• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Emulation Discussion Thread |ST| Reliving our Favorites through Software, Hardware, and FPGA!

Taki Udon has his hands on the new Anbernic RG552, mostly focusing on the Linux firmware:

Not very positive on the software end of it itself, I appreciate that he always seems to be unbiased in his reviews. We'll have to see his review on the Android software but my take is that this new generation of handhelds should be a "wait & see" situation for better software performance. And I agree heavily with his criticism that it shouldn't be up to hobbyist developers to fix these for the community.

Yeah, that's looking pretty disappointing on the Linux side. Almost defeats the purpose of having dual boot, though it does seem that Taki overall prefers Android devices nowadays. You can really see the differences in priority between him and, say, Retro Game Corps, who is more willing to tinker and recommend options outside of the stock firmware later on. I imagine being close to the manufacturers and seeing them screw up despite his recommendations is pretty frustrating. Even with other firmware, though, the lacking power and the asking price is...iffy. Other products are at a better price point - Retroid for cheaper, Ayn for ~$200+, Steam Deck for high end.

God I keep looking at the Retroid Pocket 2+....... I shouldn't. I shouldn't!!

I should...
...that being said, friend, you way want to wait and see how the button and D-Pad quality is on the RP2+ before you make your purchase, per the video below.
...unfortunately, the RP2+ seems to have its own issues, if Taki's video is anything to go by. The buttons seem improved but even the revised D-Pad doesn't sound great.

The beginning of this generation gives me a real "wait and see" kind of feeling.

that being said, friend, you way want to wait and see how the button and D-Pad quality is on the RP2+ before you make your purchase, per the video below.
Sounds like they might be delaying it to fix it? I'm not gonna get one until I see reviews and see they've fixed this issue.

Sounds like they might be delaying it to fix it? I'm not gonna get one until I see reviews and see they've fixed this issue.
I'm still a little concerned about the D-Pad. Taki implied that even with the delay, it's not all that great, which diminishes the appeal of a retro handheld to me. I hope it's better in practice - if not, I'm wondering if it's worth it to look for one of these devices or if I should just hack my launch Switch, or stick to a modded 3DS. Maybe I'll finally get use out of my Vita by modding it, though I gotta dig out my PS1 disks for the .isos.

...one of these days I gotta look up PS3 modding too. I got a few classic PS games on there too...

Hey, there's a new PS2 emulator on Android, AetherSX2.

I tried it on a Galaxy Tab S4 and it didn't cut it unfortunately, it was running most game I played around 80-90%. I'll be having a Pixel 4 phone in January, currently rocking a Pixel 2, so I wonder how it'll fare on it.

Here's the Android side of Taki's RG552 review.

Ambernic missed the mark here, I think. Great screen, great buttons and controls in general, but underpowered internals and lacking software, all at a premium price. They should have either went for more power at the same price point or charged less, even with the lacking software. The value proposition of a kind of weak but not bad Android experience and a pretty lacking Linux experience is dwarfed by other options. Odin for around the same price, even a phone and a controller can get comparative results. RP2+ may have potential control issues, but it's 120 bucks with shipping and has more power. And at a high end you got the Steam Deck.

I don’t know about the utility any of these devices provides for me.

I bought myself a cheap F1C100S and it was just trash all around, from an awful d-pad to a poor screen to weak performance to a lack of sleep functionality. Then I got a Razer Kishi and a modern mid-range Android phone, and none of PPSSPP, Dolphin, or Retroarch are enjoyable experiences compared to playing the games on the original hardware or official ports/VC/BC. I realize RetroArch has a lot of options and filters to play with, so maybe with enough tinkering games would look and play better, but I can’t really muster much enthusiasm for the prospect. I’m a lot older and pickier than in the NESticle days, I guess.

I will say that — the Kishi’s mushy d-pad aside — the phone setup is pretty good for xCloud streaming. The new Android-based RP2+/Odin/RG552 should all be capable streaming handhelds as well.

I don’t know about any of these devices. I bought myself a cheap F1C100S and it was just trash all around, from an awful d-pad to a poor screen to weak performance to a lack of sleep functionality. Then I got a Razer Kishi and a modern mid-range Android phone, and none of PPSSPP, Dolphin, or Retroarch are enjoyable experiences compared to playing the games on the original hardware or official ports/VC. I realize RetroArch has a lot of options and filters to play with, so maybe with enough tinkering games would look and play better, but I can’t really muster much enthusiasm for the prospect. I’m a lot older and pickier than in the NESticle days, I guess.

I will say that — the Kishi’s mushy d-pad aside — the phone setup is pretty good for xCloud streaming. The new Android-based RP2+/Odin/RG552 should all be capable streaming handhelds as well.
It's a tricky situation for sure. Especially for those newer consoles, you need a decent amount of power and enough time and energy to tinker with the emulators to get the results you want, and it's not guaranteed you'll get perfect results. There's no perfect solution, or one that truly satisfiers my needs quite yet - it's why I haven't fully jumped in, even though I want to.

Here's the Android side of Taki's RG552 review.

Ambernic missed the mark here, I think. Great screen, great buttons and controls in general, but underpowered internals and lacking software, all at a premium price. They should have either went for more power at the same price point or charged less, even with the lacking software. The value proposition of a kind of weak but not bad Android experience and a pretty lacking Linux experience is dwarfed by other options. Odin for around the same price, even a phone and a controller can get comparative results. RP2+ may have potential control issues, but it's 120 bucks with shipping and has more power. And at a high end you got the Steam Deck.

When the community has finished with this it'll be very different prospect. They'll fix the software up and improve performance.

The Odin certainly should be more powerful, but nobody outside of Taki has seen one yet and Ayn don't have any history of delivering yet; Anbernic and PowKiddy do. I'll be watching the RG552 with interest. The build quality is good, and it's the first device I know that has a 5:3 screen which is the best ratio for everything, really.

Taki's "Should You Buy" Review of the RG552:

I think there's merit to the idea of the community improving the device, but who knows when that will be, exactly. Right now I don't think it's worth a purchase - better to wait and see how things shake out both with the homebrew scene and with other products (maybe even a second RG552 model!) before I settle. I'm especially looking forward to Retro Game Corps review though, which should be coming by Sunday. His different priorities than Taki make it a refreshing perspective.

Last edited:
Analogue Pocket - Reviews, Updates, General Information
UPDATES:

REVIEWS:

Famiboards' Review Topic

My Life in Gaming

DF Retro

MVG

Others
IGN's Review
Game Sack's Review
LMG's Anthony's Unboxing & First Impressions
Game Dodo Unboxing & First Impressions

More info as people get their handhelds! If there's any other review or information dropped about the Analogue Pocket feel free to post and I'll update this threadmark.

Last edited:
Taki's "Should You Buy" Review of the RG552:

I think there's merit to the idea of the community improving the device, but who knows when that will be, exactly. Right now I don't think it's worth a purchase - better to wait and see how things shake out both with the homebrew scene and with other products (maybe even a second RG552 model!) before I settle. I'm especially looking forward to Retro Game Corps review though, which should be coming by Sunday. His different priorities than Taki make it a refreshing perspective.

They shouldn't have to, but the community do a hell of a job on these things. I found it fascinating Taki said GameCube was playable, it's running at bloody half speed.

Sweating bullets, I absolutely need a Pocket in my life. Tomorrow will be the great F5 war to get one, didn't manage last time.

I was getting pretty excited watching those Pocket reviews. The device has a lot of promise, and I have a good amount of Game Boy and GBA games to play on the thing. I was super tempted to jump into the preorder race...

...and then I read this post by the mGBA developer describing her bad experience with Analogue. The company was initially aiming to hire her to work on an open source GBA "BIOS"; but then they tried to underpay her and then block work on her open source emulation development. Soured me on the whole thing, honestly, I'm personally gonna skip and look for other emulation/nodding solutions. Thanks to @crepuscule for bringing it up in the Pocket review thread.

Is this a good time to shop for a 4:3 emulation handheld? From what I can tell, Anbernic and Retroid seem to be moving away from smaller form factors, right? If that's not the case and there are more revisions coming, I'd rather make do with my RG351P for a while longer.

Is this a good time to shop for a 4:3 emulation handheld? From what I can tell, Anbernic and Retroid seem to be moving away from smaller form factors, right? If that's not the case and there are more revisions coming, I'd rather make do with my RG351P for a while longer.
You may want to wait and see how the Retroid Pocket 2+ is first, but if you're happy with your RG351P and don't feel the need to upgrade I'd probably hold off.

You may want to wait and see how the Retroid Pocket 2+ is first, but if you're happy with your RG351P and don't feel the need to upgrade I'd probably hold off.
Believe me, the urge to upgrade is there. I'd just like to know there won't be another one of these that's basically a RP2++ for $100-150 in the next 6-12 months.

You're probably right and I should just wait instead of fomo-ing my way into owning two dozens of these things

Believe me, the urge to upgrade is there. I'd just like to know there won't be another one of these that's basically a RP2++ for $100-150 in the next 6-12 months.

You're probably right and I should just wait instead of fomo-ing my way into owning two dozens of these things
I suppose there is the Retroid Pocket 3, but we have, like, zero details on its form factor and performance, let alone a release date. For all we know it'll be another widescreen handheld.

But I feel you - I wanna jump into the scene, but I also don't want to dive in only for something better to come out soon after!

I was getting pretty excited watching those Pocket reviews. The device has a lot of promise, and I have a good amount of Game Boy and GBA games to play on the thing. I was super tempted to jump into the preorder race...

...and then I read this post by the mGBA developer describing her bad experience with Analogue. The company was initially aiming to hire her to work on an open source GBA "BIOS"; but then they tried to underpay her and then block work on her open source emulation development. Soured me on the whole thing, honestly, I'm personally gonna skip and look for other emulation/nodding solutions. Thanks to @crepuscule for bringing it up in the Pocket review thread.
Not to dismiss her experience here since I'm certain it caused grief and anxiety, but from my experience from when I freelanced software development, this is pretty typical. The initial offer was definitely pretty low and I agree the shifting of terms for development on mGBA is gross. When it comes to negotiations though, there is going to be a lot of back-and-forth because you're both parties trying to gain from something here and both parties should be clear on terms & expectations. Granted, I'm not sure if Discord is really a good place to negotiate on something like that, but to me it seems like the story is about a negotiation that didn't work out but the split seemed amicable.

Analogue could have done better but that's how a for-profit corporation operates and they do so because, unfortunately, it often works. And I don't say that to excuse or dismiss the system; it really shouldn't be like that.

I'm including the story in the threadmark though since it's part of the Analogue Pocket story and I don't want this thread to simply be about buying all these products. It's no better than being free advertising in that case. If people are uncomfortable buying products from companies like Analogue because of how they operate then they should know about how they operate.

Not to dismiss her experience here since I'm certain it caused grief and anxiety, but from my experience from when I freelanced software development, this is pretty typical. The initial offer was definitely pretty low and I agree the shifting of terms for development on mGBA is gross. When it comes to negotiations though, there is going to be a lot of back-and-forth because you're both parties trying to gain from something here and both parties should be clear on terms & expectations. Granted, I'm not sure if Discord is really a good place to negotiate on something like that, but to me it seems like the story is about a negotiation that didn't work out but the split seemed amicable.

Analogue could have done better but that's how a for-profit corporation operates and they do so because, unfortunately, it often works. And I don't say that to excuse or dismiss the system; it really shouldn't be like that.

I'm including the story in the threadmark though since it's part of the Analogue Pocket story and I don't want this thread to simply be about buying all these products. It's no better than being free advertising in that case. If people are uncomfortable buying products from companies like Analogue because of how they operate then they should know about how they operate.
I think this is a fair take. Analogue should've behaved better, but this doesn't seem that unusual for business. They'll always try to low ball and get the most they can.

Yeah, I'd say that's reasonable. Business is business, for better or for worse, and Analogue wants the best deal. I also wouldn't shame anyone for getting an Analogue product, they're legitimately great pieces of tech. I think people can read for themselves and make a judgement accordingly.

It's a few days late, but might as well share it - here's Retro Game Corps' 50 minute preliminary review of the RG552:

He posted a handy graphic, which I think sums up who should and shouldn't buy the device at this time pretty well.
3VRl2HBSzoRh5HQr7T7rMZLQuqTMI9pwlOwcIn_DCzMEECN4EWErmvrTql617IDtYVwwBdEbTu_7CA=s1024-nd-v1
Meanwhile, Taki has stated that Retroid Pocket 2+ preorders are beginning to ship. Really curious about how that device stacks up, or if it's worth waiting for other systems first.

I was recently thinking back about Deadly Premonition and the thought of 2 came up, and I'm curious if anyone here has tried that game in emulation yet?
I remember 2 receiving a two or three patches which changed a handful of things, but I have no idea what the frame-rate actually does with those patches and I'm curious if emulation somehow improves the issues the game has (including the resolution). Honestly, I do want to return to the game, but the actual performance is absolutely bonkers...
Dear god no, playing the PC port of the first was torture enough. Jesus christ. Incredible game, subpar executable file!

I have a semi broken nintendo 3ds

Circle pad ripped off
Touch screen is scratched
ZR is broken
It turns off sometimes
It looks busted up

But I have games on it I still want to play, and I’ve heard there is a Sega / Atlus 3ds sale on the eshop now. Can I rip games for it and play on xbox series x? I saw a tutorial for nintendo ds, but not for 3ds.

I have two Sega Saturn games and a ps2 game on the series x and it works well.

I have a semi broken nintendo 3ds

Circle pad ripped off
Touch screen is scratched
ZR is broken
It turns off sometimes
It looks busted up

But I have games on it I still want to play, and I’ve heard there is a Sega / Atlus 3ds sale on the eshop now. Can I rip games for it and play on xbox series x? I saw a tutorial for nintendo ds, but not for 3ds.
I've done a little digging, and I'm not sure if Citra works well (or at all) on RetroArch for the Xbox Series consoles. I hear that Citra does not have DirectX 11 or 12 support and thus won't run, but I don't have an XSX or XSS, so I haven't tried it myself. I wouldn't rush to mod your 3DS if you specifically want your games on Xbox, sorry to say.

If you don't mind playing on PC or a separate device like an Android phone, this guide should help you install custom firmware and rip your games, both digital and physical titles.

I've done a little digging, and I'm not sure if Citra works well (or at all) on RetroArch for the Xbox Series consoles. I hear that Citra does not have DirectX 11 or 12 support and thus won't run, but I don't have an XSX or XSS, so I haven't tried it myself. I wouldn't rush to mod your 3DS if you specifically want your games on Xbox, sorry to say.

If you don't mind playing on PC or a separate device like an Android phone, this guide should help you install custom firmware and rip your games, both digital and physical titles.
Thank you for the reply! I was about to edit my post, as I found out some of the same (but not as detailed) as what you wrote. Sadly I have an iphone, but I plan to switch to android in a year or so. I guess I’ll wait for that change to play 3ds games. It looks better to play 3ds games on a phone with a controller clip, than a pc.

Edit: thank you for the game. It’s safe to buy games. (Who knows how long we’ll still see 3ds games for sale).

If only GB and GBA would be on NSO, then my urge to buy one of these pirate emulation tools would go away.

Couldn’t Nintendo sell emulated Nintendo DS games to be played vertical-oriontation with detached joy cons? Just thought about that after reading your comment about NSO @Intoxicate
The Wii U has the same size screen as the Switch and ran most DS games with the screens stacked one on top of the other in horizontal orientation. A few games (touch-based) had the rotated/vertical layout.

The Wii U has the same size screen as the Switch and ran most DS games with the screens stacked one on top of the other in horizontal orientation. A few games (touch-based) had the rotated/vertical layout.
Good point.

But with detached joycons, having emulated ds games shown vertical on switch could work.

The reason I want this is that I no longer have any DS-line hardware in good condition. So it makes me wish I could play my games on other hardware. I guess emulated on android will be the solution I will try in a year.

Couldn’t Nintendo sell emulated Nintendo DS games to be played vertical-oriontation with detached joy cons? Just thought about that after reading your comment about NSO @Intoxicate
This has actually been possible for a while on modded Switches. The screen's resolution means that integer scaling would be pretty small though so it needs some filtering/interpolation. Otherwise though add a Flipgrip and it'd work great.

IMG_20211224_151627.jpg
IMG_20211224_151706.jpg

This has actually been possible for a while on modded Switches. The screen's resolution means that integer scaling would be pretty small though so it needs some filtering/interpolation. Otherwise though add a Flipgrip and it'd work great.
That’s exactly what I wanted! Maybe one day I’ll try it, if Nintendo doesn’t provide an official method.

That would be like if all shoot'em up released on Switch were cocktail mode only: It's highly limiting and impractical, and you let out Switch lite users

So it begins...Taki's RP2+ review.

I won't lie, I'm tempted. Perhaps it'll be better to wait for the RGC review, but screen bleeding issues aside, the RP2+ seems like a good deal for the money. Just don't expect portable PS2 and GC besides very light cases.

Well, I'm sold on the RP2+. N64 and Dreamcast are the main attraction for me, but seeing PSP at 2x resolution and many DS games being rather playable thanks to the touch screen turn this into a no-brainer for me.

I'm eager to see for myself if the battery life tests in Taki's review are accurate. If so, this thing is going to put a lot of my old handhelds to rest for good:
moHUzfu.png

Paging @Derachi - Here it is: the Retro Game Corps RP2+ review:

There are a few things to keep in mind - notably, it seems that PS1 has issues reaching higher than 1x resolution, but it's still a pretty good deal for the price. Taki's review seems more glowing (I feel like he always liked the Retroid Pocket 2 line more than most?), but both recommend the device. For the ~$110-120 dollar price range (counting shipping here), it's hard to beat the performance you're getting.

My personal takeaway on the emulation handheld scene right now - take this all with a grain of salt, I wouldn't consider myself an expert, just someone who watches lots of coverage:
  • Older RK3326 options may still be desirable if you want good PS1 and below performance with some caveats like not perfect SNES on harder to run games.
  • Likewise, hacked 3DS and Vita are good choices if you have them and want to run games on official hardware. 3DS works nicely for (some) NES, GB, GBA, DS and 3DS - add in N3DS and you get some SNES and better performance. I think it can technically run some PS1 too, PS Vita got below PS1 systems handled nicely, plus fantastic PS1 and PSP, let alone native Vita games. I really gotta hack my Vita sometime...that and my launch Switch, which is another option for higher performance on "official" hardware.
  • If you want a more budget option that can handle systems up to PS1, the Miyoo-Mini could be a good option. It normally goes for 40-50, but I've seen it at 60, which is still not the worst if you value size and portability.
  • RG552 has a great screen and solid buttons/sticks, but the performance for the price isn't ideal and there's a big wait for custom Linux firmware. I think the device can be made better but I wish it had more power - or maybe it went for a 720p screen instead of 1080p for a cheaper cost. I wonder if the premium gamble will pay off for Anbernic or if they'll change course.
  • Retroid Pocket 2+ is great for the price (not sure about EU shipping, but to the US counting shipping it's 112 bucks), though PS1 performance needs to be kept to 1x (unless RGC didn't optimize perfectly) and PSP isn't ideal at a 4:3 screen. Honestly might be the system for my needs right now - better SNES plus all the old consoles are handled great, decent PS1, enough N64, DS and below, and SOME GC, but not much. I'll at least think about it, or maybe I'll finally give in and hack my Switch and Vita. I wonder how the RP3 will be.
  • Ayn Odin is still a big ol' question mark. May be good! May not be good. Wait and see.
  • Analogue Pocket is your luxury option for portable games, and could be ideal if you got a big physical collection (or not given some current emu issues - sorry @Brock Reiher lol). I got my qualms with how they handled development (we've talked about that earlier in the thread, not gonna linger on it much), and there needs to be some firmware updates for the system and dock, but it's hard to argue against many of the device's pros if you're willing to wait for shipping. Could we get a horizontal model in the future? That'd be nice.
  • If you want more power, you probably already preordered a Steam Deck or are highly considering it, lol. Really curious to see reviews of it in practice.

The Pocket 2+ looks remarkable for the price, despite the PlayStation being surprisingly less impressive than you'd expect. N64, Dreamcast and PSP are a lot better than RK3326. DS is potentially really good if the touch screen weirdness is sorted. GameCube is a lolnope for me.

If anyone else is looking to get into handhelds this year, Russ from Retro Game Corps released a video covering his favorite handhelds of 2021 (not necessarily released last year, but what he played last year), which serves as a good look back at the options for emulation handhelds we have right now:

A notable point to bring up - Russ declares the RP2+ the best retro handheld of 2021, but his favorite is the RG552, specifically for its luxury quality for playing 8/16 bit and arcade games. Goes to show that it's important to consider the different aspects of a handheld before you jump in, especially if you intend to make on your main emulation device.

Luckily, Russ made an infographic with his grading scale:

DNkkx3aaHPI3HEWA3qJo6KAI-GgDytWouYz0gB-pFNgeGP-nErQ011dfgm4d8KQQCFoPkcxwZmL5eZY=s1600-nd-v1

• I gave the PS Vita an "8" in performance not due to its emulation power, but the fact that it can play PSP perfectly and can also play Vita games, which the others cannot. In general, my grades for performance aren't about processing power, but the sheer amount of systems that are playable on the device.
  • For the Connectivity section, I assessed whether it had built-in WiFi (which I gave an 8 due to its convenience), and then gave a 9 if it had Bluetooth and/or 5GHz WiFi. I gave it a "6" if you could use a USB WiFi dongle, and I gave the OpenDingux devices a 5 since at the very least they have USB FTP. For me, a "10" would be if it had WiFi 6.
  • For Interface, I gave the RG552 the highest score because it can dual boot and therefore doubles your OS options. Of course, it still needs custom firmware to reach that potential.

Taki Udon has finally gotten his hands on the Odin Pro. He made a video about it, but it's very much a first impressions video.

I'm really curious to see other opinions, especially since Taki was always a heavy proponent for the Odin.

The Miyoo Mini is starting to come into its own with a new custom firmware:

All of these updates fix one of my big issues with the device - a bad aspect ratio for systems like GB and GBA - and there are some other goodies in there too. All this makes the device a fantastic budget system.

So, i need a little bit of help or at the very least knowing than someone is also having similar issues.

Basically, Retroarch-PC Version stopped working with Vulkan just all of the sudden, it was fine today´s morning. Now every time that i try to run a game that uses Vulkan as a video driver it crashes, and I get an error message saying "Panic Triggered" or something like that.

The work around is that i just changed the global configuration to the gl driver and i can continue playing games, even GC and Wii, but this also means that I’m unable to use emulators like Duckstation since it automatically crashes on me.

Searching for the little info I could find in Internet is that similar past issues were related to drivers not being updated (among other things) so I did all the TS steps i could find without success, this is what I have done so far:

1. Ensure that all my video drivers are updated , together with any possible update i was missing from my Laptop
2. Disabled and reenabled my GPU in the device manager menu
3. Re installed my GPU drivers from the GFORCE Experience app
4. Updated RetroArch to the latest version
5.Updated all cores and assets inside RetroArch
6. Restored all cores that use Vulkan such a Duckstation

Neither of these were successful, but also I noticed some poor performance that was not there before, for example in Beetle I can´s set the internal resolution to X8 without having MAJOR slowdown, even when before today i was able to set it as X16 without issues.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. At the very least if someone can confirm they are having the same issues will be great, maybe NVIDIA have not released a needed driver or something, that will give me calm since if you break something in RetroArch is a major pain in the ass to fix.

I hacked my launch Switch today, I use the OLED as my main unhacked one. I tried out some emulation on it and just have a few questions. I'm also in the process of installing Retroarch.

1. On pSNES, I was emulating Shin Megami Tensei and there's this occasional crackling. Any idea what I can do to fix that?
2. I wanted to mess around with Devil Summoner PSP on PPSSPP. Unfortunately there's always one point where the emulator crashes: When you're leaving and going back to the world map after dropping Kumiko off at the university. I tried this on PC on PPSSPP and it does not crash there. Is there any fix for this? I was hoping to play the eventual fan translation that's under development on my Switch but this would be a roadblock to that.

I hacked my launch Switch today, I use the OLED as my main unhacked one. I tried out some emulation on it and just have a few questions. I'm also in the process of installing Retroarch.

1. On pSNES, I was emulating Shin Megami Tensei and there's this occasional crackling. Any idea what I can do to fix that?
2. I wanted to mess around with Devil Summoner PSP on PPSSPP. Unfortunately there's always one point where the emulator crashes: When you're leaving and going back to the world map after dropping Kumiko off at the university. I tried this on PC on PPSSPP and it does not crash there. Is there any fix for this? I was hoping to play the eventual fan translation that's under development on my Switch but this would be a roadblock to that.
No idea as far as measing with the settings of those emulators goes, but you could always just run SMT in Retroarch and skip the crash point in DeSu via PC save/save state, and see if the rest of the game runs fine on Switch after that point.

No idea as far as measing with the settings of those emulators goes, but you could always just run SMT in Retroarch and skip the crash point in DeSu via PC save/save state, and see if the rest of the game runs fine on Switch after that point.
That's a good idea about DeSu. I tried SMT1 on RetroArch using the Current Snes9x Core, and still had the occasional crackles. It's not unbearable or anything and it's very minor, but I notice it lol.

With RPCS3 becoming really impressive as of late, are there any PS3 exclusive titles that really benefit from being emulated? Drakengard 3 running at a solid 60 has been a game changer.

Back
Top Bottom