• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think I've joined the fami fpl? Very first time doing any kind of fpl so it'll probably go badly but lets see. Time to expose my lack of premier league knowledge outside of Arsenal haha.

Libertadores semi-final today

Palmeiras vs Paranaense
FcAJ9foWIAAs5P9

Libertadores semi-final today

Palmeiras vs Paranaense
FcAJ9foWIAAs5P9
AVANTI PALESTRA!!!! Bancada lateral, que vista maravilhosa.

Edit:Que ódio!!!! Deixa anotar aqui que cotovelada na cara tá liberado no futebol. Fora isso, time lutou, brigou, mas um tempo todo com um a menos é osso, Murilo foi infantil demais.

Last edited:
Bayern has not won either of its last three Bundesliga matches (draws against Mönchengladbach, Union Berlin, and Stuttgart), and I genuinely can not recall the last time that happened.

Edit: November 2018, apparently.

Last edited:
Bayern has not won either of its last three Bundesliga matches (draws against Mönchengladbach, Union Berlin, and Stuttgart), and I genuinely can not recall the last time that happened.

Which is not a bad thing at all.

German fans rejoicing.

Now if here in the Netherlands teams actually put up a fight with Ajax...

Which is not a bad thing at all.

German fans rejoicing.

Now if here in the Netherlands teams actually put up a fight with Ajax...
Oh, of course it is not bad, I'm just a tad surprised is all.

Still very early in the season though. Doubt anyone will be able to put up much of a challenge for them over the entire season.

Hoping Barça won't pay the price for this.

Oh, of course it is not bad, I'm just a tad surprised is all.

Still very early in the season though. Doubt anyone will be able to put up much of a challenge for them over the entire season.
I still fear that might be the case.

Would be fun if it didn’t happen though and another team would take the shield

Holy shit we really are facing bayern tonight and oh my god we might actually have a chance of not getting steamrolled.

Bust realised we don't only have Lewa vs Bayern tonight, but also Haaland vs BVB tomorrow.

Edit: Lmao, I should stop posting from my phone.

Last edited:
Welp. We were a better side than Bayern for most of the game and we still lost 2-0. That's the difference between Barça and European elite right now.

Being a Stuttgart fan is nothing but pain. Should have just relegated last season and be done with it.

“[Haaland] also became the quickest player in Premier League history to score 3 hat-tricks, doing so in 8 league games and beating the previous record of 48 league games, set by Michael Owen in 1998.”

Somebody stop this man.

Lewa has been a massive, massive reinforcement. On the pitch and outside.

Yep. Lewandowski is -in spite of all the doubts I had about his age at the start of the season- a complete gamechanger. Everything is easier with him on the pitch. Not that Aubameyang was a bad reinforcement, far from it, but Lewy is on another level completely. Also, Ter Stegen is back to being a decent goalkeeper (1 goal in 7 league games) which definitely makes us a much more solid side than last year.

Now if only we could actually play well without Pedri...

Napoli is doing a great match against Ajax, hopefully this will be a good tournament for them (and for Chucky Lozano xD )

Edit: When i posted this, the match was 1-2 for Napoli, after they started losing 1-0, now they are 1-6 sheeeeeeeit

clay-davis-wire.gif

Last edited:
What a fucking joke this fucking team is.

EDIT:

Yep. Lewandowski is -in spite of all the doubts I had about his age at the start of the season- a complete gamechanger. Everything is easier with him on the pitch. Not that Aubameyang was a bad reinforcement, far from it, but Lewy is on another level completely. Also, Ter Stegen is back to being a decent goalkeeper (1 goal in 7 league games) which definitely makes us a much more solid side than last year.

Now if only we could actually play well without Pedri...

I was wrong this morning. We still suck.

I don't know what to predict about the games tonight. There were so many unexpected scenes and outcomes yesterday.

I took my nephew to the game yesterday, it was one of the coolest things I've done this year.

Whats-App-Image-2022-10-07-at-08-20-08.jpg
That's really cool. My brother is already thinking of when he'll be able to take my nephew to a game (he's 7 months now). I'm giving him a little stuffed pig with the club's crest this Christmas.

I took my nephew to the game yesterday, it was one of the coolest things I've done this year.

Whats-App-Image-2022-10-07-at-08-20-08.jpg
I take my older daughter (3yo) to our local team's games (and sometimes national team games) regularly. That's so small in comparison to this (club has 1.500 seats, national team has 10.000 seats) but it's still so much fun for her. Hope your nephew had a great time!

Stuttgart bums me out to no end. Bundesliga is finally interesting again, but what's the use when your team continues to suck like there's no tomorrow.

Stuttgart bums me out to no end. Bundesliga is finally interesting again, but what's the use when your team continues to suck like there's no tomorrow.
It's a difficult phase but you guys are currently building the foundations of future success. There is no doubt in my mind that Mislintat, Matarazzo and Hirtzsperger are doing everything what needs to be done for you to climb back to the top. With the help of local sponsors (and there are a lot of big ones), you can aim for a top 3 spot in the mid term.

That said, I agree with the fact that this Bundesliga's season kicks ass.

It's a difficult phase but you guys are currently building the foundations of future success. There is no doubt in my mind that Mislintat, Matarazzo and Hirtzsperger are doing everything what needs to be done for you to climb back to the top. With the help of local sponsors (and there are a lot of big ones), you can aim for a top 3 spot in the mid term.

That said, I agree with the fact that this Bundesliga's season kicks ass.
I am less optimistic, tbh. Hitzlsperger isn't there anymore and has been replaced with formerly Cologne's Wehrle. Matarazzo is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Losing your best players year after year isn't easy, and Mislintat is doing a great job piecing things back together every transfer period with the limited resources he has. I am confident that given enough time for the project to bear fruits, we can aim for P6-8 comfortably.

What I do not have confidence in is the patience of higher-ups. Regardless of circumstances, VfB had an absolutely terrible calendar year 2022 so far, and at some point their patience will grow thin. The mid to long term success of the project is riding on Mislintat's willingness to extend his contract, and apparently Wehrle has blindsided him with hiring Lahm, Khedira and Gentner as advisers. With the way things have been going this season so far, I think this week's match against Bochum will be the one deciding over Matarazzo's future, even though I may not like it.

The way I know my club, it will all crumble apart within the next couple of months and chaos will reign once again after a refreshing couple of years of relative calm.

I am less optimistic, tbh. Hitzlsperger isn't there anymore and has been replaced with formerly Cologne's Wehrle. Matarazzo is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Losing your best players year after year isn't easy, and Mislintat is doing a great job piecing things back together every transfer period with the limited resources he has. I am confident that given enough time for the project to bear fruits, we can aim for P6-8 comfortably.

What I do not have confidence in is the patience of higher-ups. Regardless of circumstances, VfB had an absolutely terrible calendar year 2022 so far, and at some point their patience will grow thin. The mid to long term success of the project is riding on Mislintat's willingness to extend his contract, and apparently Wehrle has blindsided him with hiring Lahm, Khedira and Gentner as advisers. With the way things have been going this season so far, I think this week's match against Bochum will be the one deciding over Matarazzo's future, even though I may not like it.

The way I know my club, it will all crumble apart within the next couple of months and chaos will reign once again after a refreshing couple of years of relative calm.
I can't add anything meaningful to what you said, lol.

If things turn out again the way you described it, then it would be a goddamn shame for Stuttgart. It's the economical heart of one of the richest regions in Europe. It has one of the crowdiest stadiums in the world. It has a rich history on both domestic and European fronts. They are the second last team to have been crowned Bundesliga champions that isn't called Dortmund or Bayern. They have a seemingly endless supplies of talents in their ranks and they have been playing attractive football for quite a number of seasons now.

And inspite of all that, they can't find stability.

I get your pain. That's probably how Real Sociedad and Marseille fans feel like.

Goddamn that match against Liverpool yesterday must have been amazing for the neutrals but it was not good for my blood pressure

Are you a prophet? Matarazzo just got kicked out.

Sacking your head coach ahead of a very important match without having a replacement at the ready, so now the remaining assistant coach will lead your team into said match, certainly is a very sensible and well thought out thing to do.

Spain, but the s is silent.

Back
Top Bottom