• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wth. How do you not suspend the game with this kind of fuckery going on?
No clue. It’s not as if the officials can’t see it. If I were the Egyptian federation I would launch an appeal. Not that CAF and FIFA are likely to do anything about it, but should be going down every option.

Last edited:
This Algeria-Cameroon ending is insane. Algeria scores to go up on aggregate 2-1 in the 120th or so. Then Cameroon ties it up in the 123rd to tie it up 2-2, but they had 2 away goals so they advance to the World Cup Final. Just amazing.

USA can’t lose by 6 goals tomorrow. I won’t say that’s impossible after the ridiculous circumstances that eliminated them next cycle. But let’s hope they play to win instead of a defensive game.

Should be better if the US forfeited the match, that was a 3-0 LMAO, but now it could be worse.

Well, we're in. Hope we can put up a good result at the World Cup, and then build on it when we host in 2026!

Referees get pens to be retaken due to goalies being slightly off their line or opposition players encroaching into the penalty area but I guess it's fine to shine lasers in the eyes of the penalty taker.

I'll forever rue the fact a maturing Germany didn't meet an aging Spain in tournament play between 2012 and 2014. This group match-up of rebuilding former winners might serve as a late, small make-good.

Watching Benfica vs Pool rn and the option to turn off the commentators is such a blessing.

Tough loss for Boro today. Puts them out of the playoff for the time being.
Luckily, they have Hull next, so that's good.

I find everything going on with Wrexham completely fascinating and theyve been insanely fun to watch and follow this season

Hahaha Real is choking up ahaha it is glorious to see.

Edit: Nevermind, that was a MATCH alright.

Last edited:
Bayern vs Villareal:

tempsnip2.png

Glad Atletico is out, such a disgraceful , boring, awful team.

Hopefully City goes out in Semis too, another disgraceful team, the last half of today's match was an horrible demonstration of "football".

Fuck both teams, the complete opposite of yesterday matches.

Awww yeaaah

Feyenoord in the semi’s of the Conference League! Sloppy game with a massive amount of mistakes, but hey semi’s baybeeeeee. Leicester was pretty meh, but jeez PSV choking again during a big match. Schmidt leaving truly for the best.

And with Braga being eliminated and Feyenoord getting some points, the Netherlands gain a second Champions League ticket! Yay! (Thanks Gio!)

Also, Barca what the hell you dun goofed. Frankfurt played an amazing match though.

Burnley sacking Dyche is basically submitting themselves to relegation, so stupid unless there's something behind the scenes we don't know about.

Arteta should go. Every season, it’s more than just dropping points we go on a decent run, then look like a relegation team. Whatever positives arteta has brought doesnt outweigh the massive negatives

Some nice upsets in the US Open Cup tonight. Detroit City FC over Columbus Crew, and Union Omaha over Chicago Fire.

Arteta should go. Every season, it’s more than just dropping points we go on a decent run, then look like a relegation team. Whatever positives arteta has brought doesnt outweigh the massive negatives

If we, which I'm afraid will happen considering how we've played recently, lose to Chelsea tonight and United on Saturday, that would make 5 league losses in a row and you just might get your wish fulfilled. Maybe there's a great escape in the cards, and I do hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Full minute applause on the 7th minute by Liverpool's fans (Liverpool vs Manchester Untd) in order to show support to Cristiano Ronaldo for the tragic passing of his twin:

Top class.

Regardless how tonight goes, everyone except Eddie Nketiah is going to want to forget this match as quickly as possible.

Anybody watch Major League Soccer? Considering adding "go to a MLS game" to my list of things to do in the States.
I enjoy me some MLS action. I have no illusions that it's great football, hell, it's probably not even the best football in North America, but they have managed to make the experience at the stadiums truly fun to be a part of. Hell, go to a night match at a newer stadium, like in Austin, and they'll put on a light show after every goal.

I enjoy me some MLS action. I have no illusions that it's great football, hell, it's probably not even the best football in North America, but they have managed to make the experience at the stadiums truly fun to be a part of. Hell, go to a night match at a newer stadium, like in Austin, and they'll put on a light show after every goal.
That is exactly where I would be going... intriguing. And yeah, I'm not really a huge football fan outside of major international tournaments, but I just felt like the fan experience would be worth having once.

Back
Top Bottom