• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pretty good afternoon/evening today. You have:

ManU - Liverpool in the PL
Roma - Napoli and Inter - Juve in Serie A
Barça - Real and Atletico - San Sebastian in La Liga
Ajax - PSV in Eredivise

Not too shabby.

Ajax - PSV in Eredivise

Not too shabby.
West ham vs Spurs which could be a laugh depending on who does what.

Ajax - PSV in Eredivise

Not too shabby.

I'm surprised Sky have shown enough restraint to not label the United/Pool match "Super Special Burning Red Sunday".

Can not wait for Stuttgart not to win against Union again later this afternoon, smh.

OMG! Super duper Sunday has kicked off. The 2 most important teams in the history of anything anywhere are playing. Let's all hope for a 10-10 game.

Ole still having job never ceases to amaze me
Before the game Ole said that united needed to start strong, yet they conceded early. But what is more pathetic is that he said that in the first place. Man Utd should not be going into games worried about Liverpool they should be strong throughout the game.

Salah could have had a couple more before that one.

Edit. lol

Last edited:
ManU getting ripped a new one. Ronaldo should have been sent to the showers, but alas.

Just have taken a look at ManU vs Liverpool, that’s a big fucking yikes.

And man, the Eredivisie will be onesided this year. Ajax played ten games, 37 goals scored, only two against… we really need that second Champions League for next year or else it will be a one sided story for the next few years.

PSV losing 5-0 though… they also got slapped with a 4-0 by Feyenoord. I can’t imagine Roger Schmidt staying for long. To be fair, Madueke and Gakpo were injured.

My team are down by one both on the scoreboard and on the pitch. Awesome.

Lmao, Pogba. You can watch them dissolving in real-time.

Liverpool chanting "Ole's at the wheel" as the Utd fans pour out of the stadium isn't what I expected to see today.

Fucking yes, Faghir equalises for Stuttgart, let's go!

It's over now. 1:1 after being down a man for the last 30 mins. I'll take it. Really hurts to have to watch them play with their best strikers/offense players being injured. At least their defense has become more reliable by now.

Last edited:
Man, LaLiga looks so competitive, at least this early into the season.

Why can't we have nice things in the Bayernliga Bundesliga?

You can have a nice, competitive Bundesliga.

The 2. BuLi, that is. ;p
Tho St. Pauli's pretty much bayern-münchening right now, feels like, haha.

You can have a nice, competitive Bundesliga.

The 2. BuLi, that is. ;p
Tho St. Pauli's pretty much bayern-münchening right now, feels like, haha.
True. But I never want to have to watch 2. Bundesliga with my team involved ever again, lol.

This Week's Highlights — National Cup Edition
This Week's Highlights — National Cup Edition

Step aside, Europa League. Champions League, who? There's National Cup matches this week in some European countries including Germany and England, so here's a little selection of what you can expect.

DFB Pokal — Round 2
1. FC Nürnberg - Hamburger SV (Tue, Oct. 26, 20:45 local time)
Lots of tradition on either side of the pitch. Nuremberg (9 German Championships, 4. German Cup Wins) are hosting Hamburg (6 German Championships, 3 German Cup Wins) for their second matchup this season, having already played each other in the 2. Bundesliga one month ago (2:2).​

VfB Stuttgart - 1. FC Köln (Wed, Oct 27, 20:45 local time)

Stuttgart (5 German Championships, 3 German Cup Wins) and Cologne (3 German Championships, 4 German Cup Wins) have played rather different Bundesliga seasons so far, with Cologne overperforming with their best start to a season in recent memory (13 points in 9 matches), while Stuttgart had a rough few weeks (10 points in 9 matches) with their best forwards being injured, and several cases of Covid upsetting the starting 11 over and over again.​
Borussia Mönchengladbach - FC Bayern München (Wed, Oct 27, 20:45 local time)

Gladbach (5 German Championships, 3 German Cup Wins) and Bayern (31 German Championships, 20 German Cup Wins) could not be a lot farther apart in the Bundesliga. Bayern have scored more than thrice as many goals in the first nine games, and collected twice the points. But when the both of them met on the first match day this Bundesliga season, the game ended in a draw (1:1).​

Carabao Cup/League Cup — Round of 16
I do not feel knowledgable enough to provide small write-ups about those matches, so here is just a selection of games without any flavour. Sorry.

Arsenal - Leeds (Tue)
Chelsea - Southampton (Tue)
Burnley - Spurs (Wed)
West Ham - Man City (Wed)

Also, I finally got around to updating the header in the OP. It is not much, but still better than what was there before.

Last edited:
Won 234€ against €15 because I made a bet on ‘penalty given to Juventus after 80’.’

And €88 on €6 bet for 1-1.

How did I know? Believe me, making the former prediction has never been easier.
Just for the last 3 years, I’m at +1000€ just on ‘predicting’ Juve’s penalties.

Well, yeah. ;)
I feel like I'm missing something 🧐

Whatever the case, I'm actually not too sad about that outcome. Now the team can hopefully focus fully on the league, and there's no double burden anymore. I hope that'll help in the mid to long term/the latter parts of the season.

Rayo Vallecano-Barça tonight. Should be fun, Rayo have been more or less the surprise of the season, and Falcao being back in the league is always a nice throwback.

If Barça lose today, will they sack Koeman right away?

Koeman is never going to leave Barça and I feel like Laporta is doing this just to spite me personally.

Last edited:
I hope not, but a) it's Bayern, and b) it's Gladbach, lol
Everything is possible in the second half, I'd say, especially if they should be able to score the 3:1, which will shift the dynamics again.
That's the thing. As long as Gladbach don't make it 4:0, I'll remain sceptical.

Edit: Well, whaddaya know. :)

Last edited:
I want to frame this match and hang it on my wall, right next to a certain 7:1.

Back
Top Bottom