• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event Famiboards Game of the Year 2022 Celebration: WINNERS ANNOUNCED! See threadmark.

I voted, but God I think the past year has been one of the worst in gaming in quite awhile.
I think that depends on where your interests lie. Maybe that's the case if you're focused on AAA gaming. But IMO it was a spectacular year for indies:

Chained Echoes
Signalis
Return to Monkey Island
Tunic
Citizen Sleeper
Neon White
Inscryption
Tinykin
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
OlliOlli World
The Last Friend
Infernax
Nobody Saves the World
Card Shark
SIFU
Endling - Exctinction is Forever
Record of Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

Etc.

I think that depends on where your interests lie. Maybe that's the case if you're focused on AAA gaming. But IMO it was a spectacular year for indies:

Chained Echoes
Signalis
Return to Monkey Island
Tunic
Citizen Sleeper
Neon White
Inscryption
Tinykin
OlliOlli World
The Last Friend
Infernax
Nobody Saves the World
Card Shark
SIFU

Etc.
Yeah for me 2022 was the best gaming year since 2017. I'm drowning in stuff to play and have already made an agreement with myself to not buy anything else until May just so I can catch up with what I already bought. Live A Live and Bayonetta 3 are just chilling waiting for me still. 😅

Chained Echoes
Signalis
Return to Monkey Island
Tunic
Citizen Sleeper
Neon White
Inscryption
Tinykin
OlliOlli World
The Last Friend
Infernax
Nobody Saves the World
Card Shark
SIFU

Etc.
Agreed! There were plenty of great titles that released in 2022. Whether it was indie, AA, or AAA. There were plenty of games.

But depending on your interest. You may feel different. Especially if you're looking for a certain type of release or title.

Chained Echoes
Signalis
Return to Monkey Island
Tunic
Citizen Sleeper
Neon White
Inscryption
Tinykin
OlliOlli World
The Last Friend
Infernax
Nobody Saves the World
Card Shark
SIFU

Etc.
Same. Spectacular year for me, I’ve only played a couple off that list and both of them I nominated for awards here.

So close. Xenoblade took every category it was in except for cutest character.
I guess that one was a bridge too far. Sena is a great character, but "cute" isn't necessarily the word I'd use to describe her

Can't believe the cat didn't even make top three. You are all dead to me

Thanks for voting for my thread everyone :) Definitely was a surprise to be nominated and I couldn’t have done it without @chocolate_supra so thanks to him too! Putting it together, I definitely gained even more respect for everyone who makes STs since it’s a lot of hard work. Glad to see the support for the ST threads here because yeah everyone really does an awesome job making amazing homes for discussion.

Also glad to essentially see a Xenoblade 3 sweep. It wasn’t my top pick for every category, but it was my personal GOTY and everyone and their grandmas need to play it :)

Thanks @Irene , @Josh5890 , and everyone else for putting this together! It was an awesome event!

Excuse me, there seems to be a problem. It would appear that the some of the results differ from my personal choices. I am troubled by the implications of this. It would seem that other votes were counted equally to my own.

congrats to all the winners! I don't think it was the best year for game variety, but the highs were pretty high. i had a few games that I spent a ton of time with.

To everyone that nominated a game/event/thread this year, thank you!
To the 106 users that filled out a ballot this year, thank you!
To the people who offered great feedback and helped to shape the event, thank you!
To those who voted for Horizon: Forbidden West, thank you!
To everyone who played a game last year and came to Famiboards to talk about it, thank you!

We are all grateful for your support and kind words. This was a lot of fun to put on.

Torn between thinking it's funny that XC3 beat Elden Ring (just..no) and thinking it's very appropriate that such a good game at least gets its due on a Nintendo forum. I had my issues with it but it was a very good time.

Thanks to everyone who put this together - always amazed at how much work people are willing to put into this stuff.

Glad to see a Nintendo game win on the Nintendo board instead of the other usual game that's won everywhere else...

.....Why is this nice to see? I haven't played Elden Ring, and I don't necessarily think it "deserves" to win over Xenoblade 3, but saying that it's good that Nintendo wins on a Nintendo based platform just comes across as fanboyism, though maybe I'm just getting too nitpicky with your wording. The game that people on the board like the most should win, not the biggest Nintendo game.

.....Why is this nice to see? I haven't played Elden Ring, and I don't necessarily think it "deserves" to win over Xenoblade 3, but saying that it's good that Nintendo wins on a Nintendo based platform just comes across as fanboyism, though maybe I'm just getting too nitpicky with your wording. The game that people on the board like the most should win, not the biggest Nintendo game.

I didn't particularly like Elden Ring and it was boring seeing it win everything everywhere along with 1 or 2 other same-y dull AAA games. And I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy. That's all really.

I wish Tunic had made it to the Top 5 of the best games of the year, but I will settle for the indie award and a podium in the action category.

Switch Sports winning something is a crime.

Unfortunately I missed the Awards, I somehow have the ability to overlook sticky threads or messages lol.

Funniest thing (that was perhaps also the most bummer thing) has been the “I don’t have to nominate Splatoon 3 for best multiplayer, someone else surely will” effect.

So happy to see the Xenoblade 3 sweep. Also glad to see the acknowledgement of Triangle Strategy!

Back
Top Bottom