothes isn't really interesting to me or what I enjoy about Style Savvy, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt of being the focus for this first trailer. Kinda sad if this is the only game syn sophia has been working on, because it kind of tells me that Nintendo doesn't care about having another Style Savvy game.

I’ve not played a Style Savvy game.
Is there a storyline or is it more in the vein of Animal Crossing?
If I wanted to check one of the older games is there a particular one that’s best to start with?
The last two games have overarching storylines that kind of happen sporadically as you play, the most recent one especially heavily follows 4-5 characters.

As for recommendations it depends if you like the idea of the singing aspect, because the most recent one (Style Savvy/Girl's Mode 4) included helping wannabe singers and idols. If you don't like the idea of that, then try the one before it (the third game)

This was quite the surprise, both positively and negatively. It's nice that SynSophia is continuing Style Savvy with a sort of spiritual successor without having to rely on Nintendo. On the other hand, I hope that Nintendo not being involved isn't indicative of a shift in their overall strategy. Having the backing of a large pub is always beneficial for these types of games.

Looks like you have the option to play as a male character in this one. Cool.

I'm gonna miss the brands though. Marzipan Sky 4ever

More Raven Candle and StageDive for me.

Wonder if we'll have similar brands in this one, as in, different names but same styles.

New footage from the Marvelous Game Showcase: it honestly seems very divorced from Style Savvy. For me this is a bit of a negative, but for those who really want the multiplayer aspects, it has much more of that than previous titles.

Yeah, it's more removed from Style Savvy than I'd like. My sister on the other hand is perfectly okay with Fashion Dreamer as it is.

Customization seems to be massive improved compared to style savvy at least.

...is this the new horizons of style savvy?
Sounds like a good metaphor, lol. More focus on customisation and user creation, less focused on mulitple jobs, minigames, character and NPCs.

I wonder what are the odds of getting some licensed expansion packs. I wouldn't expect any when Nintendo publishes the series but Marvelous might get some well known brands into the game. Just Kering and LVMH licenses would bring enough brands into the game.

Okay, this is absolutely the New Horizons of Style Savvy lol. It feels like there's absolutely no plot or characters going so far, which is bad because it was one of the best parts of the series. The outfit requests also feel a bit blander in general.

HOWEVER it does seem to have an absolute metric fuckton of customization options, like, even more than I was expecting; I'm intrigued by the online mode, and they did bring back decorating your own "store". Also the lolita-babydoll clothes are back so that's a me throwing my money at the screen already.

Ooh, I didn’t realize that this game actually allows you to be a male character, huh. They sure haven’t been highlighting that fact very much, at least from what I’ve seen. (Would love it if they went a step further and included explicitly non-binary options, but I won’t hold my breath for that. =P)

Do we have any further details about that yet, particularly in regard to the variety of clothing options for male characters? Like, will clothing types be gender locked or not, and will there actually be a decent amount of non-feminine clothes in the game? That’s always been my biggest issue with Style Savvy; I enjoyed the gameplay, but I just don’t care much for most feminine clothing so it’s always been a struggle for me to get more into the series.

Of course, I guess it’s not exactly the same series now anyway, since Nintendo’s no longer involved… I still don’t understand why they’d abandon the series like that. =/

Last edited:
Ooh, I didn’t realize that this game actually allows you to be a male character, huh. They sure haven’t been highlighting that fact very much, at least from what I’ve seen. (Would love it if they went a step further and included explicitly non-binary options, but I won’t hold my breath for that. =P)

Do we have any further details about that yet, particularly in regard to the variety of clothing options for male characters? Like, will clothing types be gender locked or not, and will there actually be a decent amount of non-feminine clothes in the game? That’s always been my biggest issue with Style Savvy; I enjoyed the gameplay, but I just don’t care much for most feminine clothing so it’s always been a struggle for me to get more into the series.

Of course, I guess it’s not exactly the same series now anyway, since Nintendo’s no longer involved… I still don’t understand why they’d abandon the series like that. =/

The trailer did show a couple of very GNC looks, and I don't think genders are actually even labeled as such? So we might have something pretty close there.

The trailer did show a couple of very GNC looks, and I don't think genders are actually even labeled as such? So we might have something pretty close there.
That’s nice! Though it doesn’t mean as much if there’s not very much non-feminine clothing to choose from as well, so I’m really hoping there’s a decent variety of that at least…

Interesting that this game is going to live or die by how invested the playerbase gets into the online mode. Very different from Style Savvy!

I'm definitely going to buy this out of curiosity... I feel like I'll either A) spend a few hours on it and then dump it or B) get addicted and play every day

I only played a demo of Style Savvy, but this being less involved in some areas and more involved in others speaks more to me. I think I might pick this one up to give it a proper shot. The eight minute overview sold me.

Huh. Masculine Avatar option, that's nice. I really hope clothing is not gender-locked but appearently the masc avatar has the same hair options as the fem avatar so I have hopes?

To the people wondering if you could blend feminine and masculine looks, there's a pretty nice mix today character wise. Still yet to see if male avatars can wear skirts etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom