• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires launches February 15, 2022 on Switch (US/EU)

Early 2022 is going to be packed, huh. I'll keep an eye on this — and it just reminded me that I haven't played Samurai Warriors 5 yet, smh.

Samurai Warriors 5 is not bad at all. There are some dips here and there but overall solid performance. And it looks way better than DW9...

SW5 looking way better is mostly down to the art style though. This game looks like it has the color palette of the late 2000s.

Samurai Warriors 5 is not bad at all. There are some dips here and there but overall solid performance. And it looks way better than DW9...

From a technical perspective Dynasty Warriors 9 was a lot more ambitious - and it showed from how poorly it ran on PS4.

This won't be open world but it's still built on that skeleton - and I assume that fork of the engine?

I'm genuinely curious to see how this runs on Switch...
Yep, my thought as well. With DW9 being too much for Switch and DW9E being mostly similar but minus the open world (though we don't know how large the environments will be). Footage does show the same scale as DW9, but I guess they'll have invisible walls instead?

It's the first Musou of its kind of Switch as it uses the new engine IIRC. Every other entry (plus every Atelier post Escha & Logy) uses the usual Musou engine (always forget the name of it). That engine's gotten a crap ton of use on Switch though. SW4DX turned out really nicely on it... shame KT are too cowardly to localize it!

Back
Top Bottom