• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

MissingNo.

Invalid Numeric Value #TrustTheProcess
Pronouns
He/Him
cFyQlno.jpg

Welcome, everyone, to the Famiboards Football Club! This is a hangout to discuss all things Football (aka Soccer) from around the globe — from national and continental leagues and cups, to international matches and competitions.

NATIONAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS

This is a selection of some of the most important national league competitions from around the world. Where possible, I provided a link to the official website. If you want more competitions added, feel free to ask me to add them!

Europe:
Premier League (England)
La Liga (Spain)
Serie A (Italy)
Bundesliga (Germany)
Ligue 1 (France)
Eredivise (Netherlands)
Premier Liga (Russia)

Asia and Oceania:
J League (Japan)
K League (South Korea)
A-League (Australia)
Persian Gulf Pro League (Iran) - no English website found

Americas:
Liga MX (Mexico) - no English website found
Major League Soccer (USA)
Liga Profesional (Argentina) - no English website found
Série A (Brazil) - no English website found

Africa:
Premier Soccer League (South Africa)
Egyptian Premier League (Egypt) - my browser deems their website insecure
Ligue Professionelle 1 (Tunisia) - no English website found

CONTINENTAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS

Europe:
UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League
UEFA Europa Conference League
UEFA Super Cup

Asia and Oceania:
AFC Champions League
AFC Cup
OFC Champions League

Americas:
CONCACAF Champions League
CONCACAF League
CONMEBOL Libertadores
CONMEBOL Sudamericana
CONMEBOL Recopa

Africa:
CAF Champions League
CAF Confederation Cup
CAF Super Cup

This OP is a work-in-progress. I'm open to ideas for expanding it.

Actually, due to low participation, this has turned into more of a personal blog at this point. I have updated the title to reflect that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread @MissingNo. Unfortunately for you (and the rest of you non-barça fans) there'll be a lot of whining from my end this season.

Spain-Italy tonight! Not really a huge national team follower but it's a pretty cool game to look forward to.

I'm just a casual football watcher, mainly national tournaments.

But i just wanna drop in to say: Go Dortmund.

Alright, everyone. Thought I should start off with sharing my personal favourite club — the VfB Stuttgart. You may or may not have heard from us, but we used to be a very minor deal in European Cups back in the day (as in, we used to participate on a regular basis), while nowadays we struggle to stay in the Bundesliga.

So if you think you're too afraid to participate in here because your favourite team is "shite" — think again.

Big supporter of Ajax (Amsterdam). It's a curse and a blessing. They easily lose their concentration against 'weaker' teams and I can never just comfortably watch a game. Been a while since I been in person but I try to go a few time each season.

Alright, everyone. Thought I should start off with sharing my personal favourite club — the VfB Stuttgart. You may or may not have heard from us, but we used to be a very minor deal in European Cups back in the day (as in, we used to participate on a regular basis), while nowadays we struggle to stay in the Bundesliga.

So if you think you're too afraid to participate in here because your favourite team is "shite" — think again.

I once liked Stuttgart. Then i had to drive around the city and it's outskirts for some time ... now i don't like Stuttgart anymore.

I once liked Stuttgart. Then i had to drive around the city and it's outskirts for some time ... now i don't like Stuttgart anymore.
The town itself is an ugly mess, ngl.

I just watch the big international cups, so the only thing for now:

Forza Italia!

Your squad has a lot of talent. I was very disappointed when Silas got injured. Endo is a fantastic midfielder and leader. I think pundits were tipping you to push on from last season and maybe qualify for one of the European places. Still early days but not a great start for you guys. Important win against Hoffeheim though.

Your squad has a lot of talent. I was very disappointed when Silas got injured. Endo is a fantastic midfielder and leader. I think pundits were tipping you to push on from last season and maybe qualify for one of the European places. Still early days but not a great start for you guys. Important win against Hoffeheim though.
Yeah, I'm feeling good about our squad for the first time in years. It's a pity our most talented (and top scoring) offense players Silas and Saša got injured, but at least the former is on his way to recovery and should hopefully be able to play again towards the end of the year, fingers crossed. And yes, Endo is a godsend.

Pundits aren't our only problem. A vocal subset of delusional supporters saw VfB on their way towards Euro League after last season, when most realistic ones always knew this year would be more difficult because we'll be seen in different light by the rest of Bundesliga and won't be the underdog in just about every single match.

We've had a couple of rough matches to start the season, but I'm still hopeful we'll end up safely in the mid-field and stay there until the end of the season.

Updated the OP to add some additional information. If any of you have ideas on how to further expand it, please let me know!

Hello, looking forward to participate here!

Dortmund is my favorite team and I mostly watch champions league, premier, bundesliga, calcio and la liga.

Really been enjoying the MLS lately, so I decided to pick an Eastern Conference team to start watching along with the Loons in the West; Nashville SC.

was about to post my fantasy league pickups for this week until I saw this was about international football not NFL. I will see myself out :cry:

This Week's Highlights (CW 40)
This Week's Highlights (CW 40)

Wed, Oct. 06:
UEFA Nations League
Italy - Spain (18:45 UTC)

Thu, Oct. 07:
UEFA Nations League
Belgium - France (18:45 UTC)

Fri, Oct. 08:
FIFA World Cup '22 Qualifiers
Czech Rep - Wales (18:45 UTC)
Germany - Romania (18:45 UTC)
Latvia - Netherlands (18:45 UTC)
Russia - Slovakia (18:45 UTC)
Turkey - Norway (18:45 UTC)

Sat, Oct. 09:
FIFA World Cup '22 Qualifiers
Azerbaijan - Rep of Ireland (16:00 UTC)
Finland - Ukraine (16:00 UTC)
Andorra - England (18:45 UTC)
Switzerland - Northern Ireland (18:45 UTC)

Sun, Oct. 10:
Nothing of note.

Slim pickings this week - pretty much everything starting Friday is filler based on what I think might make for some (mildly) entertaining Football. Italy - Spain and Belgium - France should be worth a watch, though.

It's a good thing this is a slow week though, because I mainly wanted to do this as a trial for the weeks to come, provided there's interest in weekly schedules such as this. Also, I know this is a Euro-centric list. The Guardian has a handy webpage for upcoming fixtures, but it only covers Europe's major competitions. If interest is high for non-European competitions and anyone knows a similar source for other regions, let me know.

Yep, Italy - Spain should be a good match. Jorginho is so good and Chiesa is a beast, lets see what happens.

I dread international football. Just give me the leagues. Way more charm, history, and culture.

Would be amazing if Italy managed to make it a draw now.

yeah Italy wasn't looking too hot tonight :( I mean they already suffered to pull through against Spain in last EURO this was mostly the same. Spain was better overall.

I really prefer the leagues so there's not much for me until the 15th.

Last night's Spain-Italy was fun. It was weird seeing Busquets play well again. Ferran might just be the "9" that Guardiola needs for ManCity, with some time and confidence.

World Cup qualies back in action tonight for CONCACAF. USMNT against Jamaica on ESPN2 at 7:45PM Eastern.

We have so many great soccer-specific stadiums here in the States now thanks to the MLS. And more keep getting built!

Japan is in trouble In WC Qualifying. Played three, lost two against Oman and the Saudis with a solitary win vs. China. Have the worst attack in the entire group. Their next match is against group leaders Australia. Could potentially miss their first WC in ages.

“Dear his excellency“

honestly I thought there would be similar almost super league like reactions from parts of the Newcastle fanbase

but no lmao, literally almost unanimously fully behind it.

I know Ashley hurt them but good grief

Japan is in trouble In WC Qualifying. Played three, lost two against Oman and the Saudis with a solitary win vs. China. Have the worst attack in the entire group. Their next match is against group leaders Australia. Could potentially miss their first WC in ages.
Think Japan should beat Australia. We (AU) have had an easy start to qualifying and Japan usually have our number. That said there it has been 11 wins on the spin so I’d love to make it 12 and knock them off too

Really excited to be a part of this thread, love talking all things football. Been a Liverpool fan since I was 8

With today's Germany v Romania result, Hansi Flick continues his reign as the second-greatest Hansi in the world.

I seriously wonder if a club other than Bayern will ever win this joke of a league again. I#m tired of this...
They've gotten big enough to the point where the only thing capable of stopping them is their own complacency. I've made my peace with that a long time ago.

They've gotten big enough to the point where the only thing capable of stopping them is their own complacency. I've made my peace with that a long time ago.
Yeah, but at the start of every season i always got a sliver of hope, that things might be different this year. And i always come back since other leagues don't really do it for me. Its just a bit frustrating being a Bundesliga fan these days.

Just joined Famiboards today so looking forward to some football related chatter. Spurs fan for my sins. Fully expecting to drop points against Newcastle today. We seem to do so even in normal circumstances.

Why would you go to Newcastle on this day and not go out to smash them early and ruin the crowd?

Now Spurs have conceded and given them more hope.

Yeah I knew that would happen. Newcastle have everything to play for now and Spurs' key players don't have their head in the game

Back
Top Bottom