• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Official Tweet Ender Lillies Next Project Teased On Anniversary Tweet

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess
Ender Lillies, an awesome Metroidvania game, came out a year ago today. I thought it was going to be a one and done, but it looks like we have more to look forward to!

If you use the code provided on the anniversary tweet’s picture, the characters on the bottom of the picture reads “Ender Lilies Next Project.” There’s also some numbers included. If they mean anything I haven’t figured it out yet. Any guesses?

Anyway yeah Ender Lilies was one of my favorite games last year so I’m excited to hear more. Anyone else enjoy it and want to guess what the new project will be? What would you like to see from a follow up?

I thought Ender Lilies was all right, a bit of room for improvement, but the team clearly has talent, so they're definitely a dev to follow. I thought that maybe the "tone" of Ender Lilies was a bit generic, so if they find something more unique for a setting for the next game, it can be something special.

I thought Ender Lilies was all right, a bit of room for improvement, but the team clearly has talent, so they're definitely a dev to follow. I thought that maybe the "tone" of Ender Lilies was a bit generic, so if they find something more unique for a setting for the next game, it can be something special.
I love the game a lot obviously, but I do agree there were a few elements that weren’t perfect. A lot of people like the soundtrack for example, but I can’t say I was always a huge fan (felt like off brand Nier music occasionally, particularly the village track that you hear a lot). The story took a long time to pick up too and yeah I’ve played similar Metroidvania games in tone before. (It’s very similar to Momodora/Minoria for better or worse. I love those games, so that poked my interest)

But while it starts a bit generic, I ultimately really like what the game evolves into both in the journey and in the mechanics as you get every ending. That evolution is really what made the game feel special to me. Also love the way the map in Ender Lilies works as it strikes an engaging balance between being helpful and unhelpful.

Last edited:
My guess would be a sequel/prequel/spiritual successor kinda deal, since Ender Lillies was a pretty self-contained experience that probably shouldn't get DLC

Really looking forward to whatever the team does next though. Ender Lillies was a great experience, with excellent combat, an amazing soundtrack, and pretty solid atmosphere, and low-key solves a lot of the problems I have with the Igavania formula that it's pretty clearly inspired by. Honestly just more of the same would be fine by me (with obviously different Spirits, areas, story, etc.). Not sure what else I really think the game needs, just improvement on the areas it's already good at

My guess would be a sequel/prequel/spiritual successor kinda deal, since Ender Lillies was a pretty self-contained experience that probably shouldn't get DLC

Really looking forward to whatever the team does next though. Ender Lillies was a great experience, with excellent combat, an amazing soundtrack, and pretty solid atmosphere, and low-key solves a lot of the problems I have with the Igavania formula that it's pretty clearly inspired by. Honestly just more of the same would be fine by me (with obviously different Spirits, areas, story, etc.). Not sure what else I really think the game needs, just improvement on the areas it's already good at
Yeah I was kind of wondering about a prequel of some sorts (maybe showing the downfall) or maybe a story in a different land? I’m also not feeling DLC per se, but I do think there are possibilities depending on how it is approached.

My favorite part of exploration was poking around the map and finding the connections between rooms (especially when the map was being unhelpful). I feel like you need an all new world to do it again.

I love the game a lot obviously, but I do agree there were a few elements that weren’t perfect. A lot of people like the soundtrack for example, but I can’t say I was always a huge fan (felt like off brand Nier music occasionally, particularly the village track that you hear a lot). The story took a long time to pick up too and yeah I’ve played similar Metroidvania games in tone before. (It’s very similar to Momodora/Minoria for better or worse. I love those games, so that poked my interest)

But while it starts a bit generic, I ultimately really like what the game evolves into both in the journey and in the mechanics as you get every ending. That evolution is really what made the game feel special to me. Also love the way the map in Ender Lilies works as it strikes an engaging balance between being helpful and unhelpful.
I honestly LOVE the soundtrack, even though I'm not a big fan of Nier's. And the village track was one of my favorite ones :p. So I hope they keep that style. I will say it was a bit uneven and not all tracks were great, but the ones that were were phenomenal. Basically anything that can be described as "melancholy piano music in the rain" is my JAM.

The thing that Ender Lilies absolutely nailed was tone and mood above all else. Combat was mostly good, too. I think the biggest area they could improve is level design, especially later in the game, which I feel got worse as it went. Way too many "lock the doors and make you kill a bunch of things" and too much overall focus on combat gauntlets. Also the area with the poison fog was a bit much, IMO.

The moment I knew I loved the game, though, was when the main theme kicked in and you step out into the rain for the first time. That moment alone sold me, and I was riding that high pretty much the entire rest of the way. If another game can build on moments like that, I'm all in.

I honestly LOVE the soundtrack, even though I'm not a big fan of Nier's. And the village track was one of my favorite ones :p. So I hope they keep that style. I will say it was a bit uneven and not all tracks were great, but the ones that were were phenomenal. Basically anything that can be described as "melancholy piano music in the rain" is my JAM.

The thing that Ender Lilies absolutely nailed was tone and mood above all else. Combat was mostly good, too. I think the biggest area they could improve is level design, especially later in the game, which I feel got worse as it went. Way too many "lock the doors and make you kill a bunch of things" and too much overall focus on combat gauntlets. Also the area with the poison fog was a bit much, IMO.

The moment I knew I loved the game, though, was when the main theme kicked in and you step out into the rain for the first time. That moment alone sold me, and I was riding that high pretty much the entire rest of the way. If another game can build on moments like that, I'm all in.
Ooh yeah I’m also a big fan of “melancholy piano in the rain” songs, that stuff I loved. It may not have been 100% original, but yeah the overall aesthetic and graphics is what drew me in in the first place. I was a big fan of the first area, the water dungeon, the catacombs, and snowy castle areas especially. The save rooms were extra beautiful.

I do have to disagree though, the poison fog level was my favorite in the game lol. Tough as nails overall and the section with the heartbeat getting louder was so good! It’s the level where it completes the transition from Dark Souls measured combat into a speedy action game which I adored.

Back
Top Bottom