• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards 2022 Pick-Up Thread |ST|

Ok1DUaJ.jpg

Now you may be wondering “beanstar40 you already own the 3ds pokemon games you want to play digitally on your 3ds, why buy sealed copies of them?” And to that I would say, because I am bad with money, and paranoid about my 3ds dying, and I know that the pokemon games in particular will become very hard to find in a couple of years. I wanted to have physical back up copies of these games.

Last edited:
Ok1DUaJ.jpg

Now you may be wondering “beanstar40 you already own the 3ds pokemon games you want to play digitally on your 3ds, why buy sealed copies of them?” And to that I would say, because I am bad with money, and paranoid about my 3ds dying, and I know that the pokemon games in particular will become very hard to find in a couple of years. I wanted to have physical back up copies of these games.
We don't spendshame here, I too double dip on some games

Cross-post from the fountain pen thread but so happy with my haul so I wanted to share here too (and this thread deserves more views and posts!)

My first Hobonichi haul from 2023 is in!

I got in the A6 Techo and also the A5 Techo, both dated and ordered them with Mother covers.

0c9c5cd1-64a4-4cab-bc5udyi.jpg

First, the A6:
img_20220920_20030048flf4j.jpg

img_20220920_20031016ulcey.jpg

{IMG]https://abload.de/img/img_20220920_20033368f7clx.jpg[/IMG]

img_20220920_20032150mkf1u.jpg

With of course great daily quotes:

And here is my A5:

img_20220920_20040857h2czw.jpg

img_20220920_20041945vudsz.jpg

{IMG]https://abload.de/img/img_20220920_20043338gfds6.jpg[/IMG]

And of course also with great daily quotes (the first time in English for A5!):

Also, every Techo-order goes with a great bag to store your Techo in:

Thanks to a friend finally got a SER5 minipc, updating my potato pc for home since it was dying. Very good for casual job and as a and also very good for emulators and even some light gaming.

gtWZ2hG.jpg

No pictures to share (yet), because it was either digital or preorders, but I've splurged this month before I leave my current job in a few weeks time:

• Splatoon 3 (digital)
  • Pikmin 3 DX (digital)
  • Nier Automata (physical preorder)
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (physical preorder)
  • Bayonetta 3 (physical preorder)
  • Fire Emblem Engage limited edition (physical preorder)

That leaves me well and truly sorted for videogames for the time being, because I'm still playing Xenoblade 3, I'm about a third of the way through Mass Effect 3 remastered, and I've got lots more I wanted to do on Sunbreak. Gonna have to try and get some Splatoon 3 in soon, I think.

Non-gaming wise, I've bought some jumpers, because adjusting to the English autumn/winter after six months of Texan heat is gonna be rough, and preordered some Tolkien special editions. Pics to share in mid November, hopefully.

rp7YxUv.jpg

I got my iPhone 14 Pro max, its an awesome phone so far, but the battery life leaves a-lot to be desired. I am a big fan of the island.

I also had some apple cash back from my apple card, i used it to grab a pair of 2nd Generation Airpod 2’s. The sound quality is excellent, and they seem to be staying in my ears much better than my old original AirPods did.

Last edited:
Got myself a wired Hori Gamecube controller, mainly for PC use. The controller is very light. I also never had a Gamecube before and I find the button placement kinda weird. Definitely gonna take some time to get used to.

5hzKOhZ.jpg

Qdlxsoi.jpg

9vmMSeN.jpg

Went to a local retro games shop today and grabbed these. $120 total, partners in time was the priciest of the bunch. But i never owned an original ds, so im excited to check these out. They work on my “new” 3ds xl, but for mario 64 i had to clean the pins so that the system would read it. All of them came content complete with all manuals and inserts

The Wii U games were $2 bucks a piece at a local library. They have a bunch more I plan on going back for soonish

Last edited:
Well some of this is from last month, but I got some late Christmas gifts today. It's been a while since I got physical games. So I thought, why not show them off here

Back
Top Bottom