• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
They've gotten big enough to the point where the only thing capable of stopping them is their own complacency. I've made my peace with that a long time ago.
It's a bad situation. I'm actually more interested in the 2. BL than the 1., the playing field is simply more fair and thus interesting there (and also because of Schalke, lol).

If there were at least two teams or so on par with Bayern, see Spain, or England. But this? Worst league in my eyes in terms of sheer entertainment value.

Not that the Bayern haven't earned it for the most part, I think that's rather clear.

I'd say the toxic hold on the team was more on the management side. Also, the toxic players are still (IMO) very much there still.

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm not giving management a free pass and Laporta is not a great improvement either.

With toxic players who do you mean Pique and Busquets? if so i would agree too, but not of the same magnitud as Messi (IMO)

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm not giving management a free pass and Laporta is not a great improvement either.

With toxic players who do you mean Pique and Busquets? if so i would agree too, but not of the same magnitud as Messi (IMO)
Don't forget Jordi Alba and Roberto

OMG my two teams facing in the CL tonight. Shit lol

I'm an Atletico supporter but I love pool and consider it my second team

It's a bad situation. I'm actually more interested in the 2. BL than the 1., the playing field is simply more fair and thus interesting there (and also because of Schalke, lol).

If there were at least two teams or so on par with Bayern, see Spain, or England. But this? Worst league in my eyes in terms of sheer entertainment value.

Not that the Bayern haven't earned it for the most part, I think that's rather clear.
Schalke climbed to third place this weekend, happy to see that!

Dunno what will happen during the rest of the season, but they must be getting desperate in Hamburg now. (They're already behind Schalke? Oops)

Schalke climbed to third place this weekend, happy to see that!

Dunno what will happen during the rest of the season, but they must be getting desperate in Hamburg now. (They're already behind Schalke? Oops)
Yeah, the results are good. Still not a fan of how the team's playing. It's all a bit ... laborious looking, I feel. There's a lack of creativity and ease when being the dominant team possession wise. Quite a few of the games were won by sheer willpower and perseverance, not by outplaying the opponents.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm a bit anxious about the success lasting up until the end of the season should this style of play continue.

On the other hand, results are what gets you back into the 1. Bundesliga, not playing nice football, so... Maybe they'll prove me wrong in the long term, hah.

Yeah, the results are good. Still not a fan of how the team's playing. It's all a bit ... laborious looking, I feel. There's a lack of creativity and ease when being the dominant team possession wise. Quite a few of the games were won by sheer willpower and perseverance, not by outplaying the opponents.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm a bit anxious about the success lasting up until the end of the season should this style of play continue.

On the other hand, results are what gets you back into the 1. Bundesliga, not playing nice football, so... Maybe they'll prove me wrong in the long term, hah.
Willpower and perseverance get you farther in 2. Bundesliga than playing nice/entertaining football, so they should be on a good path as long as they can keep it up, imo.

I'm sad for Dortmund but on the other side I'm enjoying a lot the Atletico-Liverpoool, what a game.

Happy that Liverpool won, sad that Real Madrid won. Ready to see my team say goodbye to this year's champion's league tonight.

Long time since I've heard any racism towards that kind of garb, back when Arafat was around it was much more common. Cultural insensitivity doesn't need to be mean spirited though.

So Milan lost yesterday. 0 points after 3 games. If we beat Porto at home and somehow win in Madrid I think we can still make it to the next round... We'll see.

Now, Atalanta pls do your Magic.

United pulled through in the end, I can't believe it! CR7 making Old Trafford explode once again.

That ManU match was amazing. Ronald is the GOAT.
Indeed. I can't wait for the next UCL matchday. At least this Sunday is going to be insane, so many good matches. Just to name a few: ManU-Liverpool, Inter-Juve, Barca-Madrid, Atletico-Real Sociedad and so much more.

Indeed. I can't wait for the next UCL matchday. At least this Sunday is going to be insane, so many good matches. Just to name a few: ManU-Liverpool, Inter-Juve, Barca-Madrid, Atletico-Real Sociedad and so much more.
Yup, also the next CL matchday will be the "Revenge" matches from the ones this week. Looking forward to see what Dortmund does against Ajax after that asskick .

My Barça is such a terrible team, and Ronald is such an unfit manager. Sigh.

Slowly getting there, at least they were able to get the 3 points yesterday. Let's see how they do on Sunday, Benzema is on fire so i'm worried.

Feyenoord going to win

Lol get rekt Mourinho

Vitesse 1-0 against the Spurs

Lmao, Bayern being the only German team to win in this week's European Cup matches says everything you need to know about the state of the Bundesliga.

E: Whoops, forgot about Frankfurt, maybe they will do less shitty.

Last edited:
I was taken aback how… mediocre Union Berlin was this match. I think they had like two chances (one was a goal sadly), but overall Feyenoord never got in trouble.

Slowly getting there, at least they were able to get the 3 points yesterday. Let's see how they do on Sunday, Benzema is on fire so i'm worried.
Benzema is the best player in the League right now. Madrid has a better team overall and a better manager. I'm terrified.

United - Liverpool is always a terrible game

Hi everyone, greetings from Scotland! I got introduced to the site for the gaming chat but it’s super cool to see informed, pleasant football discussion too. Kilmarnock FC are my local team if anyone wants to look them up. I run a small football site over at www.beefyfootball.com doing in-depth tactical/systemic breakdowns of why games have went a certain way. Would love to see some of you over there. Cheers!

That was a cracking clearance from Brighton there.

As on the line as allowed these days

Edit, they've conceded anyway.

It would be typical if City replicated our goal tally today after scoring 7 for the first time in yonks.

Not out of the question at the moment!

This Norwich team might be the worst team to come up to the EPL in a while

Still relatively early days, but it's crazy how Brentford are faring so much better than Norwich and Watford, considering how they finished behind both those clubs in the Championship.

Still relatively early days, but it's crazy how Brentford are faring so much better than Norwich and Watford, considering how they finished behind both those clubs in the Championship.
I think Norwich issue is they only have one way to play, and in the championship it’s great for them but in the PL sometimes you have to forgo a certain style to get a result

Back
Top Bottom