• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
CONCACAF!!
Screenshot_2023-03-07_at_9.png

Bayern have supposedly sacked Nagelsmann.

That's huge. And stupid.
I read it.

But why. Yeah Borussia is ahead, but jeez, you can not become league champions every year with a twenty point difference with the number two.

And for German fans, it’s great too because it’s not freaking Bayern, again

I read it.

But why. Yeah Borussia is ahead, but jeez, you can not become league champions every year with a twenty point difference with the number two.

And for German fans, it’s great too because it’s not freaking Bayern, again
They're still salty about those three consecutive draws they had in January.

A couple of months ago, I vented about VfB jeopardizing its future. I have been right, but what I did not expect to happen quite to this extent, was me being as indifferent to see it happen as I am now.

They finally did it. I stopped caring.

So anyway, what is a great PL/Serie A/La Liga club to follow?

A couple of months ago, I vented about VfB jeopardizing its future. I have been right, but what I did not expect to happen quite to this extent, was me being as indifferent to see it happen as I am now.

They finally did it. I stopped caring.

So anyway, what is a great PL/Serie A/La Liga club to follow?
I feel you man. Stuttgart have lost the faith it seems. Bloody shameful. Even Schalke could turn the events in its favour.

Anyway, I'd suggest you follow Napoli. What they are doing now is pure brilliance. An alternative would be Real Sociedad.

I've been away for four months and the Arsenal is still top of the league. Maybe I'll extend my leave until the end of the season...

Someone, anyone. Please, save the Bundesliga. It really has become a farmer league.

Teams just don't have the mental and technical capacity to compete even at the national level for the title. I am done.

Sad and comical season for us Chelsea fans. It's getting so bad I could positively bet on relegation today.

Right? I even started looking at the fixtures of the teams below us to see what the odds looked like.

Which is absolutely ludicrous given the obscene expenditure that has been made over the last year.

It's completely unacceptable for a team chasing the EPL title in the run-in to drop points from being 2-0 up two games in a row. I think this'll cost us the title and it's heartbreaking, although I hope the lads come back stronger from this.

My local team lost 1-0 in what might be a crucial fixture at the end of the season (this is the domestic league's second round, we have to play in the summer here), so it was a horrid footballing weekend for me. Onwards and upwards, I suppose.

Just realised I have not managed my FPL squad in… I don't even know how long. Oh, well.

The script is now that Chelsea and Everton are heading down to the Championship together. Don’t bookmark this post.
I would have liked to see Chelsea getting relegated just for the giggles but the atom-sized chance just vanished. Horrifying season, but at least I'll take pride in that Arsenal will go out empty-handed e.e

Amazing to win the League for the first time since 2019, and great for all the kids like Pedri, Gavi, Balde... who still had no idea how it felt.

On even better news: amazing to win it at Cornellà.

Amazing to win the League for the first time since 2019, and great for all the kids like Pedri, Gavi, Balde... who still had no idea how it felt.

On even better news: amazing to win it at Cornellà.
The ultras who invaded the field shouldn't be allowed to watch another live match in their lives. That said, the players shouldn't have celebrated like they did, just go to the locker room and go wild there.
It's crazy how Barça has gone from probably the most popular team in la Liga to the most hated in just a few years and they keep doing things like this.

On a happier note (for me :p ), Real's win on Saturday almost secures the CL spot for next year.

The ultras who invaded the field shouldn't be allowed to watch another live match in their lives. That said, the players shouldn't have celebrated like they did, just go to the locker room and go wild there.
It's crazy how Barça has gone from probably the most popular team in la Liga to the most hated in just a few years and they keep doing things like this.

On a happier note (for me :p ), Real's win on Saturday almost secures the CL spot for next year.
I disagree. The celebration was just a circle and lasted all of 2 minutes. It's crazy that Barça players are framed as provocative for this.

Teams always celebrate titles on the pitch and nothing happens. Atlético won a League Title at Camp Nou -against us!- and they celebrated with Barça fans staying on the pitch.

On a happier note: congrats on the win on Saturday. Real Sociedad has been an amazing team this year, incredibly fun to watch, and Champions League football is well deserved. I'm sure Imanol will continue to give you guys great moments in the coming years.

I disagree. The celebration was just a circle and lasted all of 2 minutes. It's crazy that Barça players are framed as provocative for this.

Teams always celebrate titles on the pitch and nothing happens. Atlético won a League Title at Camp Nou -against us!- and they celebrated with Barça fans staying on the pitch.
You're leaving out a bit of context: It was the field of Espanyol, a derby, a match of the greatest rivalry and Barça's win almost sent Espanyol to Segunda. The fans should have never invaded the field, but Barça player's actions were everything but elegant.

On a happier note: congrats on the win on Saturday. Real Sociedad has been an amazing team this year, incredibly fun to watch, and Champions League football is well deserved. I'm sure Imanol will continue to give you guys great moments in the coming years.
Thanks!

Been following the early rounds of European Cup qualification. For me most noteworthy has been the run of Faroese champions KÍ Klaksvik, who've defeated Hungarian club Ferencvaros, Swedish team BK Hacken, lost to Norwegians Molde FK, and in their latest match, tied perennial Moldovan champions, FC Sheriff.

They're guaranteed European football, Conference league at least, and will be the first team ever from the Faroe Islands to achieve this.

The Champions League has been back for two whole days and not a peep in this thread smh.

Anyways, great performance by Barça last night. Really happy to see my club succeed and then get kicked back down to Europa League once I get my hopes up.

In some wild Bundesliga news, Stuttgart's Serhou Guirassy has scored 10 goals in 5 matches. Tying Lewandowski's record from his first five matches in his 41-goal 2020/21 season.

What. The. Fuck.

Schalke's constant ups and downs have left me feeling super exhausted. The on-going frustration even in the 2. BuLi is really getting to me. ;-/

Schalke's constant ups and downs have left me feeling super exhausted. The on-going frustration even in the 2. BuLi is really getting to me. ;-/
The lack of consistency of the historical German clubs is puzzling, and I am not just talking about Schalke.

HSV is in the second division, Borussia Dortmund was once on the brink of collapse, Werder Bremen is a shadow of what it was once, Köln is even less than that and Kaiserslautern is well, Kaiserslautern. Gladbach is also not immune to bad seasons.

You might say that there similar cases in all leagues: Parma and Fiorentina in Italy, Lyon and Bordeaux in France, Everton and Leeds in England but in no other league have the historical titans failed so consistently. Especially Hamburg, Bremen and Schalke should be where Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham currently are. They either have a big supporter case, are implanted in rich regions, or both. I wonder what is wrong with their management, because that's where the root of the cause is.

If you think about it, the only heavyweights that have consistently performed at their level in Germany in the last fourty years are Bayern and Bayer. That's saying something...

Back
Top Bottom