• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout going free to play, releases on Switch and Xbox June 21st

Brofield

Magical Famicomrade
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him/His
fall-guys.900x.jpg

It's been a long time coming, but Mediatonic has announced today that Fall Guys is finally arriving on Switch (and Xbox) June 21st, and it will be free to play!

You can watch the video below for more information on the rest of their Big Announcement™:

E: lol whoops, guess I'm a splitsecond too late to post 😋

Nice, will try it out.. will definitely play this with my kids now when it's F2P.

A shame they couldnt hit 60FPS on Switch, but considering it doesnt hit that even on the Xbox One S it's no surprise.

I was addicted to this when it first launched on PS+ but when I tried again recently I couldn't get back in the flow. I think the courses got overcomplicated but maybe I just had my fill. Will try again when the Switch version launches though

Finally! Meant to play this on PC but gaming with a controller always feels awkward to me in front of a monitor.

I had a lot of fun with the Steam release, I’ll probably pick it back up on Switch given it’s free.

The production value on that trailer and presentation are off the charts lol

Excited to check this out for the first time with my partner, me on the XBOX on the TV and them on the Switch!

I played it a bit at launch on PS4 and didn't enjoy it at all. I found the game extremely floaty and poorly controlling. It was like if the platforming from the first Little Big Planet was 3d and worse. Honestly I found the game to be tailor-made for streamers and not people who wanted to play a game and not have huge, streamer-esque over-reactions to it.

I played it a bit at launch on PS4 and didn't enjoy it at all. I found the game extremely floaty and poorly controlling. It was like if the platforming from the first Little Big Planet was 3d and worse. Honestly I found the game to be tailor-made for streamers and not people who wanted to play a game and not have huge, streamer-esque over-reactions to it.
The whole point of the game is to have poor controls. It's meant to be super janky and funny.

The whole point of the game is to have poor controls. It's meant to be super janky and funny.
That's exactly what I meant by it being tailor-made for streamers. As something to look at and laugh, sure, whatever. But is it a good video game to play? I didn't think so. It's a game designed for streamer highlight videos to zoom in on the streamer's facecam while they go "OOHHHHHHHHHHH"

That's exactly what I meant by it being tailor-made for streamers. As something to look at and laugh, sure, whatever. But is it a good video game to play? I didn't think so. It's a game designed for streamer highlight videos to zoom in on the streamer's facecam while they go "OOHHHHHHHHHHH"

I wouldn't say it's tailor made for streamers but it is tailor made to be played with people you can directly interact with. If you don't have someone to screw over (or screw over you) and laugh about it with, then it's just not as fun.

30 fps is unfortunate, but maybe it'll look ok.
It's always better playing natively than trying to stream to my homebrewed Switch, so can't complain.

For those of you that never played, you're in for a treat; it's a really fun game.

30 fps is unfortunate, but maybe it'll look ok.
It's always better playing natively than trying to stream to my homebrewed Switch, so can't complain.

For those of you that never played, you're in for a treat; it's a really fun game.
The Xbox version runs at 30FPS, so this isn't a surprise. The game is just weirdly demanding.

The Xbox version runs at 30FPS, so this isn't a surprise. The game is just weirdly demanding.
Didn't knew that...really? I don't understand how demanding it can be, but then again i'm not a developer 😅.
Oh well, let's hope the motion blur is good.

yes the base ps4 and xbox one versions run at the same framerate and resolution as the switch version which is impressive

Beaten to it, but the game it already 30fps on base PS4 so I don't know why one would expect it to run higher on the Switch. Probably a CPU bottleneck due to the amount of characters and physics that can go on all at once.

I'm actually impressed it hits native 1080p docked/720p portable as a port from much stronger hardware.

At any rate, it seems like a game that will be right at home on Switch, and a welcome addition to the system's flourishing library.

Last edited:
I was interested 2 years ago. Not anymore, really, but well, it's free so I'll try it.
30fps is unfortunate.

It’s unfortunate? it’s 30 fps on PS4. Same resolution too, which is pretty amazing. I hope framerate is stable otherwise I would have preferred 900p/600p or dynamic res all the way.

Can’t wait for tomorrow! It’s been a long wait! Speaking f2p releases, I also wonder how’s that Ubisoft (Originals) f2p rollerblades game…

It’s unfortunate? it’s 30 fps on PS4. Same resolution too, which is pretty amazing. I hope framerate is stable otherwise I would have preferred 900p/600p or dynamic res all the way.

Can’t wait for tomorrow! It’s been a long wait! Speaking f2p releases, I also wonder how’s that Ubisoft (Originals) f2p rollerblades game…

It's been upgraded to 60 fps on PS4, if I'm not mistaken.

oh no oh no oh no

7786.png

(This is the current game icon)
Something tells me this port will have a lot of love and use smart tricks we see in the careful ports like reduced frame rates at distance to keep the close stuff solid.

Any chance there’s new of an updated icon because 🥴🥴🥴

On europe the icon is different. Is the name and logo of the game with a blue background with stars and confetti
The European icon is almost like this (could only find the transparent logo in the middle, so had to improvise on the background 😅):

h9Kb1AK.png

Last edited:
I'm excited for this, genuinely. I basically waited two years and I'm just as hyped for it as I was back then. I hope I like it and have fun

I understand there needed to be technical cutbacks on the Switch, but I'd have taken any other solution over the super low framerate the other players have, it just looks horrible. At least it scales with the number of players, so later rounds aren't as bad.

I tried the game. The performance really is bad and there's something slightly obnoxious about the presentation imo. But I'll give it another go later.

Wow is this a frustrating experience. For some reason it slows my whole system; got stuck on the Loading screen without been able to turn off the console. 2 years waiting for this…

Wow is this a frustrating experience. For some reason it slows my whole system; got stuck on the Loading screen without been able to turn off the console. 2 years waiting for this…
My guess is it's all the Epic Games stuff running in the background

Just tried a round, the game itself is fun and cute. I understand why it was all the rage a while ago. Dont know why the menus are slow on Switch. It's a disappointing port but at least it's free.

Back
Top Bottom