• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dragon Quest X Offline is coming to PS4/PS5/Steam/Switch on September 15th, 2022 in Japan (UPDATE: 3rd trailer, see threadmarks)

It being by BB Studio is a good sign, at least. They eventually stopped adding Region Locks for the Super Robot Wars series. Though in that case the game was already translated to English.

Why would they mention there are no plans for Dragon Quest X online to come west in their anniversary stream but not for this, though? I'm still confident it will eventually come!

Steam page is region-locked so looking not very likely to get localized. It's being developed by B.B.Studio, which is known for Super Robot Wars

It can still be localized. Some pages on Steam are region specific while also have a rest of world version. It's weird because games don't usually have their own separate Japanese page. I remember encountering some awhile back but the name of the games aren't popping up in my head.

Last edited:
I think the fact that they made an offline version is an indication that an international release will happen.

Of course, this is wishful thinking, but I believe they probably wouldn't have bothered for Japan alone as they made quite a bit of money with the Online X already (as I understand).

In any case, I absolutely hope to play it.

From the footage it looks as if you get a party member of each race. I doubt you can customize them, but I'd love it if they all had a character creator. This would be my dream ever since IX: Customizable party members but each with a fixed character.

Having said that, it's not even certain yet that we can customize the hero. One image showed a heroine instead, so we'll at least get that choice, but I imagine the player character will be customizable since all the options are in the original X already.

Crush it up and shoot it straight into my veins. I'll probably import this and continue to pray for a localization.

It looks okay, but I'm bummed we're not getting the original version. Always wanted to play that in English. I think it looked better too. Still, I'll give this a try when it's out.

I think the chibi models with that detailed overworld give it a diorama like look, it's very pretty. I also think it's a very good realization of DQ's classic looks in HD.

Probably won't run at 60fps on the Switch, but hopefully it will reach 1080p docked.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't announced a localisation yet. I figured half the point of an offline version would be that it would be a much easier sell outside Japan than the online original.

Like many others, I'm super hopeful this gets a localization. I've played a bit over half of the DQ games and would love to eventually get to play this one, even if it's the offline version.

In any case I like how it looks!

I hope this does get localized, but am remaining doubtful for now. I'd like to play this finally in English.

They're probably figuring out how they're gonna do about the DLC bringing the subsequent versions. Each one is probably a shitton of text that needs to be translated, and I'm not sure people in the west would buy every chapter if they sell them separately.

They're probably figuring out how they're gonna do about the DLC bringing the subsequent versions. Each one is probably a shitton of text that needs to be translated, and I'm not sure people in the west would buy every chapter if they sell them separately.
If this isn’t coming to the West, what’s the point of this product even existing?

The DQ11 UI is here to stay it seems, or at least very similar copies of it translated over to new DQ games

looks really nice in 60fps. don't think the switch would hit that though
Really? There's no reason this shouldn't be 60fps on all systems.

Not sure if I'm interested anyway, assuming it does get localized. It was announced along with DQXII, the DQIII remake, and that other spin-off which all got worldwide release confirmations, but this didn't.

If this isn’t coming to the West, what’s the point of this product even existing?

I did say i don't think it's coming, just that they're probably figuring out how they're going to handle it (i personally can't think of a good solution).

Nonetheless, the "point" is that Japan loves DQ and the game will be a success even if it doesn't come to the west. DQ has a very traditional fan base so a lot of fans probably felt alienated by the online form, so giving these people an opportunity to play the game in their own terms is already enough to justify it existing.

The art style is really, awkward? I don’t really like the look of it.
Yeah not sure what's going on, personally I'm fine with the chibi characters but there are times in that video where the overworld graphics seem to change from high detail realistic texture work to sprite art psx unfiltered pixels . It's a little strange considering the original DQX world has a very clean and consistent cartoony art style.

Yeah not sure what's going on, personally I'm fine with the chibi characters but there are times in that video where the overworld graphics seem to change from high detail realistic texture work to sprite art psx unfiltered pixels . It's a little strange considering the original DQX world has a very clean and consistent cartoony art style.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. It’s a very inconsistent looking version of the game.

I will buy this even if not localized. It looks that good!
Just thought the same. I don't read a single Japanese character, but I might still get this anyway. Google Translate app will have to help me figure out the quests lol

All of that sounds fantastic.

Character customisation for player and sibling, just like X Online.

Traditional battle system and one member of each race as party members.

This is an insta-buy for me.

All we need now is a localisation.

It would be pretty wild if this didn’t release broadly after the success of XI and their attempts to have the DQ streams reach a wider audience.

Perhaps that is wishful thinking though, because I think this looks fantastic. If it ends up localized, I will be there.

I can't stand the chibi character models. Really turning me off to the entire game lol...
It's not the chibi that bothers me, it's the low fidelity. The models look like they can use an extra 2000 triangles and thr textures can go up another factor. They're not even going for that lofi look, it's a weird blend

DQX rules. I've played the JP version up to the 3rd expansion. Every expansion is basically a full game of content. Even the online version plays and is structured more or less like a traditional Dragon Quest. Very text amd story driven, very easy to play solo. I'm hopeful this gets localized though, my Japanese is pretty decent, but DQX is super, super dense with text and can be a bit exhausting to wade through.

This thread bump almost gave me a heart attack thinking they announced the localization lol

We're back to good old times of being a DQ fan

This thread bump almost gave me a heart attack thinking they announced the localization lol

We're back to good old times of being a DQ fan
d5m9i49-ce6c02e7-7d46-459b-9749-27f505a72c44.jpg

I was taking a look at the pictures in the link, and noticed on the copyrights they don't listen Sugiyama's company anymore. I'm not sure that has always been the case for screenshots but I don't think so? Just thought it was interesting, since the game will still have Sugiyama's music. Maybe SE now owns the music again?

I was taking a look at the pictures in the link, and noticed on the copyrights they don't listen Sugiyama's company anymore. I'm not sure that has always been the case for screenshots but I don't think so? Just thought it was interesting, since the game will still have Sugiyama's music. Maybe SE now owns the music again?
that's always been the case

dragon-quest-11-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom