• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Steam eight more classic Dungeons & Dragons DOS games are getting re-released this month. (SNEG)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Shadow Sorcerer, War of the Lance, Heroes of the Lance and Dragons of Flame.

the GOG news article (and Steam description) suggests that these are the first D&D games ever made, though this isn't quite the case.
the Intellivision received a licensed D&D game back in 1982, pre-dating Heroes of The Lance by about 6 years.
saying they're the first D&D games on DOS is a bit more accurate, though Pool of Radiance was released the same year as Heroes of The Lance. and the rest of them are spread out around the same time period as the previously re-released Gold Box titles.

still, their licensed nature makes the fact they were even brought back at all a bit notable. and continues SNEG's early work of sorting out those rights.

Oh this is very cool. I've been looking into trying out some of these older DND games when I've got the time for some retro gaming.

I've been curious about DragonStrike especially for a long time so this is a welcome development.

Back
Top Bottom