• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout going free to play, releases on Switch and Xbox June 21st

There's absolutely some room for improvement, but it's actually more playable than I expected it to be. The only real issue is the choice to render every other player at half the framerate to save on resources.

It's way better on PS/Xbox, but if you only have a Switch (or have two systems but wanna play with your boyfriend/girlfriend), it'll do the job for many

Welp, I downloaded it but after reading your posts, I will uninstall before even playing it
It's not god-awful or anything, just a bit rough around the edges. It's certainly a lot closer to the PS4 version than Fortnite for example.

Yeah I have to believe there's going to be improvements here.. it's playable but the halved framerate on every other bean looks hella weird. And bad :p

I only played it in handheld and it could've played a bit better.. I also really don't like the menu it reminds me of fortnite xD

But I can definitely see why this game was a hit when it came out, it's pretty charming! It reminds me of Takeshi's Castle!
Hopefully the quality of the game will improve in time!

I understand there needed to be technical cutbacks on the Switch, but I'd have taken any other solution over the super low framerate the other players have, it just looks horrible. At least it scales with the number of players, so later rounds aren't as bad.
funny enough this perfectly aligned with my expectations a few posts above lol

Something tells me this port will have a lot of love and use smart tricks we see in the careful ports like reduced frame rates at distance to keep the close stuff solid.

Sounds like the menus make a bad impression but the game is around what one should have expected. I'm happy with it as a companion for my partner to join me in handheld mode while we have the Xbox version up on the TV!

Dang y'all are tough on it! While the lower framerate of other players is jarring, I think the game runs solid at 30 and appreciate the 720p res in handheld. I haven't played docked at all but maybe that's where it's more disappointing?

Despite having it on PC I'll probably dabble in it more on Switch thanks to handheld unless something very bad about it pops up.

Wanted to try it out on Switch. Log-in servers were dead.

Swapped over to PC. Match-making servers are dead.

But at least I got a look at the f2p structure. It's the full-on battlepass shit which may as well give you zero of the premium currency you need to buy the good cosmetics while none of the play-to-earn items provide an appealing incentive. So I'm mentally checked out on the game before I got to find out how fun it is.

Won my first show back after some time. Waluigi is number one!

PS5 and PC synced everything without issue. Switch version is missing some kudos, maybe because I launched it before realizing I should have launched my main platform (PC) first. Haven't been able to get into a match on Switch yet, but it sounds disappointing from the comments here.

It's really fun!

Comparing this afternoon to this evening, the wait time for matchmaking is much shorter now.

Just did a few matches. Game seems to run fine on my end playing in handheld.

Game seems like a fun diversion here and there.

The main menu UI is atrocious though.

More proof the switch needs a hardware update. It's playable but the compromise on animation is telling. I don't blame the developer.. it's still impressive given the age and capabilities of the OG switch.

Oh wow, I just launched this on the Xbox and the difference in the menus is unreal.

EDIT: actually, went back to switch and it’s much smoother on subsequent loads. Seems it’s the epic overlay stuff that lags it up, since when I open that it gets bad again.

God damn though this game is just right at home on the switch, I adore it! First impressions are super high.

Last edited:
Yeah not a big fan of I’m being honest, Switch is my preferred platform to play a game like this and it just doesn’t feel good. Maybe once the launch is out of the way they can begin making improvements (maybe even the next Switch system will get a specific patch as well?) so I’ll wait until such a time to try it again.

So far enjoyed the gameplay and had fun with it, but oh god the matchmaking seems to be a dumpster fire and I hope they can solve it. I mainly wanted to play this to play with friends, the first try it would not invite our friend that was playing in his PS, neither he could invite us, so we played a couple of matches in doubles and we had no problem finding matches.
After that we tried again later with a friend playing on steam, we could team up with him, but either we got matches easily or spent minutes in the finding players screen until someone decided to cancel, restart their game or something and try again.
And yeah, this battle pass thing is really shitty for the free players, you can't get enough premium coins to buy any skin even if you reach max level.

free content to claim if you have Amazon prime!
If your game suggests you to use the amazon/us website and it does not work, use your region amazon website with the /code in the end. Mine failed at first because of this.

Oh, it’s out now? I’ll give it a download and try it out. I was super excited for Fall Guys to come to Switch years ago, I’ll be really interested to see what the game actually feels like!

This is neat. I don’t know that it’s something I’ll stick with for very long, but my wife and I had a lot of fun passing the controller back and forth last night.

Won on my 6th try! We were dying laughing as my opponent literally dove for me in a last ditch effort to save themselves.

I’m having a pretty good time with this, the monetazion is gross but it is an epic game so that’s expected
The other players missing frames is weird but the actual game part works so I don’t mind too much

Oh wow, I just launched this on the Xbox and the difference in the menus is unreal.

EDIT: actually, went back to switch and it’s much smoother on subsequent loads. Seems it’s the epic overlay stuff that lags it up, since when I open that it gets bad again.

God damn though this game is just right at home on the switch, I adore it! First impressions are super high.
Honestly I don't know why a game like this should have performance problems like this.

There are games with many characters on Switch that runs better. The game has not even to calculate all the characters movement only has to process the position data. Anyway even the menu is slow... the game is just not very optimized. Disappointing.

Well, this will be a fun game to play when the Switch Pro/Switch 2 comes out.
As it stands out, it's awful; graphics on low, 30 fps without some kind of good motion blur, and the colors are washed out for whatever reason (how was this more colorful on my previous gaming laptop with a led screen than on my Switch Oled?).

As some people have said, the reason for the low performane should be of the epic stuff overlay (which also looks bad on handheld mode) and i believe that the devs couldn't do much because of it; it's a shame really, i was looking forward to it.

Tried it again. Not an absolutely terrible experience but maybe the game just isn’t for me. I don’t find it fun, especially compared to the awesome Turtles.

The port has issues but I think it's fun. I've played like 8-9 rounds and enjoyed it.

The menus are terribly laggy though, which is pretty weird.

Downloaded, tried my first match, laughed at the low framerate (15 fps) animations of the other characters, got disconnected on my second match and uninstalled... yeah no, this isn't for me.

I know it's not easy to optimize, but not only the Switch version menu feel unnecessarily sluggish (and I think they already are sluggish in the other versions), but like... I was noticing they had some shaders that were put in kinda messily lol. I think it's fine though, I can play it just fine, but I can understand why this version puts people off. Plus, it's really light on battery;

I do hope they improve the menu performance. Maybe at worse it'll be another Paladins type deal...

Game is still fun for me on the Switch though. It's better to play in handheld.

The 15fps is really distracting so I guess I'll main it on PS for now. Otherwise game is real grindy and the collision can be more frustrating at times. All the mirco transactions with it going free to play is also just kinda tiring wish games would do like a free tier and a package tier. Like keep the original price have a free tier without some cosmetics/more grindy and then paid dlc/micro transactions for all the licensed cosmetics.

I'm really enjoying the core gameplay so far but damn the loading screens in-between rounds really breaks up my flow and focus compared to a regular BR.

Won two crowns last night, one tonight... I'm on cloud nine. Not gonna pretend to be a developer but I feel like they did what they had to do to get the game on the switch, and for that I'm appreciative. I look forward to any improvements they make going along. Overall, I'm very very happy.

Last edited:
All I really care about with this Sonic collab is the Tails costume. (The Sonic-themed level is neat but if it’s only available to play for a limited time then it’s hard for me to be very interested in it…) How is the Tails one obtained? Not sure if I should even bother taking a break from Xenoblade to try and get it or not…lol.

All I really care about with this Sonic collab is the Tails costume. (The Sonic-themed level is neat but if it’s only available to play for a limited time then it’s hard for me to be very interested in it…) How is the Tails one obtained? Not sure if I should even bother taking a break from Xenoblade to try and get it or not…lol.
It's in the shop unfortunately. All the characters are, only sonic's damn shoes are in the event pass lol

Quoted by: Tye
It's in the shop unfortunately. All the characters are, only sonic's damn shoes are in the event pass lol
Oh, like…you need to spend real money on it? ._. I’ve barely touched Fall Guys so I’m not completely sure how everything works, lol. How much do the character outfits cost?

Oh, like…you need to spend real money on it? ._. I’ve barely touched Fall Guys so I’m not completely sure how everything works, lol. How much do the character outfits cost?
They all cost... too much lol

Currently, the different "Sonic" items are available both in bundles of two, as well as individually. For 1200 Show bucks, the duo of Sonic and Knuckles can be purchased. The duo of Tails and Dr. Eggman can also be purchased for this same price. Individually, these skins all cost 800 Show Bucks each, which makes buying the four of them at 2400 Show Bucks a better deal. The Super Sonic skin, however, isn't included in any of the bundles and can only be bought individually for 800 Show Bucks.

As it stands, players can purchase 2800 Show Bucks for $19.99 which is enough to get the Sonic/Knuckles and Tails/Eggman bundles. Should you want to grab Super Sonic too, it's gonna cost you even more. "Fall Guys" only provides four options when purchasing Show Bucks in-game: 1000 for $7.99, 2800 for $19.99, 5000 for $31.99, and 13,500 for $79.99. For the best possible value, you could spend the $19.99 on 2800 Show Bucks, and level up your Battle Pass to earn up to 1500 Show Bucks. Basically, if you gotta go fast in "Fall Guys," you have a few options for earning the Sonic skins.

Ah… Not sure I care enough to spend $8 on a Tails costume in a game I hardly ever play, lol. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I want to enjoy this game but... it just doesn't work for me.

This event's level simply isn't fun, and is repeated 3x for all of the rounds.

The game feels like it's held together by tape, even on Xbox. Weird quirks like the roulette loading between rounds just to... load the same level. Menu jank, etc, don't make me want to invest in anything in it.

Yeah, I want to enjoy this game but... it just doesn't work for me.

This event's level simply isn't fun, and is repeated 3x for all of the rounds.

The game feels like it's held together by tape, even on Xbox. Weird quirks like the roulette loading between rounds just to... load the same level. Menu jank, etc, don't make me want to invest in anything in it.
Yeah, I feel you, I was shocked when I first booted up the game… Very far from that Nintendo polish I’m used to, lol. I wouldn’t even mind the game running and looking like it does on Switch if it weren’t for how awful the menus are. Though that seems to be the case for a lot of these online multiplayer free-to-play games on Switch… The menus in Ninjala and Pokémon UNITE are similar (though still not quite as bad as Fall Guys).

Shit, I meant to check in on this during the Sonic event and maybe get the Tails costume, but I’ve been too busy with Xenoblade and I just found out that I missed the event. =/ What are the chances the Sonic stuff will become available again sometime in the future…?

Sonic event was super lame, gameplay-wise at least. Just one level that wasn't particularly fun.

I got the shoes tho.

I played this at a friend‘s place and had a blast. I downloaded and tried playing at my own place on a couple different platforms over several days and it just continuously says “unstable connection” right after 60 players are found and won’t let me join any server. Not a single game ever started with me. Must have tried and failed 50 times.

I don’t play games online hardly ever but I tested Mario Kart and it works fine. Of course the one time I finally want to play something else online it doesn’t work. All of our daily use (which is mainly just smarttv streaming app use) is flawless (but I know that’s not anywhere near as demanding). I average about 45 mbps both down and up. Any ideas?

My ping says around 22, which if I understand right is good for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom