• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Elden Ring Hype Thread [Release date February 25th, 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Souls fan here! Beaten all of them and gotten the platinum trophies in Dark Souls, Sekiro, and Demon’s Souls PS5.

Very excited for Elden Ring. FromSoft is the best in the biz.

DS2 and Sekiro are some of my favorite games so i'm really excited for Elden Ring.

Hell yeah, let's go! There's no dev like From Software. I've spent countless hours doing stupid gimmicky runs in their games and I can't wait to do it all over again in Elden Ring

It's been at the top of my hype list since announcement, can't believe it's just around the corner.

It looks incredible. Like a game straight from my dreams. The only problem is that I hope I can get my hands on a PS5 or Series X by the time it comes out.

But yeah, this game is right up there with BotW 2 and Silksong in terms of hype for me.

I swore off From games after Bloodborne and Sekiro both became too hard for me to enjoy. I never came close to finishing either, and my wife called me out as being very unpleasant when I struggled with a boss - super grumpy vibes :|

Yet I find the world/aesthetic of these irresistible. Against my better judgment I’m pretty excited and I can only hope that there’s a way for me to close some of the difficulty gap with a grind or coop with a friend.

I'll post some screenshots if y'all don't mind.

8gWTFzyHLQXnTGiVhRLeea-1280-80.jpg

LmAfGUNBTVJ3M46k3fvPMG-1280-80.jpg

6MU43CEok5PAyxodUQWayG-1280-80.jpg

pW6CbDS2W4EtumqBfphzpF-1280-80.jpg

brMtZimKbvV3E92KWLv9GG-1280-80.jpg

Ohhhhh, Elden Ring...

My XSX is ready! I’ve been a fan of the series since day one. I typically played them on PlayStation, but I’m not a fan of the Dualsense at all so I will be going XSX for this one.

Never played a FromSoftware game before. Funnily enough, one of my lasting memories of Game Informer magazine when I was a kid was an issue where they were covering Demon's Souls. It caught my attention and was always something I wanted to pick-up but just never did for whatever reason. Dark Souls similarly interested me, but again just never actually pulled the trigger to purchase. I might just go ahead and pick this up since it's a fresh break from their other series.

Now that Dread is out, Elden Ring is the next game I'm excited for. Can't wait. I consider From Software one of the best development houses on the planet.

Can't wait to cheese it like all the other Souls !
The one I cheesed the most was definitely Sekiro. So many glitched bosses in the day one version that allowed you to steal some fatal blows lmao.

Extremely excited, the last couple months of this year + the first couple months of 2022 are really good for gaming.

I say this like Zelda and Dark Souls fan, I am way more hyped for this game than for Zelda BotW 2.

Last edited:
Game is releasing 1 day after my bday so ofcourse! Same for pokemom legends so ill switch between both those days. Bht yeah a open world like dark souls game is a dream come true kinda!

Very excited, we're going to be so spoiled come January with Elden Ring and Legends pretty much on top of each other. @Launchpad and I co-oped the entirety of Demon's Souls and Bloodborne earlier this year lol looking forward to whatever shenagins we can get up to on the multiplayer side of things especially

I love all souls games so my hype is big. I do hope (but don't expect) that I get my steam deck in time. I think that would be my botw moment for the steam deck.

If not I'm gonna play it on my pc.

This'll be my January game over Legends Arceus for sure. Looks much more appealing to me than even Dark Souls 3 did. Hyyyyype~

Absolutely hyped. Other than BOTW2, it's probably my most anticipated game right now (well, SMTV too, but it's almost out!)

Damn, didn't realize Elden Ring is releasing this january already.
I keep forgetting it's so close. I'm honestly surprised it didn't get delayed, I half expected it to be pushed back at least a little bit, but the closer we get to it that seems less and less likely. Fingers crossed!

I have some love hate relation with the Soul games. But since GRRM is working on this game I'll be there day one.

I remember hearing that this game got delayed a ton internally, but the fact that it has been rated in multiple places already; I think it is probably hitting its release date. It also got a Steam page a little while ago. Could we see it at The Game Awards?

I have some love hate relation with the Soul games. But since GRRM is working on this game I'll be there day one.
GRRM basically wrote the background lore of the world. His influence will be there, but it may not be as front and center as some people are expecting.

Then again, I thought some of the world building in ASoIaF was fantastic, particularly when it came to once great civilizations that eventually fell to ruin.

I remember hearing that this game got delayed a ton internally, but the fact that it has been rated in multiple places already; I think it is probably hitting its release date. It also got a Steam page a little while ago. Could we see it at The Game Awards?
I imagine that's the most likely place we see it next, though I'm hoping they end up releasing the closed-door demo they've shown to the press.

I mean, they probably know they can easily get away with showing nothing since the names involved will do all the advertising for them, but it would be nice to see something more substantial on the gameplay front

The Game Awards is only a little over a month before the release date, and the first real trailer (well, pretty much the only one) was shown off by Geoff Keighley. So I'd honestly be pretty shocked if it wasn't there

I wish I had a console/PC that could play this... Maybe on Switch 2 Pro.

This will sound sacrilegious, but I enjoyed the Demon's Souls remake more than Bloodborne. Here's hoping Elden Ring manages to hit a good spot between the two.

GRRM basically wrote the background lore of the world. His influence will be there, but it may not be as front and center as some people are expecting.

Then again, I thought some of the world building in ASoIaF was fantastic, particularly when it came to once great civilizations that eventually fell to ruin.

Agreed. The 4th book's narrative pacing was terrible, but the world-building in that particular one was superb.

Ooooooh, Elden Ring!

I'm so excited for this one. Not going to watch any more trailers or anything, I want to go in as blind as possible. In the meantime, it's almost time for my annual replay of Bloodborne, which I tend to do sometime in October.

I am a big Souls fan, myself. I got pretty burnt out on the games with Dark Souls 3, and I'm still not really feeling the hype for Elden Ring. I think this will change as we get closer to release and get to see more of the game. Everything about the game sounds great - especially that they're returning to more world progression freedom à la Dark Souls 1.

Showing new stuff on a vtuber stream a few months out from release with absolutely no other marketing is so wild lol.

I am a big Souls fan, myself. I got pretty burnt out on the games with Dark Souls 3, and I'm still not really feeling the hype for Elden Ring. I think this will change as we get closer to release and get to see more of the game. Everything about the game sounds great - especially that they're returning to more world progression freedom à la Dark Souls 1.
What I'm really hoping is that the game is more or less like the early part of Dark Souls 1, but turned up to 11. So, right off the bat you can go to (most) every area (I'm sure there will still be some blocked off), but some areas will be much more difficult than others due to the enemies you encounter there. So while certain areas are more obviously the "you should probably go here first" places, there's nothing that forces you to do so, and you might try to tackle some of the harder spots first in order to maybe get better gear, etc. Lots of risk vs reward going on.

What I really hope DOESN'T happen is that the game uses some kind of enemy scaling/area morphing that dynamically changes areas up based on how far into the game you are. As in, all zones are more or less similarly difficult at first, but if I beat Zone 1 then every other zone gets 'upgraded' with harder enemies and other things. I'm not saying this couldn't be done well, but in general games that have implemented systems like this usually don't work very well or have massive balance problems.

What I'm really hoping is that the game is more or less like the early part of Dark Souls 1, but turned up to 11. So, right off the bat you can go to (most) every area (I'm sure there will still be some blocked off), but some areas will be much more difficult than others due to the enemies you encounter there. So while certain areas are more obviously the "you should probably go here first" places, there's nothing that forces you to do so, and you might try to tackle some of the harder spots first in order to maybe get better gear, etc. Lots of risk vs reward going on.

What I really hope DOESN'T happen is that the game uses some kind of enemy scaling/area morphing that dynamically changes areas up based on how far into the game you are. As in, all zones are more or less similarly difficult at first, but if I beat Zone 1 then every other zone gets 'upgraded' with harder enemies and other things. I'm not saying this couldn't be done well, but in general games that have implemented systems like this usually don't work very well or have massive balance problems.
All the pre-release information so far seems to point in your desired direction. I believe Miyazaki stated that there is an intended path that's accessible if players choose to follow it, but they are free to explore on their own and tackle the kingdoms in different orders. In a way, it really does sound like we're getting the first half of Dark Souls 1 turned up to 11! That's exactly what I've been wishing for since the first game. I'm surprised they didn't follow up on this world design until now.

Cmoooon I can't wait for this anymore!! I really wish we could install moonlight on the Switch so I could play in bed

I really do hope the game ends up being great.

Doing a great open world is a hard task because it can easily become boring up to a certain point.

Looking forward to this. I beat Bloodborne earlier this year after dropping it about a month after launch because of BSB and have slowly been working through DeS and DS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom