• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man Utd losing to Brighton and deservedly so IMO. Brighton have been great attacking on the left. Ten Hag's got his work cut out.

As a Spurs fan caught up with yesterday's highlights and beginning to feel dangerously optimistic. Our fans have been raving about Kulusevski since he joined in January and I think this season other fans will twig just how good he is.

Also never got around to it, but big congrats to the Lionesses last weekend

I’ll never get tired of United being mediocre. They’ve got a long way to go and big, expensive names aren’t the solution imo.

I’ll never get tired of United being mediocre. They’ve got a long way to go and big, expensive names aren’t the solution imo.
How long have they been like this? I’ve only been following for the past two years, and I’ve been surprised to find the team that used to seem dominant from the outside to be so middling.

How long have they been like this? I’ve only been following for the past two years, and I’ve been surprised to find the team that used to seem dominant from the outside to be so middling.
Basically since Ferguson left so 2013 or so.
I’d say the past couple of years have been their lowest though.

Well, it was no victory for Stuttgart, but an extremely solid 1-1 against against what regrettably has established itself as a top 5 Bundesliga team over the last couple of years.

Very pleased with the team!

United have never really recovered since Ferguson retired. They've been able to use their financial clout to stay competitive but that's the only reason they're still a top 6 side. They're run incredibly badly and if they didn't have the dosh to buy the big names that have carried the team over the past decade then they'd probably be mid table consistently. The club needs a clearout at owner and board level. Unless that happens they're never going to be truly challenging barring some miracles.

I wonder if Dortmund have learnt something from their past few seasons. This is the kind of games they would have bottled not so long ago.

Man U, Chelsea, Man City, RM, Barcelona etc. they can all die in a fire, they've stripped the game of it's soul with their endless corporate shithousery. I hope the bubble massively bursts.

Started the day with a little Premiere League action, switched to the Viola game on Paramount+, about two hours from now will be some NWSL action, and then the Loons match to top it all off. Sundays are for football, just not American football.

As excited as I am to see Arsenal play pretty much the best we have in like a decade I’ve completely lost confidence in Ramsdale. He’s been terrible since that 0-2 Liverpool game. He’s going to cost us and Matty isn’t good with his feet or playing out of the back, I don’t know why we bought him

Can't believe Spurs actually got that late equalizer. Think it was Romero who clearly just pulled Cucurella's hair in one of the corners before the goal? Ridiculous.

As excited as I am to see Arsenal play pretty much the best we have in like a decade I’ve completely lost confidence in Ramsdale. He’s been terrible since that 0-2 Liverpool game. He’s going to cost us and Matty isn’t good with his feet or playing out of the back, I don’t know why we bought him
Ramsdale is the reason you got so far last season. But yeah, like other Arsenal keepers before him, he might decline and lose confidence over time. That is what a bad goalkeeping trainer team will do to your man between the sticks.

I'm loving seeing most of the top premier league teams being crap. As an Arsenal fan I'm feeling like this is more and more our year.

I'm so, so happy to see Ansu Fati back.
I'm loving seeing most of the top premier league teams being crap. As an Arsenal fan I'm feeling like this is more and more our year.
I can see Arsenal definitely getting top 4 and being Europa League contenders. Right now, I think you're in a better spot than Tottenham and Chelsea, and probably the team that plays best in the Premier League. This season is very long and who knows what can happen (especially with a World Cup in the middle of it all) but this Arsenal feels very special. Enjoy it!

Hey, Jürgen, I see your team is struggling (with an injured Thiago and a subpar midfield) to control games and get results, even losing against the worst man united in the past 20 years. Mayhaps you would be interested in a young, talented midfielder by the name of Frenkie de Jong?

Back to the office and a few quick summer footballing notes:

Congratulations to England, that Chloe Kelly goal and celebration are already iconic in football history.

wtf barca, what u doin bb

Two local teams got relatively far in the Conference League (cumulatively the country's best year in Europe) and we're getting back the European spot we lost a bit ago. Very happy since my team is now getting from a horrible downswing (summer season here because of weather) to suddenly having a shot at Europe again in the next years.

Oooh to be a Gooner -- TOP OF THE LEAGUE! (I know, but just let me enjoy it while I can.)

Bummed to see Liverpool getting off to such a bad start. I wouldn't have tipped anyone else for the title this pre-season, but I really don't want to see City running away with it early on at least.

Everybody has heard it by now but Kevin Trapp decided to stay in Frankfurt and to not move to Manchester United.
This is tremendous news. The salary offer he got was three times what he is currently getting. Unbelievable.

And frankly, I am beyond happy.

Everybody has heard it by now but Kevin Trapp decided to stay in Frankfurt and to not move to Manchester United.
This is tremendous news. The salary offer he got was three times what he is currently getting. Unbelievable.

And frankly, I am beyond happy.
he clearly wants to play champions league football....lol

I mean, if I were in his shoes, I would not want to join current ManU either. Can respect that.

-liverpool going to the Ibrox
-inter barca bayern in group C
-Easy group for spurs, city and chelsea

oh.... and Benfica and PSG are going to send Juve to Europa

I really hope Cavani, even if he's 58, works out for Valencia. They're a shitshow of a club but this year they really could be onto something. If PSG doesn't buy Soler, that is.

Barça finally had a good full 90 minutes. Against Valladolid. At the Spotify Camp Nou. But hey, it's something.

Last edited:
Is there a Fami fantasy league at premierleague.com? I have a team there already in a different league, but I think it's easy to join other leagues.
The idea has been floated, but there has not been much of an interest.

Join the Famiboards FPL!
Is there a Fami fantasy league at premierleague.com? I have a team there already in a different league, but I think it's easy to join other leagues.

The idea has been floated, but there has not been much of an interest.

There is now! Let's see if the interest picks up!

Me picking my PL fantasy squad after not having followed the league for the last 3-4 years all that closely:

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif

Either way, I did it.

Yeah we were definitely far too soft for those goals. There's just something about Utd at Old Trafford that makes it so hard for us to get a result there.

We just weren’t good enough today imho. There were some positives, though, so I’m disappointed but not gloomy. Though Sambi is going to need to step up if he’s to replace Partey. Otherwise I reckon we’ll be back in for a new pivot in January.

That loss is on Arteta. Once we equalized we should have dropped deeper and calmed things down to at least give us a better chance at coming away with a point. But no. Suicide high line when we were getting killed on the counter, switch to only 3 defenders and random subs, lose all shape and get killed again. Completely fucking stupid from him.

Alex Bono is easily the worst goalie in the MLS. I opened don't resign him and he doesn't get capped for USA again.

Netherlands - Iceland in an hour and the winner goes straight to the women’s World Cup. This would be our first time in the tournament if we win or draw. Already crossing my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom