• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dragon Quest X Offline is coming to PS4/PS5/Steam/Switch on September 15th, 2022 in Japan (UPDATE: 3rd trailer, see threadmarks)

All games planned to be JP only had a disclaimer saying it would be JP only , DQX Offline didnt have such disclaimer. SE is probably waiting for all expansions to be released in Japan before releasing the game on the West to have a complete package they can sell (right now at release it will not be complete)
waiting on a complete package (that's not promised to be finished) would be costly from a consumer standpoint.

All games planned to be JP only had a disclaimer saying it would be JP only , DQX Offline didnt have such disclaimer. SE is probably waiting for all expansions to be released in Japan before releasing the game on the West to have a complete package they can sell (right now at release it will not be complete)
That doesn't make sense. The MMO could run for another 10 years for all we know. Future expansions wouldn't be an obstacle to release it overseas, DLC is a viable solution.

They just don't think it's worth putting resources into it, whether it had a disclaimer or not. We can also say it's obviously not planned to get localised because all other games that would release globally were specifically mentioned, most if not all even simultaneous release.

SE doesn't want to put resources into it, perhaps they're hoping a platform holder like Nintendo to foot the bill, like they've done multiple times in the past (almost every DQ release is published by Nintendo outside of Japan, despite SE publishing them for other platforms in the case of DQXI and DQ Builders 2 for example).

waiting on a complete package (that's not promised to be finished) would be costly from a consumer standpoint.
That's what they are doing in Japan and they are charging 12,900¥ for the edition that gets original game + expansion. They would not get away with such thing in the West

That doesn't make sense. The MMO could run for another 10 years for all we know. Future expansions wouldn't be an obstacle to release it overseas, DLC is a viable solution.

They just don't think it's worth putting resources into it, whether it had a disclaimer or not. We can also say it's obviously not planned to get localised because all other games that would release globally were specifically mentioned, most if not all even simultaneous release.

SE doesn't want to put resources into it, perhaps they're hoping a platform holder like Nintendo to foot the bill, like they've done multiple times in the past (almost every DQ release is published by Nintendo outside of Japan, despite SE publishing them for other platforms in the case of DQXI and DQ Builders 2 for example).
Don't think Nintendo will be involved with this game or pay for a western release when Sony has a deal for it, the PS4/5 editions have early access to content and two exclusive items plus it has a marketing deal for it all DQX content comes from PS5 footage and Playstation events. Also DQX Offline has only one planned expansion that we know off

Don't think Nintendo will be involved with this game or pay for a western release when Sony has a deal for it, the PS4/5 editions have early access to content and two exclusive items plus it has a marketing deal for it all DQX content comes from PS5 footage and Playstation events. Also DQX Offline has only one planned expansion that we know off
Even with Sony having a deal, that wouldn't prevent SE from having Nintendo publish an international release I think. Just to be clear: no way will a hypothetical International version release around the same time with the Japanese release. And I don't believe this will get localised in the near future anyway.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, while not the same situation, SE published all versions except the Switch versions of DQXI and Builders 2. Which makes me believe that it wouldn't prevent SE having Nintendo publish a potential release in the rest of the world.

Though I could be completely wrong lol.

It would be so weird for them to release DQXI, I—III, announce DQXII and DQIIIR as global releases and then not bring this over. Those releases hooked me, and the announcements made me excited to be a new DQ fan! Hope they keep the good times rolling.

Is DQX not super popular though? i would imagine that would be 10 plus years out or more before they even are near being done.

I still don't get why, going offline (so skipping all the issues due to servers and so on...) this version isn't coming West..

DQ localizations take a long time, and the series has never had simultaneous worldwide releases (except i guess 11 on switch, for which most of the localization work was already done). i'd be surprised if 10 offline doesn't get a localization, but it's gonna take a while before it's announced and released.

DQ localizations take a long time, and the series has never had simultaneous worldwide releases (except i guess 11 on switch, for which most of the localization work was already done). i'd be surprised if 10 offline doesn't get a localization, but it's gonna take a while before it's announced and released.

but isn't a vast part of this game...pretty old now?

but isn't a vast part of this game...pretty old now?
they've pretty much remade the game in a new style. and regardless, none of it has ever been localized. we've just started to get same day WW releases for some JRPGs in the past few years (SMT5, etc), and i don't think this project was started with the goal of having a day 1 localized release.

they've pretty much remade the game in a new style. and regardless, none of it has ever been localized. we've just started to get same day WW releases for some JRPGs in the past few years (SMT5, etc), and i don't think this project was started with the goal of having a day 1 localized release.
Some of those were due to Nintendo's assistance. Nintendo isn't involved here, so we're at SE's whims. I wonder if they are hesitant due to the chibi art

No, because this isn't the most. This is new assets being made to follow the story

Wait, so the story assets are new, too?

Advertisement for the game in Japan feels kind of off. Like not even a new trailer for the new release date ?
the game was delayed pretty late in the marketing cycle. might just wait until august before starting it up again. also, the game appears in playstation commercials. quite the turnaround for sony in japan

I'm really craving for some Monster Quest, can't wait to see some of the newest projects progress. Later this year I'm going to buy a Desktop setup with a RTX 4080 (I hope) and I will play the shit out of X through VPN and no one is going to stop me

Later this year I'm going to buy a Desktop setup with a RTX 4080 (I hope) and I will play the shit out of X through VPN and no one is going to stop me
Scalpers be like
hello-there-hi-there.gif

remember that DQX Online looks like this

and DQX Offline looks like this

Urgh, I know I’m late to the party but I actually never looked how DQ X Offline would look. I expected it would be very close to the actual DQ X game, but wow, I’m not really feeling it with these chibi designs.

The chibi designs are due to the game being focused on DQ already existing fanbase in Japan and nowadays most modern DQ fans come from the DQ/DS era

Square is so annoying with this bullshit. It's 2022. Stop this nonsense with deliberately ignoring the West and not announcing either way what their plans are for localization.

I want this game so badly. Will lose countless hours in it if it comes to western markets. I invested like 117 hours into DQXI: S and it's one of my all-time favorite games.

Yeah this is really dumb. This and the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters are games people really want and Square is basically like LOL NOPE.
The fact that they were not willing to bring DQ10 Online to the west for perfectly reasonable considerations, only to then release an Offline version that makes those concerns invalid and still keep it Japan-exclusive drives me up the wall like none of their other flabbergasting decisions can.

Honestly all I can say is spam the hell out of Square Enix, the developers, etc on Twitter and elsewhere letting them know we want this game localized and brought to the west. If enough voices are heard then they may finally listen. As it stands right now, they are going out of their way to try and block comments on videos and such trying to not let western people even talk about this game. Stupid shit. I actually used Google translater and tweeted some stuff to their Japanese accounts. I want this game a lot lol.

The fact that they were not willing to bring DQ10 Online to the west for perfectly reasonable considerations, only to then release an Offline version that makes those concerns invalid and still keep it Japan-exclusive drives me up the wall like none of their other flabbergasting decisions can.
There is a ‘reason’ to not bring it. DQX Offline will get expansions for a long time (to be able to cover more part of DQX Online and also new history parts) so to bring it to the West they would need to support also the Western version for a really long period which they might find not worth it or they prefer waiting

There is a ‘reason’ to not bring it. DQX Offline will get expansions for a long time (to be able to cover more part of DQX Online and also new history parts) so to bring it to the West they would need to support also the Western version for a really long period which they might find not worth it or they prefer waiting
Ah, I did not know that. Assumed it was a complete package from the get go.

So maybe once they are done adding more content to it they might— oh, who am I kidding.

Ah, I did not know that. Assumed it was a complete package from the get go.

So maybe once they are done adding more content to it they might— oh, who am I kidding.
I expect them to release it once most content or all is out really or if it is successful enough that it becomes GaaS like and at that point they would be waiting forever.

Dragon Quest has gotten pretty successful here so I feel like it's a safe bet to bring the game over to the west once it's content complete. I wouldn't mind a Switch 2 version in a couple years from now or whenever the next Nintendo hardware releases. Game looks so good though so if it does get announced, it will be something I'll absolutely be excited for.

Back
Top Bottom