• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

PlayStation Fan developer of Bloodborne Kart asked to remove branding by Sony

SunnyDays

Octorok
Founder
Pronouns
they/she/he
WHELP. IT HAPPENED

Sony contacted me 🫣

Long story short I need to scrub the branding off of what was previously known as Bloodborne Kart, which we will do. But that requires a short delay.

Don't worry, the game is still coming out! It'll just look slightly different 💙

Poor Lilith! I was really looking forward to playing it later this month. On the bright side, now that it'll be reworked to be an original IP, maybe I can pay her for it (the original version was going to be free)! After all the work she's spent on it, she's earned it.

8drkmp.jpg

I never got around to Bloodborne PSX (hadn't even played the original at the time it came out), but this looked really good, a true labour of love.

Shame this is how Sony chooses to acknowledge Bloodborne exists but as people have said, an original IP means Lilith can probably sell it.

Been following this for awhile and worried this was only a matter of time.

Still, looking forward to it, whatever shape it takes now.

I kinda do wonder if Palworld just made a whole lot of companies go "Um..,,we better lock our IP down a bit tighter now"
I think this'll definitely be one consequence of its success, regardless of what happens from here on out with TPC.

Hopefully it'll also encourage platform holders to think twice before they approve shoddy knock offs of other companies' IP for launch on their own storefront (looking at you, eShop and The Last Hope). Though Sony are certainly happy to get hold of Palworld, by the looks of things.

Bunlith previously discussed the possibility of this happening in a Noclip video.

this was back when the standard PSX demake was initially released, and Kart was being initially concepted.
Interesting that it's only Bloodborne Kart that needs to get the branding removed, and not Bloodborne PSX 🤔

I can't wait to see the other new character designs! This is going to be so fun!

Back
Top Bottom