• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Reviews EDGE Magazine #367 review scores + The 2021 EDGE Awards

mazi

picross pundit
fh2dnkbwuauk42t3cjnc.jpeg

Reviews:
Halo Infinite - 8
Solar Ash - 7
Battlefield 2042 - 6
The Gunk - 7
Fights in Tight Spaces - 6
Heavenly Bodies - 6
Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator - 6
Clockwork Aquario - 6
Dungeon Encounters - 9
The Eternal Cylinder - 7
Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - 4
Unsighted - 8
Cruis'n Blast - 6
Dap - 6
Toem - 7

Cover - Elden Ring
Hype - Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course, We Are OFK, The Past Within, Mini Maker: Make a Thing, Inua: A Story in Ice and Time, Call Me Cera
Hype Roundup - Sonic Frontiers, Thirsty Suitors, Nightingale, Alan Wake 2, Slitterhead
Studio Profile - Studio Fizbin
The Making of - Oxenfree
Time Extend - Frame Gride
The Long Game - Valheim

The EDGE Awards:
Playstation Game of the Year: Deathloop (runner-ups: Returnal, Jett: The Far Shore)
Xbox Game of the Year: Forza Horizon 5 (runner-ups: Psychonauts 2, Halo Infinite)
Nintendo Game of the Year: Monster Hunter Rise (runner-ups: Metroid Dread, New Pokémon Snap)
PC Game of the Year: Wildermyth (runner-ups: ElecHead, Inscryption)
VR Game of the Year: Resident Evil 4 VR (runner-ups: Hitman 3, Maskmaker)
Best Visual Design: Psychonauts 2 (runner-ups: Genesis Noire, The Artful Escape)
Best Audio Design: Jett: The Far Shore (runner-ups: Sable, Chicory: A Colorful Tale)
Best Storytelling: Unpacking (runner-ups: Wildermyth, Marvel's Guardians of the Galazy)
Best Debut: Wildermyth (runner-ups: Exo One, The Forgotten City)
Best Performance: Erika Mori as Alex Chen in Life is Strange: True Colors (runner-ups: Maya Saroya as Meena Hughes in Last Stop, Jason E. Kelley and Ozioma Akagha as Colt and Juliana in Deathloop)
Publisher of the Year: Devolver Digital (runner-ups: Xbox Game Studios, Capcom)
Studio of the Year: Arkane Lyon (runner-ups: Double Fine, Worldwalker Games)
Best Games of the Year:
  • 10. Psychonauts 2
  • 9. Returnal
  • 8. Bonfire Peaks
  • 7. Hitman 3
  • 6. Monster Hunter Rise
  • 5. Forza Horizon 5
  • 4. Dungeon Encounters
  • 3. Wildermyth
  • 2. Chicory: A Colorful Tale
  • 1. Deathloop

Last edited:
Love the cover art. I had never heard of Wildermyth before so was surprised to see that as their PC game of the year.

I'm interested in the criteria for PS/Xbox/Nintendo/PC game of the year, as some of the choices don't seem to marry up with their ranked GOTY list. I'm mainly confused how Chicory is their second best game of the year but doesn't even feature in the top threes for best Playstation/PC game

But a nice well-rounded group of games in general. I love seeing Chicory getting the attention it deserves but also great to see Wildermyth and Bonfire Peaks being recognised alongside bigger titles.

On the reviews, I keep seeing a lot of praise for Unsighted - I bounced off it when I tried it on Gamepass but after seeing more recent reviews of it I'm tempted to give it another whirl.

Deathloop is definitely something I’m gonna check out when it comes to XSX Gamepass next year.

Deathloop was such a mediocre game, so I’m bummed to see it score so highly. It was so bland and linear (despite the overall gameplay structure).

Returnal, Hitman 3, FH5 and Chicory are all great selections though.

Deathloop was such a mediocre game, so I’m bummed to see it score so highly. It was so bland and linear (despite the overall gameplay structure).

Returnal, Hitman 3, FH5 and Chicory are all great selections though.
I'm surprised you find it linear. If anything I found the amount of options overwhelming. And some of the abilities you get later on are really unique.

weren't they high on dread? surprised it didn't even make top 10. I don't understand the praise for deathloop at all, I bought based on the hype but it's the same run-to-the-objective single player shooter I got bored of last gen.

As I've used these monthly threads as my platform to complain about my Edge issues arriving late, I will now confirm that both 365 and 366 arrived last week and everything is good once again. I never received 364 and 365 was super late.

The Dungeon Encounters nine stands out and I'm excited to read the review. I've been intrigued by the game from the initial trailer due to the minimalist presentation and may pick it up at some point.

Clean version of the cover art, for those who want it.

fzK4zxx.jpg

As I've used these monthly threads as my platform to complain about my Edge issues arriving late, I will now confirm that both 365 and 366 arrived last week and everything is good once again. I never received 364 and 365 was super late.

The Dungeon Encounters nine stands out and I'm excited to read the review. I've been intrigued by the game from the initial trailer due to the minimalist presentation and may pick it up at some point.
I bought it the other day but am not sure when I'll be starting. Eurogamer gave it a very positive write up, too.

The old site has a thread for it I’ve been watching and the people it clicked with, it really clicked with them. Probably one of this years biggest hidden gems.

curious

ss_f790ae0c7be737b523d23a18dd3b8745788ac926.1920x1080.jpg

intruging
I can’t remember if it was Eurogamer or RPS that wrote the review I read but it sounds like the UI is a struggle, which might be deliberate?, and made the game uncomfortable to play.

Back
Top Bottom